thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
i want to move this summer after i get my EMT-1 Cert... (which i'm definatly gonna get, holding a 95% average in the class, booyeah weavesmiley )

so, i'm thinking a few places, and would like to get some feedback if anybody lives there and could tell me about them.

the list so far:
1. Atlanta, Ga.
Pro: my grandmother lives there Con: she's not very pleasant
Pro: lots of action as an EMT Con: a wee bit on the violent side
Pro: it's far away Con: it's far from the bank of Mom & Dad

2. Valdosta, Ga.
Pro: raised there until i was 13, family has friends there i could stay with Con: not as much action as atlanta

3. Vancouver, Canadia
Pro: it's canadia, there aren't any serial killers Con: nevermind, just saw Taking Lives

4. Reno, Nv.
Pro: controlled burn Con: remsa dosen't hire EMT-1s
Pro: burning man Con: parents are still too close to let me go to it anyway.

any suggestions?

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
One thing if you to go to Vancouver I would do is to check if your EMT certification is accepted there. I have a friend who is a paramedic, but she can't work in any province except NS unless she passes a 500$ exam for the province she wants to go to. I think that may have changed over here since she graduated... but I have no idea what's going on where you live and in Vancouver. Check into it though. Good luck and happy moving to ya! beerchug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
How about a world tour? Then you wouldn't have to settle in one place, your folks couldn't complain really and you'd learn loads of new things about the world.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I've never lived in Altanta, but I've spent a number of weeks working there. From what I saw and heard from people who lived there it's not the most exciting of cities. Has the highest ratio of strip clubs/s3x shops or something similar. And a lot of badly designed convention centres and shopping malls.

I say aim for Vancouver, I hear a lot of great things about it.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
Go north, like NW PA or something like that. Enough action to satisfy your craving for helping the injured and peaceful enough not to have to worry about too many freeks.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
out of that list, Vancouver is the hands down winner by FAR.

of course being a US citizen trying to get a job in Canada can be very challenging.

So you are an EMT and your parents still won't let you go to Burningman?
confused

I think it is about time to tell them to quit micromanaging your life and start living their own again.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
sure, you tell em that ;]

oh well, immigrating to canadia is too hard for me.. i need 6 months worth of cash saved up before i can go there... the starving student fund needs the cash more than the move to vancouver fund ;] ubbrollsmile

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.