Forums > Help! > Got everything but still can't make vid work

Login/Join to Participate

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
OK, I'm getting irate now.. just came back from kung fu with bruises all over from conditioning, and I can't post my vid and I don't know why!!!
I have:
a) a spymac account i.e webspace
b)an ftp program I have used to upload the video i.e CuteFtp
c)I can see the file with CuteFtp but cannot access it via the internet. I compressed it reduce it to a mere 49megs with winzip.
But seemingly this is not in existence. What am I doing wrong? should I just post the .mov file? why can I see the file with the ftp programme and yet not access it normally? WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?!? confused2 mad2

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
i use spymac. So do afew others. U need the secret BIG RED TICK to be able to use ur account, its usless to do anything till u got the tick...im just assuming u didnt get it cause my account is still working fine.

Read what i posted [Old link] It may help, but getting the tick is real tricky. Im not sure Rev even believes that there is such a tick ubblol cause he was trying for days and eventually gave up. Even after he sent his videos there he couldn't see them either.

If u really cant get it, PM Klaymen. He's a1337 and he got me onto spymac.

Also cause its free, spymac goes down quite alot, like u can get the videos and next hr u cant, and an hr later u can again...its just the way it is ubbloco Beggers cant be.... wink

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Written by: LazyAngel

I compressed it reduce it to a mere 49megs with winzip.

eek A mere 49megs?! Mate, that's huge for a download video...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Dragon7> so which questions do you need to answer, is it like all the competitions and that, or is something else I don't know about this site?

Durbs> sorry couldn't find a graemlin for heavy sarcasm, i was feeling a little wry anyway.;) if you know of a way to massively reduce the size of QT files i'd be grateful if you could tell me.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Klaymen told me to answer everything when u sign up, up the top right hand corner is a lil hidden button "options" i think, click and fill it all out, but i dont know if that would work now u already sent ur stuff to ur account. To use the 100meg u HAVE to activate ur account.

I'll have a look and get back...

Klaymen180 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dragon7

Klaymen told me to answer everything when u sign up, up the top right hand corner is a lil hidden button "options" i think, click and fill it all out, but i dont know if that would work now u already sent ur stuff to ur account. To use the 100meg u HAVE to activate ur account.

I'll have a look and get back...

It's true I said this. Spymac is just.. ERGH. Very user unfriendly, fill in all the personal details and stuff after clicking options top right. After this some things will get red ticks. Tell me if you see these ticks. You can also PM me or add me to msn krusty_klaymen@hotmail.com . Spymac is just frustrating is all :P.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
managed to compress the video and post it anyway on seperate hosting, but still can't get the third tick on hosting support on spymac but I think I filled it all in!

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
thats cuz the hosting support if for the pay for web sapce. i think

i cant get my spy mac to work frown help any one??

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Trying to get spymac to work is the most stressful thing ever. Im seriosly thinking of giving up. Either could someone whos done it before set one up for me or let me use abut 27mb of there account for a while.

Otherwise death is the only logical answer smile

fire leads to creation