Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > chocfest juggling convention, york, uk, 22/1/5

Login/Join to Participate

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
https://www.chocfest.net/

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I can't get that link to come up Dave..... Arggggggggh and it has something to do with chocolate....

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Don't know why it's not coming up for you.

There's not actually that much on the page so I've copied and pasted it for you (below).

I've been to Chocfest before and it's a good day- big indoor space, loads of jugglers etc, a good show, and chocolate.

I'm sure they'd appreciate offers of running workshops etc, though it's not too clear what their contact e-mail is.

======================

Chocfest X
The UK's favourite one-day juggling convention†.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat January 22nd, 2005

Time: 10am though to 10pm ish

Cost: £6 (probably) with discounts for CCCC competitors (maybe).

This year is Chocfest's tenth birthday so it is going to be bigger and better than ever. Not only have we got a first class venue but it is also an excuse to make, bring and eat even more chocolate cakes than usual. Interested? Look out for more info about the Chocfest Chocolate Cake Challenge.

The big birthday bash will include a full day of activities climaxing in the Chocfest Show, a chance to see exciting acts from local performers to world-class international juggling talent. Nothing is set yet but we are trying to get the biggest best show we have ever had - we expect it to cost us !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more info to follow ...

info @ chocfest ⋅net

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oooooooo thank you. Hmmmm now how do I get to this feast of chocolate? ubbcrying I have a feeling I'll have to miss it.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Myself and KiwiBex ubblove should be there. I have no idea where York is tho, i reckon it's up north somewhere near the Sheffield area??

Might do some kind of juggling workshop, if i can think of anything that is smile

I've heard very good things about this convention, and i hear the show should be fantastic - Magic Matt went a couple of years ago and was raving about it all last year!
juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
Its near leeds where you were yesterday. I should be going along with lemonkey and LTC.
Hexagonic are you able to teach me 4 clubs when/if you go to york? I met you at leeds but i was the shy one with LTC. I saw you were uber good. I have only just started juggling so go easy on me lol.
Hope to see you at york though.
https://www.dave-ford.co.uk/Image_Map.htm
Theres a link so you can see where york is lol.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nucleopoi

Its near leeds where you were yesterday. I should be going along with lemonkey and LTC.
Hexagonic are you able to teach me 4 clubs when/if you go to york? I met you at leeds but i was the shy one with LTC. I saw you were uber good. I have only just started juggling so go easy on me lol.
Hope to see you at york though.
https://www.dave-ford.co.uk/Image_Map.htm
Theres a link so you can see where york is lol.

Running before you can walk.

Were you not struggling with 4 balls yesterday, and now you want to learn 4 clubs?

Willy - is bad for your health...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Not sure if anyone else has actually realised yet, but that date is the one for last January. This coming Chocfest will be Chocfest 11.

Edit: I just noticed that this thread was started last January... redface

I was speaking to some people about it yesterday, and nothing has yet been finalised for this coming january. Although, in the past, they have always had it on the third weekend in January, and it's been the first convention of the year. however, this time they are having difficulty finding a venue, but I was told that they are searching hard for one...

I went to chocfest X, and I can certainly vouch for it's brilliance. The show last year was awesome, and I met loads of amazing people there.
EDITED_BY: Long_Time_Coming (1132495041)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
Shee I just took a look at this Chocfest. I cant believe what ive been missing. Chocolate Cake! Its Chocolate Cake! I am so there just to enter the chocolate competition. My mum makes the best chocolate cake! But i dont juggle well not like properly i staff spin. Am i still aloud to come.

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

1,019 posts

Posted:
Access denied for poi artists, and staffers.

Just kidding.

Last night at Leeds there was a contact staff performance in the evening show. Staff and poi are all welcome.

(although, poi seems to be ridiculed)

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
its all about the willingness to learn and that by january il be good at 4 balls and will be wanting to learn 4 clubs. Just because you can do it doesnt mean you have to be so patronising to others.

181 posts

Posted:
Well I've been wanting to learn how to juggle much more. And some decent juggling balls are on my christmas list.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
good good. Everyone should get some juggling balls for xmas. biggrin

I only really started juggling 2 weeks ago so considering i think im doing well.

Are you coming to york?

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nucleopoi

its all about the willingness to learn and that by january il be good at 4 balls and will be wanting to learn 4 clubs. Just because you can do it doesnt mean you have to be so patronising to others.

Patronising what the [censored]? It's clear you're rushing it. You dn't realise how much harder 4 clubs is than four balls, or three clubs.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
I know its hard and that i probably wont get that good so soon but its always nice to aim high and set goals for yourself. Encouragement is also good rather than a comment like that.
You had a bad day or something?!

181 posts

Posted:
Well, ill give you encouragement. Go for Gold!!!!!! You can do it!!! But yeh clubs are hard i tried them. I find just throwing 2 hard. Getting the spin right. But 4 balls. Thats like throwing 2 balls isnt it. Except your doing both hands. So maybe if your really good at two balls, on both left and right hand.Then maybe you can do. I Believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S I know utter nothing about juggling. Whats a club?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
*smiles* @ Harry_Potter

Calm and peace people, Nucleopoi and Lemonkey, can we please just say that Nucleopoi will aim to do 4 clubs by Chocfest, and if she can't she'll buy Lemonkey a drink. If she can, then Lemonkey buys her a drink.

That's a nice peaceful way to work out whether anyone will be able to do something or not... it's what I propose to my friends...

Anyway, I'm resident at York Uni, so I'll check the details and see what I'm doing. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. I assume you're coming OWD, considering you're the poster?

Harry_Potter: Just type in "Juggling Clubs" into Google wink

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

Anyway, I'm resident at York Uni, so I'll check the details and see what I'm doing. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. I assume you're coming OWD, considering you're the poster?

I'll just point out the date of the convention I was posting about was-

chocfest juggling convention, york, uk, 22/1/5 : YORK, UK, 22/1/2005

ie it's been and gone smile

this thread has been bumped back into life and could well cause confusion for people who are going to assume it's happening in Jan of next year (it may well be, but is unlikely to be on the same date).

I suggest we let this thread sink back into obscurity and, when someone finds the date and details of the next Chocfest, they start a new thread?

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Start a new thread!!!? eek

Shouldnt someone do a search next time for this thread so we dont clog up the board with duplicate posts wink

ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Dave as you started this thread way back when why don't you just amend the title date to TBC (to be confirmed). Then change the first post to something along the lines of "The 2005 chocfest juggling convention was fun and soon we will be able to advise you of the date of the 2006 event. Keep an eye on this thread."

That way there is no need for a new thread and no confusion on dates.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Exactly my pilot.
erm.. point.

That is what should have been done for the falmouth threads...
or.. if it just gets deleted and a new one starts?

umm

Bananas? ubbcrying

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Jon, have you lost the plot or has something bad happened to the banana industry?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
plot? confused
I ddint know there ever was one for me to stick to...