Page:
lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
I just woke up from a dream where i died less than half an hour ago. It was the most intensely sad i can remember feeling, even after i woke and new it was a dream i couldn't stop crying and still feel like i could. It's quite strange. I just emailed my family to tell them i love them. I have such amazing intense dreams and usually i wake up so excited and energised by them.
I was reading on my driveway at a house i've never seen and i knew i was sick and my body was in hospital. A van drove past and dropped off a bag that belongs to me, and i was in it with a note to my parents that said 'Karen and Peter, your son is dead'. I picked up the bag, put it on my back and went looking for them. Untill this point i was strangely at ease and then when i found my Mum and hugged her, i told her that i did not want to go and i was so incredibly sad. I thought something was wrong with the situation, realised i was in a dream and woke up but it was and still is so intense.
I don't know what you all think about dreaming, but i just thought it may be interesting to hear what people think.
Peace and Love
Dylan hug

people are people

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
freaky - i've had a similar dream last summer, and yes I cried after i woke up.

I also had a dream of princess diana's funeral a fortnight before she got killed - no-one believed me til i started speaking the same words as the narrator of the funeral at the same time - like out of some freaky horror film.

I'm not saying you're gonna die or anything, it was just, well... weird!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
It makes you wonder what kind of horrible thoughts were locked in the subconcious to make you dream such a thing.

Thankfully, I've never died in my sleep, and as far as the urban legends around my area go - die in your sleep, die in real life.

Don't know how anyone would have found that out though. tongue

Willy - is bad for your health...

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I've died once or twice I think and I remember almost dieing in a third wave of London bombing.

The whole die-in-a-dream-and-you-actually-die thing has always amused me, like you said, how would anyone know?

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I keep dreaming there's loads of tornadoes around me and i get whipped up and sucked out into space. I've had it loads of times, and can be kinda scary!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who dies 4-5 times each week in his sleep, often by being stabbed . . .

ture na sig

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I normally die about twice a week in my dreams

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i normally die every night in my dreams
it still makes me feel all wierd when i wake up
not sure what it means!

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i've never died in my dreams - but then again its only bout once or twice a month i even remember them.

as for the "die in dream die in real life" thing its like people who say drowning is a peaceful way to die - how do you know? tongue

back

Stick ManBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
I’ve died in a few dreams before. Once I was eaten by a lion outside a local gymnasium. That dream was sort of cool at first because after I was eaten I could float around and see what was happening down below. But no one could see me and I got scared I’d be alone forever. Another time I got all chopped up buy a guy with a samurai sword. But it didn’t hurt so I was just more or less annoyed that someone would chop me up like that. The scariest dream ever, was when I dreamt I was being hung. When I passed out in my dream, I woke up and realized I was holding my breath. I ran to the bathroom and saw that my face was pale and my lips were blue. I couldn’t sleep for the next couple days after that one

I ain't been around the world, but I've been around the block. I ain't seen everything, but I've seen enough to talk. I'm not a prophet, I'm not the 2nd comming of christ. I'm just a mason with a will to build and a little advice.

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
I don't know how some of you people remember your dreams so vividly...
I have really intense dreams (or nightmares in some cases) and I suddenly wake, but I can barely remember why I woke or what the dream was about... confused

It's better to burn out than to fade away

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I've not actually died in any of my dreams, despite being chased around by people and nearly killed often. Its very stressful. Then, a lot of my dreams are very stressful, but i think being chased by people with weapons who keep almost killing me is about the worst!

Except the time i got chased by bees.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
Surprising to hear how often people die in their dreams here.
I've had all sorts of crazy dreams, but none had made me feel like this one. I've dreamt of having my head mostly cut off, but i was all vampiric and powery and cool so it didn't matter, having an axe in the back from some big fat biker guy, but i was all powery and cool and it didn't matter.
This dream was odd because i was carrying myself around while looking for my parents. It was like my conciousness carrying my physical body.
My dreams are so vivid and awesome and i think would make cool films. It would be so awesome to be able to record dreams and watch them again, but then i guess they'd lose thier magic.
Hooray for dreaming, even if sometimes you die.

people are people

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
I used to drown all the time when I was younger. Luckily I haven't had a dream like that in a long time.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

prosparityfireSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
I sense the same assumption coagulating this thread together that death is something to fear, but death in all optimistic perceptions is a transcendence, transition or "the new birth" as they might say on Clueless. I think that you are no longer who your parents invisioned you to be or the person that was a resemblance of that person now he is like that Russian guy that hellboy brings back to life and carries on his back only to be smashed to bits buy a 400 ton pendelum. But say good bye and so long cause Iceland, Belgium, Mieke, bike rides and Eastern Europe have apprehended a deeper knowledge are brighter light of the rotting carcass that is DS. bye

And to die in your dreams does not seem to be taken for as much granted as your subconcious is screaming for you to hear, I have never died in my dreams or if I have it was not traumatic but just like a part of it any more than the rest of it. And I strongly believe that it is far more symbolic than the literal "spiritual memo" from your higherself that you are going to die sooner than you thought, ha ha ha ha hahhhh ah ha ha hahhhhhh!!! ubblol
EDITED_BY: prosparityfire (1125415385)

misslucygBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
I've always had falling dreams, more so when I was younger, I fell off a very high top bunk while sleeping once (and was still sleeping when my parents ran in and found me on the floor!), and I've often wondered if this was what may have triggered them.
I really appreciate dreams generally, one of my friends was researching stuff about it all for a while- mainly to do with things that could be done toward getting more or crating lucid dreams, but one thing I remember about remembering dreams better The LOst Seraph was to lie still when you wake and when you feel you've done a wee reassessment of the dream, to write it down, if you move alot immediately on waking up this apparently makes the dream more distant- and I have found that true for myself, and the keeping a log of dreams, just makes you remember them better cos you're paying more attention.. i think..

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Worse dreams ive had was

a: Being chased around a building site by a guy with a chainsaw

b: Looseing my teeth! It feels so real and when I wake up I allways think 'ok I actualy felt the pain of my teeth coming out I just know if i look under my covers ill have at least one missing' but I check my teeth (for a good 10 mins couse im paranoid) and find none are even loose.

I hate dreaming, I never used to remember my dreams, I wish I would go back to that.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
just speculating here, but perhaps it could symbolise new beginnigs or something.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Written by: lasersurge

My dreams are so vivid and awesome and i think would make cool films. It would be so awesome to be able to record dreams and watch them again, but then i guess they'd lose thier magic.

I've often thought that, but it seems like a lot of my dreams, although they make perfect sense in my sleep, would be entirely incomprehensible if i saw them when I was awake.

Written by: Brit_Joe

Looseing my teeth! It feels so real and when I wake up I allways think 'ok I actualy felt the pain of my teeth coming out I just know if i look under my covers ill have at least one missing' but I check my teeth (for a good 10 mins couse im paranoid) and find none are even loose.

I had a dream like that a few weeks ago-my teeth just kept falling out! It is supposedly supposed to symbolize the loss of innocence.

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Written by: Stick Man

The scariest dream ever, was when I dreamt I was being hung. When I passed out in my dream, I woke up and realized I was holding my breath. I ran to the bathroom and saw that my face was pale and my lips were blue. I couldn’t sleep for the next couple days after that one

I read recently that sometimes the brain forgets to cause the body to breath whulst you're asleep and so sometimes you can actually just stop breathing whilst your asleep, which might have been what happened there.

Scary thought! eek

Stick ManBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
Scary event.

I ain't been around the world, but I've been around the block. I ain't seen everything, but I've seen enough to talk. I'm not a prophet, I'm not the 2nd comming of christ. I'm just a mason with a will to build and a little advice.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I like dying in my dreams, makes me feel like I've had a good change from something bad, or a lucky escape in life....

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I always have dreams where I get stabbed, shot, fall off cliffs, etc, but never one where I actually DIE. I do have freaky dreams where friends ask me to keep money in my hair and Freddy Crugger has cuttlary taped to his fingers instead of that glove thing.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
your strange LilMiss.... wink

Wish I could dream more though... maybe thats why when I have nightmares I enjoy them; because I actually dream...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I hate going out to a club, taking an illegal substance, coming home and dreaming that i'm still dancing. DRUGS ARE BAD> DONT DO THEM biggrin

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
I don't die, I think I'm more of a killer. Wonder what that says about me. Had one where I had two swords, and there were loads of armed charvs, and I was doing loads of badass ninja malarky and totally owning them all. People I know and despise aswell, not just ficticious charvs. Anyway one of them was unarmed, and begged me not to harm him, and I just cut him up anyway! Felt so bad after that, so hid the sword behind a tree so te man in the tractor wouldnt find it.

I've lost my teeth a few times, worst was where I was in some jungley place somewhere, and all the tribespeoples villages had been catching an aweful disease. I ran about for a bit but naturally caught it, at which point I went off to a sink, and started vomiting up faeces, whilst my teeth were coming out with it. Lush.

Eat lots of cheese before you go to bed, gives you wicked dreams. Best example recently, I was part of a squad of marines, basically in an alien vs predator movie, but with dinosaurs too, on the moon. Lots of shooting, even got to go up in a helicopter and use its massive gun.

I am not insane.

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
That would make a wicked movie.

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
i can't convey there quite how truely epic it was, just thinking about it overwhelms me still. It was like being part of some huge fullscale invasion... i can't even explain just how... much... it was.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I've died lots in my dreams... but there's a strange dream I have several times a year, that just as I'm about to shuffle off this mortal coil, I look over to ther person that has killed me (usually in a violent manner) and realise that its me.

I never find dreams of dying disturbing, I often find them strangely serene. I guess thats what I hope the last great adventure will be like. wink

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I had a f****d up 1 last nite.....
me & my other half went up in a 2man shuttle to fix a satelite and I couldent breath properly coz he left the door open. (we didnt havs suits, just the oxygen masks they have in hospital)
I used all mine so we couldn't finish the mission.

When we got back down there was a prototype test of "MAN WINGS" that worked using kinettic energy.(being doveloped 4 a gothic film) They had to put those big gallon bottles of water in a net underneath to make the guy come back down to the ground.
Next scene, I was in bed and all the flesh on my right foot was missing. the dog had eaten it in my sleep! EEEWWWW (Like the girl who had her face eaten by a dog in the film cabbin fever)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
LilMiss, I suggest you stop eating cheese before bed .... or share your dreams about. I wana dream, not had one in ages.... ubblol

Page: