Forums > Social Chat > Thats really a law?!?!?!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
matty390GOLD Member
71 posts

Posted:
hello biggrin, this post is dedicated to those stupid laws that exist all over the place. for example:
in california it is illegal to eat an orange in a bathtub confused,
in alaska it is a federal offence to throw a moose out of a moving vehicle!!,
and in york you can shoot a scotsman if its with a longbow!!!! eek
i know pointless!!
just wondering if anyone knew any more?

any input greatly appreciated (comments too)

matt

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
In texas it is against the law to refuse someone a glass of water if they ask for it. There was once a law that said when you got out of jail you could ask for a gun and a horse and the state had to give it to you.

In new orleans "I've seen them all happen." you can go to jail for leaning with intent to fall"a very drunk friend of mine leaning against a pole.", impersonating a human being "a vagrant in jackson square.",molesation of a hotdog"the guy put to much ketchup on the hotdog.",rape of a hamburger"a woman took the pickles off her hamburger and threw them away.",and murder of a cigarette "a guy finished his smoke and then rubbed the butt out on the ground with his foot.".

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
there used to be a law in england that during an exam the university had to provide a pint of ale, one student found this out and demanded his ale, after the exam the university decided to get its revenge, he was arrested for not carrying a sword as they found a law that any man over 18 should carry their sword at all times.

both laws are now invalid

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
ubblol that's brilliant vampyricacid!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

sausages are still legal tender in Germany.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
great!!!!

whats the exchange rate??? ubblol ubblol

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
What about the law where you can shoot a welsh man from over the border with a bow and arrow as long as it's on a sunday or something like that.

+†Delirium_57412†+

And all that's jazzBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
I don't know if it officially counts as law per se, but this is my absolute favourite.

In the far north of England on the Scottish border is/was a very small town called (I believe) Berwick-on-Tweed. In 1939 there was a dispute in progress between the two countries as to whether Berwick-on-Tweed was in fact in England or in Scotland. When the 2nd World War broke out, the matter had still not been resolved.

As such, the official declaration of war on Germany was signed by England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales . . . . and Berwick-on-Tweed.

As the years passed and the World War progressed, the other (smaller) turf war concerning Berwick-on-Tweed was quickly resolved (I think England won) and the issue was quickly forgotten. When the time came to sign the armistice in 1944, everyone had completely forgotten about the argument, to the extent that the declaration of peace was signed by England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

And not Berwick-on-Tweed.

The upshot of this being that there is a small and otherwise insignificant north-English town that is still officially at war with Germany, and which has been for the past 66 years.

Jazz

C8H18 + 12.5O2 ---------> 8CO2 + 9H2O + you know what

Blayzen ButterflyGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
Written by: MiG

I believe that there's one in Australia saying you need to have somewhere to tie your horse at evey pub...

Yeah, its also illegal to sneeze in the street because it might scare the horse's... ubblol

"You dozed, and watched the night revealing
The thousand sordid images
Of which your soul was constituted"

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
haha berwick on tweed ones great...in england its actually illegal to eat mince pies on christmas day or christmas eve...one of the two i dont remember...oliver cromwell made it so and the law was never changed against it...

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: Delirium_Star

What about the law where you can shoot a welsh man from over the border with a bow and arrow as long as it's on a sunday or something like that.

Yeah, that's one from Herefordshire. Only it's actually illegal to kill a welshman on a Sunday in the grounds of the Cathedral.
Unlike Chester, where you can shoot a welshman but only with a bow and arrow inside the city walls after midnight.
It's very confusing, but you basically need to pick your welshmen at the right time of day and in the right City.....

biggrin

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
In Chester it's legal to shoot a welshman if it's with a longbow (I was wanna take a welshman to Chester)

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Written by: Delirium_Star

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

Is that the one you are thinking of?

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
And: Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
its illegal to eat a mince pie on christmas day

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
in one of the northern states (minnisota or wisconsin i believe) its illegal to cross state borders with a duck on your head.

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
In the town of Mobile, Illinois, it is illegal to wear high-heeled shoes without a permit.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Elijahnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
aparently if you come from, and still live in cheshie you can shoot a welsh person on sight. i think it's also with a longbow.

man people must not like the welsh and scottish....hum....oh well

scottydogGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
apparently its also syill illegal to play football on a sunday in england, theres also a law about how you cant roast your potatoes with your beef or some variance of meat and veg roasting. that train one is ridiculous. you americans and auzzies have some crazy laws. unlike us sophisticated brits. (just kidding, I LOVE YOU ALL REALLY.....hehehe)

anyone ever come to aldeburgh and feel like a beach session, just give me a call.

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
thats similar to a road in london, its still legal to kill a welsh bloke afte r10 pm

im alan partridge........AHA!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Personally I still think this is bit of a joke...
Written by:

Powers in relation to raves

Powers to remove persons attending or preparing for a rave.

63.—(1) This section applies to a gathering on land in the open air of 100 or more persons (whether or not trespassers) at which amplified music is played during the night (with or without intermissions) and is such as, by reason of its loudness and duration and the time at which it is played, is likely to cause serious distress to the inhabitants of the locality; and for this purpose—

(a) such a gathering continues during intermissions in the music and, where the gathering extends over several days, throughout the period during which amplified music is played at night (with or without intermissions); and

(b) "music" includes sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats.

(2) If, as respects any land in the open air, a police officer of at least the rank of superintendent reasonably believes that—

(a) two or more persons are making preparations for the holding there of a gathering to which this section applies,

(b) ten or more persons are waiting for such a gathering to begin there, or

(c) ten or more persons are attending such a gathering which is in progress,

This is from the Criminal Justice Act. Sections 63-66 for those interested.

I'm think that this has been revised recently but cant find a newer copy that I dont have to pay for. I think it now says 20 people and the "is likely to cause serious distress to the inhabitants of the locality" line has been removed.

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
but wha if the beds bangin across the floor and someones screaming to the beat and you get a noise complaint put against you for just having good sex?

im alan partridge........AHA!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Unless you are having sex with at least 19 other people, outside, and with the whole show broadcast over a PA system you should be ok wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
thanx for the criminal justice act....yes it has been amanded and babylon are cracking down on us.

but remember this.........

Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy.

Our nourishment of choice is Love.

Our addiction of choice is technology.

Our religion of choice is music.

Our currency of choice is knowledge.

Our politics of choice is none.

Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be.

You may hate us.

You may dismiss us.

You may misunderstand us.

You may be unaware of our existence.

We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you.

We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naive children. We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself.

We are The Massive.

One Massive.

We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother's heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring.

We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we are all the same. We came to accept that we are all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal.

And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these very realizations that each of was truly born.

We continue to pack our bodies into feilds, clubs, warehouses, or buildings you've abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in it's purest, most intense, most hedonistic form. In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you've put on us for your own peace of mind. We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible.

Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of the world you've created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Our enemy of choice is ignorance.

Our weapon of choice is information.

Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence.

But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party.

You don't have access to that switch, no matter what you may think.

The music will never stop.

The heartbeat will never fade.

The party will never end.

I am a raver, and this is my manifesto.

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
Dont know if this counts because they're not through yet (and hopefully never will be)

but for the new anti-terrorism laws here if i was suspected of being/help/acting a terrorist or someone who would oppose the current goverment party i could be held for a few weeks without charge or proof and all my parents would be told is that i would be "safe" and i wouldnt be back for a while. but if my parents tell anyone else that, they are sent to jail for 5 years.

arbitrary_number_2newbie
21 posts

Posted:
its only illegal to have sex with a kangaroo in Aus if youre sober. I quit the suds, they were messing with me, and possibly leading me to spread false rumours concerning sex with our beloved marsupials

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i heard that you could be detained without charge for up to 2 years...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I love the buses running around the streets of melbourne at the moment with ads on the back that say "In florida, it is illegal to be intimate with a porcupine"

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Blasphemous GirlSILVER Member
83 posts

Posted:
Amen Ravehead !!!!!! bounce bounce2

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

MasterOfDreamsBRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
In Cambodia, though I am not sure about the rest of South East Asia, it is illegal to ride a moped with out shoes but legal to drive one with out a helmet.

Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, live your life the way that you see fit

7,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: Blasphemous Girl

Amen Ravehead !!!!!! bounce bounce2

why thank you biggrin

however i didn't write it, i had it stored on my computer.

it's a powerfull statment

Page: