Page:
Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
ubblol Ohh my you do have an interesting opinoin of Americans. :loll: Perhaps we both have had a decent ammount of missunderstanding between eachother.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
id just like to point out the humour value of using a bruce willis movie as a reference to the real world....

but anyway, some interesting points from all partys - but ill stick with lightning on this one - both sides are just as bad.

right, ill take my fence sitting arse out of here before i get mauled.

be cool guys cool

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Notice I specified survivalist americans. Not all americans.

You disagree there is a small minority of americans, many of whom live in arizona or new mexico who have huge stockpiles of weapons, walk about in military fatigues, spend all their time training in military tactics and skills and quite often are really paranoid about one thing or another? They exist, and they are more then a little disturbing. Thankfully they exist in such small numbers they only pose as much of a risk to america as muslim terrorists pose to america.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
Robotface, I knew exactly what you ment, I still thougth it absolutly funny. It just brought so many undescribable immages that just made me laugh so hard. Just don't take what I said seriously, it is really shouldnt have been said as it had no real bearing on the convorsation at hand. I just felt I had to express how much it made me laugh.

Dentrassi, Bruce Willis movies so relate to the real world. C'mon, you know darn well that everything in hollywood can happen at some point in time tongue

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
well im sorry for missing your (two jokes) although in my defense the bruce willis one was above my head since ive never seen the movie.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
Yeah, if you had seen it, it would have been a lot better of an example. No worries smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Personally, I prefer The Fifth Element as my guide for reality. ubblol

(Off topic? Who? Me? Never! wink )

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Hobbitboymember
33 posts

Posted:
I thinks its the giant space ducks which really make that movie for me.......... biggrin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, the NYTimes has just come out with an editorial harshly criticising Sharon for his handling of all of this.

It's no wonder he and Bush get along so well.

-Mike

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
bush is probably singing 'My Sharona' to himself at this very minute.... biggrin

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
spanner what are you accomplishing by makeing multiple posts about the incident? jeez, it was a mistake and it's over with, why don't you go make a new thread about it so this thread can be free of your complaining.

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Heh. I was discussing the issue, and I said piss off once and you think the thread is ruined?

Amuseing.

So what are you accomplishing by closeing it? The thread progressed normally after the incident and theres possibility for further discussion. But it's your thread, ruin it if you want.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, how about everyone calms down, apologizes to each-other, snogs for a little bit, and then we move on? cool

-Mike

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
why should I appologize for ruining a thread which I didn't ruin?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*Kissing robotface passionately*

There, take that as an apology.

Say, I might get to like this new policy! biggrin

Seriously, we're all friends here, so let's act like it, Hmm? Just as in the Israeli side, there is nobody who is completely right and nobody who is completely wrong.

Except for Burz. He's always wrong. ubblol wink

-Mike

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Quote:

All I have done is to ask for members to be civil, and thanking Dentrassi for keeping it so. Maybe it's not an ideal thread to be light-hearted in, but it's certainly not a place to insult others

i know....my apologies - it was such a funny thought that i couldnt resist. but as lightning said, lets all pash robotface, and move on.

i found this very interesting. read the article below.
source:
https://smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/16/1084646073864.html

Quote:

Israelis mass to demand Gaza withdrawal
By Ed O'Loughlin, Herald Correspondent in Tel Aviv
May 17, 2004

Pressure is mounting for an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza following a peace demonstration at the weekend that brought more than 100,000 people to Rabin Square in Tel Aviv.

As Israeli helicopters attacked fresh targets in Gaza City, the biggest Israeli peace demonstration in nine years was held under the banner "Get out of Gaza, start talking".

Following a minute's silence to commemorate 13 troops killed in Gaza last week, the opposition leader, Shimon Peres, told the crowd: "This is a protest of the majority. Eighty per cent of our people want peace. One per cent are trying to block it."

The demonstration was organised by left-wing groups to protest against the defeat of the unilateral Gaza disengagement plan of the Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, in a referendum of his own right-wing Likud party.

Rabin Square, where the former prime minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a right-wing Israeli in 1995, was a sea of balloons, banners and placards.

Some analysts believe the Gaza issue could revive the fortunes of the Israeli left-wing and peace camps, battered by 3 years of struggle with the Palestinians.

Tova Meryn Zartz, a Sydney woman who emigrated to Israel in 1967, drove from Jerusalem to attend. "I'm here to feel that I'm at least doing something minimal to show that I'm very distressed about the situation, so that the world will know that not only the right wing represents Israel," she said.

"Negotiations are necessary to get us out of this stalemate. Not doing anything, just relying on the status quo, seeking physical solutions - it's not getting us anywhere."

The events of last week in Gaza, in which 13 Israeli soldiers and at least 32 Palestinian fighters and civilians were killed, boosted the crowd. Scores more Palestinians were wounded in clashes and there was massive destruction to Palestinian homes, businesses, vehicles, farmland and infrastructure.

The relatively heavy Israeli losses are doubly sensitive in light of Mr Sharon's new push to withdraw troops and 7500 Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip.

Over the weekend the Israeli Army responded to the deaths of its troops with plans to demolish dozens more Palestinian homes in Rafah to widen Israel's clear-fire zone along Gaza's border with Egypt.

The United Nations refugee agency, UNWRA, says that 88 buildings have already been destroyed in recent days, making 1000 people homeless. At least 11,000 people in Rafah have lost homes and belongings to no-warning night-time demolitions since the uprising began.

The decision to accelerate the campaign follows the deaths of five soldiers when a rocket-propelled grenade struck their armoured vehicle on Wednesday. Two more soldiers died on Friday in a follow-up operation to demolish houses.

Over the weekend Israeli helicopters tried to kill a leader of the Islamic Jihad group in Gaza City and destroyed offices belonging to a Palestinian charity and a newspaper linked to the militant group Hamas.

In Jordan, the US Secretary of State, Colin Powell, told a news conference yesterday:

"We know that Israel has a right for self-defence but the kind of action they are taking in Rafah with the destruction of Palestinian homes, we oppose."

On Saturday he met the Palestinian Prime Minister, Ahmed Qurie, and King Abdullah of Jordan at an economic summit, where he

acknowledged that the US endorsement of Mr Sharon's unilateral disengagement plan had been "controversial" but said it had also been a "bold decision" aimed at reviving the near moribund "road map" plan for moves towards peace.

Mr Qurie called for a ceasefire with Israel, to be followed by negotiations

Page: