bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
morning.

some time ago i said i would try to organise a minibus for those travelling from edinburgh to falmouth.

unfortunately i can't any more, but i'm finding travel info for those who want.

flybe does a flight from ed to exeter on wednesday night for about £40 inc. tax
train is about £60 from edinburgh to falmouth thursday morning(limited tickets)

if any of the following want me to try to book tickets i need full names please reallyreallyreally soon and you'll be on your own in exeter on wednesday night(nate?)

mand
pricklyleaf
aidan
amelie
kyrian

sorry 'bout the minbus, but there weren't enough drivers able to go both ways.

love
Rob

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Thanks for making the effort Rob.
I'm not gonna be in falmouth, but I replied to your pm.
smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I think I'm gonna try the manchester people, if that fails I'll just bum on the train? Let me know if you have a better suggedstion as I'm coming from york, not actually from edinburgh.

or if you think i'm being stupid.

-K

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I'm flying from Edinburgh to Bristol (Easyjet £23) on the Tuesday night, staying with my friend in Bristol for a couple of nights, then hopefully getting a lift down to Falmouth from there...

Hope everyone gets something sorted grouphug

(And Rob... I decided to get horribly into debt biggrin )

Getting to the other side smile

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Okay; I never actually annouced that I was thinking of coming along too, but I might be... dunno.

Anyways, Easyjet flights to Bristol look to be a lot cheaper than Flybe flight to Exeter. Return flights from Glasgow come to about fifty-odd quid, depending on which flights you get, which is more than enough cheaper to offset the extra cost of train tickets.

That just leaves a four hour train journey, costing about the same again, plus the cost of getting to/from airports... Unless lifts are available from/to Exeter or Bristol, which would change everything...

Must consult with Ms Leaf...
EDITED_BY: 486 (1120533940)

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey, yeah, decided not to go to Falmouth as can't afford/too far to go etc. Thanks for the effort bluecat though. Just will have to make uberpoi twice as good biggrin

Unless someone has cheap transport to pull out of there sleeve.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm sure as heck tryin!

-K

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
hug for your help mogs - see you there biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Eek. Drat. Oh, uh... I'll confer with my two travelling partners. Drat. I have to admit that I'm tempted to bail on Falmouth, as much as it would be great to go. Taking all this time off is a bit difficult.

...so those are our only options, the plan and the train?

Anywhere else I can post about getting from Glasgow to Edinburgh? (I just posted on the Uberpoi thread, but what the heck, why not hear as well?). I'm arriving on the 13th.

Poifully,

nck

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Getting from Glasgow to Edinburgh is no problem at all. Regular trains run from Queen Street Station, or buses from Buchanan Bus Station (just ask when you get to the city centre, as they're both pretty central.)

Holly, Sparky and I intend to travel to Edinburgh on the 15th, so if you're staying in Glasgow, you could hook up with us then. If however, you're just passing through; you really shouldn't have any problems fending for yourself.

smile

Gav

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
???!!

Am I just reading this late?

Nick, you're getting a lift to Falmouth from Edinburgh with Rob... tis sorted already biggrin

And it's the easiest thing in the world to get to Edinburgh from Glasgow... as yer man above says. It's an hour-long bus trip and everyone's friendly and will help you get to the bus station.

Getting to the other side smile

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
and i habe made things all good for moi.... just someone tell me where to go when i get
there!!!

hug

-K

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah