Forums > Technical Discussion > Handle me... Oh.... Oh yeah.... Just like that

Login/Join to Participate

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:

I like to support home of poi just as much as anyone.

But if your on a budget heres a little tricky.

if you have a local leather shop, like a shop that not only sells leather but repairs and such things.
Take in a spare crappy synthetic handle and ask them to make you nice little leather ones.

i got my local leather shop guy to make me some leather handles and they are the softest sexiest things i have ever felt, and they only cost me a few dollars Australian.

If you want to switch form nylon handles to leather this should be a cost effective option. if you allready have poi you should allready have the mallions (stainless steel triangle thingy's) so you wont have to pay for them.

Before you call me a cheapass i bought more than $200 dollars of stuff from HoP in january so be nice

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I have a little tutorial on how to make leather finger loops on my homepage (check my profile). Every now and then I run down to the local leather shop and grab a handful of scrap leather which they usually give me for free.

Leather is by far the best material for finger loops. It doesn't burn and soft leather will not give you blisters from heavy use.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
and for the veggie/vegans out theres, just cut up some old thick denim or cord. The double thick bit bit round the belt line/crotch is pretty good, if you use loops of course smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

and for the veggie/vegans out theres, just cut up some old thick denim or cord. The double thick bit bit round the belt line/crotch is pretty good, if you use loops of course smile

Ahhgg... Vegans are evil.
Eating plants is murder, i live on a strict diet of only meat and dairy products. it makes me sick to my stomach when i hear about people eating Vegetables and fruit and legumes. biggrin

P.s. for people withought a clue, i am kidding, i eat a very balanced diet

forever we dance
we dance under starlight

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well you're part ocelot, if you didn't eat a balanced diet your fur wouldnt be shiney and silkey smooth....

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Written by: Havokist

well you're part ocelot, if you didn't eat a balanced diet your fur wouldnt be shiney and silkey smooth....

Oh its sooo true.
People some times call me "love cat" which is just sweet cause i love The Cure

forever we dance
we dance under starlight