Page:
inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

BrotherKoWSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Just keep workin at it, make sure you can do the inwards butterfly with one poi at a time, with both the left and right hands. Stand sideways in front of a mirror / something reflective so you can check your planes. Have fun smile

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
i just got it by doing it slow, i practice alot by switching from inwards to outwards, over and over again, that helps me get in practice for if i want to change to that move at any time

i feel that the longer the poi are the easier it is to stay in control of the butterfly, and u can make them go alot slower when they are longer.

dunno if this helps

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
go slow is good advice i think, i think also use heavier poi because they have more feeling and stay straighter. good luck smile you will have it nailed soon

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ditto oli. I always keep one hand higher than the other, it's helps them avoid each other a little more, side by side for alternate timing smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Longer heavier poi and the mirror thing are good, but if you get that going somewhat decently, flop it over your head then bring it back. I was having lots of trouble keeping my outward planes straight, but flopping gets them straight. And of course practice practice practice. But that part sucks. tongue

Don't mind me, just passing through.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hmm, I could try a mirror, I just find it usually confuses me, but I'll give it a go, thanx biggrin

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
My Sock poi are quite long anyway as I am six foot three, they needed to be long but I suppose making them a bit longer moght be better, and maybe heavier too. thanx biggrin

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
yes, heavier did seem to work, but even slower than ever now as I have discovered that heavier poi like my testicles more than my face, OUCH! lol

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
hmm, I generally keep one hand on top of the other for both butterfly's, perhaps I should keep them apart a little?

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
well, I get plenty of chances to practice as I go to a few juggling things in Edinburgh and I'm nealry always nagging Birgit to play poi lol, but I never thought of flopping it, and I suppose that's what got my outward butterfly to be better, thanx, I'll give it a go biggrin

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sunbird

hmm, I generally keep one hand on top of the other for both butterfly's, perhaps I should keep them apart a little?

I recommend keeping them in a diagonal line - if you're right handed then inwards BF has your right hand above and to the right of your left hand, for outwards BF your right hand is below and to the right of your left hand.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
One more help:

Is important too, how you start doing BF. Put hands close to each other and that start it just from "pray" position in wall plane. I do not recoment start parallel spinnig and than tryin to pushc the Poi into BF. St very bad could happen to your genitals especially forward BF.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! At last, that cracked it! Thanks a million! hug ubbrollsmile

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
lol, no I agree, I start from in front of me not to the sides, lol! biggrin

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
smile well done.

light,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sunbird

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! At last, that cracked it! Thanks a million! hug ubbrollsmile

I'm looking forward to the demonstration biggrin hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hi Mrs. Me smile I shall bring my Poi and your glowball poi tonight and you can laugh at me as I either succeed again and sing like Smeagol or fail again and speak like micheal jackson lol. hug ubblove

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
im 6'5" anyway, so i generally dont mind any size poi, but the longer and heavier they are the slower they can travel, and i can spin some long poi, i can make it look like i go matrix mode while spinning butterflys haha,
congrats on getting it

Look down, time to fly!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
er no it's not alex...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Cheers man! yeah, that's another thing, working on uniques style, I have seen so many different personal styles of poi spinning, some where the spinner is standing dead still, some wher they dance like a balerina, some where they just seemto move with the Poi, I really want to make mine seem wild and ecstatic, I guess this is just down to how I work with them rather than any tuition, but still, if there are any tips please let me know smile

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey Meghan! smile umm, I know I'm thick but what's not what and which ones Alex (Sorry Alex lol) ubbloco

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
to be wild and elastic, practice moves in ways you intend to move while spinning, i like to do a crazed spin of 360's while doing 5beats, and then go back to normal spinning, so i guess u could call my style sporatic now haha

Look down, time to fly!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Cool! Well, Mrs. Me (Birgit) has got me onto take outs and butterfly variations now and I think I'd love to use them quite a lot biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
*grumblegrumblegrumble*s about her stoopid left hand and that she can't play or teach properly

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
aaw *takes hand in his and kisses wrist better* you are my poi yoda, you don't need to show me, you just use the force........ then show me after I come too close to self mutilation lol hug

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Teach this one poi? Too old you are! No patience you have! ubblol ubbrollsmile ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Yes master Yoda, that's because I am so turned on by your short stature, green skin and POInty ears that I want to be the best at poi so I charm you into my life even more! ubbloco lol ubbloco hug

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
oops, I mean MISTRESS Yoda hug

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
you seem to have a theme going on there... fancying Yodette and talking like Gollum! Maybe you are actually 2 of those little fantasy creatures standing on each other's shoulders and dressed like a human? tongue

(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
collectively they call me Jar Jar lol hug kiss

Page: