Forums > Help! > Can minors be paid to spin fire???

Login/Join to Participate

PyreFlynewbie
1 post

Posted:
Does anyone know where I can find out if it is legal for minors to be paid to spin fire. I live in NY State USA. I have heard that it is not legal, but I need to know for sure. How can I find out what the laws are in my state?

Gost-tec

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
To spin in public you need public liability insurance. I would imagine that would be VERY hard to get for a minor.

As for local laws I would ask the police dept. They should be able to advise you.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I would pm NYC. He's been spinning in the area for quite some time and would probably have a better idea who to direct your inquiries to. The police around here have absolutely no idea what the regulations regarding fire spinning are.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Aye - I think where you'll get stuck is you'll find it VERY hard to get insured as a minor.

And you shouldn't think about getting paid for spinning (fire or not) without being insured...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude