Forums > Social Chat > whats in a name/avatar

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
should i just drop the (formerly... ) bit.... i only really know 2 or 3 of you, so is it ok if my name changes?

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
im called rossco bossco because my name is ross and loads of people call me rossco and loads of other people call me bossco plus any other variation they can think of at the time.

so with me being an unimaginative git, went for the highly original name of rossco bossco.

As for the avatar..... Thundercats rock! biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

bpftilldeathnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Well is seems that everyone has rad as explanations for thier names and avatars.
Mine is my bands name, blackpicketfence, but shortened down, bpf.
and I dunno, bpftilldeath kinda has a ring to it dunnit!
And my avatar is from AFI... I like angels, and its kinda cool as well biggrin

...I scream without a sound...

bpftilldeathnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
seems my avatar isnt working dammit

bpftilldeathnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
hey! its working now... I'll stop talking now :S

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
2 whole pages off the original topic... this has got to be a record

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
that's because topics evolve wink

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

FruleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

Written by: Fräulein

hendiadys.... smile

great word!

although personally i think 'fee fairy' is more an example of anthimeria...

smile

ubbidea Yeah, guess your right... wink Have never heard of that before but that's more what it is...

"I see," said the blind man.

fee fairynewbie
34 posts

Posted:
cool. Tankoo
fairy fairy...that's great! i never knew that before, i chose fee because of my name.

jigglybumballetboinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
I choses me name cos I is a darnsar, innit ubbloco

Have used the name elsewhere on the 'net before. And I guess the jigglybum bit could refer to my infallible impression of beyonce hehe

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy
~ Jack Nicholson

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
teehee

my name, altho not v feminine apparently, came cos i used it a lot on previous sites etc. that came from this small statue of a griffin my dad gave to my mum years ago

the butterfly is an A2 pic, pastels, by my brother. i watercoloured it on me comp, et viola. its at the foot of my bed and surronded by similar piccies and butterflies.... ubblove

in state of metamorphosis

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
fine_rabid_dog was just a hotmail suggestion as the username ilikedebooty was already taken, and so it stuck. The avatar? which one?

my first one tried to fit with the name and sucked.
the second just because and the sepiroth one cos i liked ff7 but it was taken by VT so i had to change it!

the most recent one I just saw on www.avatarity.com and thought ohhhh! nice!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
Wouac well i was walking down the road one day reading kerouac when i tripped And fell in a big steaming pile of refuse left by a neighbouring dog thinking nothing of it at the time i went home and cleaned my self up when a couple of aliens beamed the name wouac into my head wherupon I decided i like potatoes and that just evolved into poi-tato with the help of my brother beerchug

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Skulduggery.....well All summer I have been avoiding sun stroke with a scull and crossbones head scalf tied around my head and I always fancied being a pirate when I was a kid. I suppose its the Welsh blood (most of the infamous female pirates of old I read about were Welsh). No I don't only have one eye/leg or own a parrot.

The Avatar is just a doodle. His name is of course Skully. I seem to doodle him a lot.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Mine name is cuz it was my email I just logged out of when I first came here and the avater I stole cuz it had a splitty on it

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Well my name is Mark Strugnell - there are too many Marks in the world and from my early early days my freinds have called me Strugz - Strugy - Wank*&R (no wait he wasnt my friend) rolleyes

Its a name thats kinda stuck, as for the avatar, not liking at the mo, tiz not really me, my eyes look far worse wink - im working on a real sweeeet one which i should have done over the weekend biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Shifty Twinnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
my name 'Shifty Twin' comes from my tag which i've had since i was 10 (i think) and we discovered about a year ago that it looks kinda like the 'Shifty' skate logo (same shape) so... we dubd my tag the 'Shifty Twin' biggrin

smile, life is grand

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
As I've just read everyone else's, I'll add mine.

Having such a friendly sister when I was a kid I was often referred to as smelly, poo head, grotbox, snotbag, etc etc.
Grotbox just popped into my head when I was making an email address, after finding out all my first choices were taken.

And yeh, it's stuck. Like glue. Yummeh.

Avatar is just cool. Makes me grin whenever I look at it....

smells like burning teenagers..

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
my name refers to the Long Beach Dub Allstars, a band which features the surviving members of Sublime who were at the time i joined up my favourite group of all time. every one thinks it refers to double staff though, but now i've actually got some i guess it could...

as for the avatar, this little monster is an animation i made with my digi camera just cos it was the easiest thing to animate. someone gave it to me a while ago although i can't remember who. it's spent the last year living in a plant pot and is going back there eventually. i'll probably change it next week anyway.... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Shifty Twinnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
my avatar is from FFVII (final fantasy 7) cuz i think the game kicks ass so i typed it in a hey presto up poped this one of REDXIII one of the characters so i just chose it simple and boring i know but it works.....
what do you all think

smile, life is grand

Rainbow BrightSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
My name comes from my hair colour(s) I used to be called The Devils Daughter when I had bright red hair,but then I started braiding it,and then wrapping it in lots of brightly coloured wool that glows like mad under uv light,so then my mates started calling me Rainbow bright.But when I went onto the rainbow brite website to find a pic for my avatar,I was quite surprised to find that shes got blonde hair,but shes so cute, I kept it anyway!

More colourful than a box of crayons!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ooh this is an interesting thread. Wonder how i missed it before...

erm I've explained my name about a thousand times. But my avatar is a drawing that i did. It's meant to be ironic. cause it's of an artist painting.

So it's me drawing an artist who is, in turn, drawing/painting something.

Not very ironic i know but i'm not all that clever....

Meh

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
dont know if ive posted here or not ??? (supose i could just scroll back and check !?!!?) naa , too lazy !

anyways my name is pretty cool , its an acronum and my avatar is wicked cool , it's a flaming iris , i have no idea where or how i got it , but its just awesome wink i love it!

cheers thanks

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
*Bandwagon hopping*

Well this isn't particularly orginial but my name is Dominic

The avatar is from Max from Sam & Max : Freelance Police, a very cool, very funny comic/cartoon/game that just seems to have vanished into the ether. There was going to be a sequel but Lucas Arts (the publishers) decided to cancel it as it was nearing completion and go with a surefire-easyhit-generic-yet-another-spinoff-StarWars game intead.

As I had been waiting for this game for nearly a year I was slightly cheesed off but that.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
*could have sworn I already posted here but apparently not*

my name... means 'no' in french which is why i have my avatar which is of a load of garden chairs arranged in the word NON, I do not really know why, i guess it's some sort of Parisian protest against garden chairs...

although in fact NOn is just the last bit of my real name which is Rhiannon - so it's a bit cryptic but in the end, not very original either... the odd arrangement of capital letters was a typo i acquired a few years back.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Luminous SoulsGOLD Member
36 posts

Posted:
my sister came up with my name actualy... it's cause i'm vegan and stuff. my avitor is a picture of me. smile

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
my name is elvish for "not normal". i am a tolkien freak so hence the elvish and the not normal bit is fairly self-explanitary ubbloco

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
My hair was set on fire not long ago by a drinken staff spinning incodent...My picture is of me raving with my glowballs at readingfestival 2003.

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Domino

The avatar is from Max from Sam & Max : Freelance Police, a very cool, very funny comic/cartoon/game that just seems to have vanished into the ether.

I remember that game - you're right, well cool and great graghics. Did you ever find the followup?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
who doesnt love to see a dog with a giant machine gun?

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
thats a dog???

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

Page: