Forums > Meet Others > Liverpool, Preston, Manchester spinners - I know you're out there!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ClairebeSILVER Member
Destroyer of kitchen appliances
180 posts

Posted:
Just looking for anyone around the North-West in general really. I'm in Uni in Preston, but from Liverpool, and obviously Manchester is within easy travelling distance...

My brain is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but unfortunately not as tasty.

Squueee!

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

assburger182newbie
12 posts

Posted:
My brother lives nextdoor to the Adelphi, next time i come to see him i'll PM ya' smile

You tell me that silence is nearer to peace than poems? But, for my gift I brought you silence, for I know silence, you would say "this is another poem." And you would hand it back to me.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
yeah, come to a manchester meet, theres a big ish one this sunday biggrin

if you don't know where it is in manchester where we meet then pm one of us and one of us will come to meet you smile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Hi! Another guy from Liverpool here! Complete n00b and would love some teaching!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
hello clairbe, aah another local (ish) *waves from blackburn*, never know might be able to say hello at the manc meet on the 27th, good to know there not all the poi'ers are in london

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Hello! I'm a scouser living in Coventry but I'm home a couple of times a month...

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
I'm from liverpool just outside the city, Get to the manc meets if you can though there are loads of people around there. Not been to one yet but met a few of the people at Glasto and they're well nice!!!!!

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Come over to the Manchester meet thead guys and meet the others!

Theres a nice park at the end of the curry mile awaiting you to spin beside the water [Old link]

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I was actually living in Manchester until a couple of weeks ago! I still dream of the Kobedur from The Caspian Sea. Think I better practice hard for the next meet!

greenlizard0BRONZE Member
22 posts

Posted:
haha, I didn't realise there was this bored..*coughs*

I'm in uni at Liverpool and i'd love to meet up with peeps!

Email me if anything happens and i'll come down if i'm not drinking. greenlizard0 at hotmail dot comme.
EDITED_BY: greenlizard0 (1124078501)

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Ok so i'm starting to think that Liverpool is finally catching up with the rest of the world and that we should arrange a mini meet sometime in the near future

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Yay! if its a weekend let me know! I'll be the one with the poi!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol we will all be the ones with poi, a mini liverpool meet would be cool, maybie in september sometime

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Come to Manc on the 27th!!!

Pwease?

Then you can talk to the manc people about coming to Liverpool to make your meet bigger, do you have a venue sorted close to say Lime street(Access for out of towners?)

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Mill, it wouldn't be that close to Lime street but i'll look for a few suitable places depending on how many people would come. Unfortunatly its a bit difficult to escape the lacoste wearing scalls who go out simply to start a kick off.

Can't do the 27th myself its my 21st so got plans, the next meet i'll defo come (although i think i've said that for the last three)

ANyone think of a place to spin near town? my only thoughts for a big space is Sefton park bit awkward for those travelling though.

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
isn't there a paved area across the road from the LJMU halls? right around the corner from lime street near all the steps

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
One of the parks would have the best space... with the least scalls... I wouldnt mind picking people up from limestreet st.

everywhere else I can think of near town would be full of people... are scalls really going to hassle people madley waving chains and tennis balls around???????
... hmm forget I asked that.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Surly there are scally free places somewhere

szigetBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
just taken up poi in the summer and back in Liverpool at the start of september. If you want a park near the town but not in it praps the little area near liverpool uni sports centre?? It'll probably be quiet before the students are back and is 10min walk from lime street

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

I can judge from your comment that you've not been to town recently, there is an influx of them i swear that they multiply overnight.

sziget thats not a bad idea at all!

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Aryth

Written by: Brit_Joe

I can judge from your comment that you've not been to town recently, there is an influx of them i swear that they multiply overnight.

sziget thats not a bad idea at all!

This decade is truely the decade of the chav. Scalliness used to be confined to Liverpool until Labour came into power, and Rap became more mainstream.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Yay, I set up A Liverpool Thread but I only got a couple answers - good to know there are actually more peeps in that area of the country. Im not gonna be in Liverpool til Sept 16th tho, so til then: Happy Spinning!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
any liverpudlions who would like to come over to the manchester meets anytime, its about an hour train ride and less then a tenner..... i say this because im offering a place for the night if anyone wants to go to the meets smile
or at least till a liverpool one is set up

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hey Chris never knew this was your neck o the woods, cant believe its your Birthday dude

skal's Chav's are the reason I decided to never return to Liverpool, spinners are the reason I changed my mind the south has so much going on so we could all do with pulling our finger out!

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Written by: liquid_bubblegum

any liverpudlions who would like to come over to the manchester meets anytime, its about an hour train ride and less then a tenner..... i say this because im offering a place for the night if anyone wants to go to the meets smile
or at least till a liverpool one is set up

First time i've heard of anyone actually asking for a strange scouser to go and stay at their house, usually people have dogs, fences and alarms to keep us away!! ubblol

We defo need to keep up with the southeners like, its embarassing to be beaten by them wink

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
lol not exactly asking, but the offers there if needed, might as well let peeps know just in case at some point they need help smile
besides i know the whole scouse thing isnt real wink the accents just there to scare, all liverpudlions are softys really

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Just thought.......... I'm in Liverpool on Sunday from around 1 until about 8, going out with some mates for my birthday as its the Matthew Street festival, which for those who don't know is basically one hell of a big pub crawl with various bands playing through the city.

So to get to my point i'll be there and i will be taking some poi, consider this your official invite to come and find me for a drink and a spin.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Woohoo! I am going to the Tribal Gathering on the 27th so I will most probably be stopping by for the meet! See you all there hopefully!

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
I still think we need to set up a definite date in setemeber (say's the girl who won't be home till then).... How about Sat 24th... We could meet somewhere obvious in town then find a space to play from there!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
dont forget thats the last weekend of the BJC guys smile theres a lot of hoppers going to that

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Page: