Forums > Social Chat > Complete change of life

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
sooooooo.....

I still cannot quite beleive it .... but I DID IT...
yesterday was my final exams , i am now almost officially a Massage therapist ...
So what ???? .you might ask ... well... Had someone told me that 3 years ago i would have laughed my ass off...

3 years ago I was PR Manager in the pharmaceutical industry ... kinda happy working corporate girl, kinda... but not quite ... Poi got into my life and along came quite a few amazing and inspiring people peace. And I thought travelling would be good, take a year off and then go back to work... i have always wanted to travel around the world ....
I saved money working like a dog but I did it ...

First exotic stop : guatemala where i worked as a clown ... that alone was enough to know there is no way i am coming back to sit in an office...
Little by little i learnt to listen to my heart with help and inspiration of my friends and decided one year later to become a massage therapist ... and so i did it... and today I just finished the intensive course here in Melbourne and my head is spinning , my heart is dancing and i am grinning...

so what is this thread ?

another one that says : look at what poi did to me wink because Hop and poi did play a big role ::looks at her own beloved roommate Flynt, boyfriend and closest friends ... they all have screenames :: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK wink)

I just know that some of you are happy with their choices and their lives and I am so happy for you... But I know I was not completely and am quite proud that i did not wait until i am 60 that taht some of you are in the same situation an d thought you might want to share as well (josh ? Katinca ? kat ? Drome ?...) because who knows ... this might make some of you think a bit ... and maybe even be inspired ????? biggrin

spreading my wings smiling at the world I am truely hoping everyone experiences that amazing feeling that what you are doing is rigt , no matter what it is ubblove

Shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Congrats!!!! wave hug wave hug

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
congratulations cass! i wish i had the courage you did smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

4,224 posts

Posted:
hmmm maybe this is actually my point ...
i kinda do nto really think it is a matter of courage ... it is not as hard as people seem to

I first made a list of why i should change things and why i should not ... you know ? honest pros and cons ...
and I would check it out every once in a while and "review it ... until really honestly i did not manage to have a real excuse on the scale in the "cons" plate... (keeping in mind of course that i do not have children and no major credit on my back which definitely helps... but then again , nothing is impossible...

I do not think travelling is the answer for everyone... I a sure NYC would agree wink But i just guess i wanted to talk with you guys about ... being truthfull to your heart whatever it is that it whispers to you

And never mind if you think it makes me sound like some naive tree hugging hippie wink peace

what do you think ?

shine on
cass

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i suppose it's not entirely about courage for me. because i know i'd love to travel and all that. it's not exactly simple for me to pick up and leave my life behind for awhile, now that i have a huge debt and a career beginning. i guess there are some times when i wish i had taken advantage when i was younger, rather than going straight through. but at the same time, i'm incredibly proud of myself for being where i am now. it's a tough choice to figure out which road to go down when you know they both have amazing journeys and amazing endpoints.

i guess i'd be more accurate in saying, i envy you somewhat. and somewhat i'm quite content with where i am. smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
well done and congratulations hug hug hug

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pounce, i agree... choices always imply the : "hmmm what if "... kind of feeling but we do not have to feel trapped in it smile
i do not know your path and choices but i am happy if what you do inspires you...

it took me 28 years to say i am proud of myself , regardless of what people think or say ... tis quite a lovely feeling i agree with you ... good on ya girl wink

Narr , Patrick thank you hug

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
cass you are truely an inspirational person hug i agree totally with all that you have said and it has only made me more adiment to get to were i wanna be in the world. i have always been true to what i feel inside..for example change my studies 3 yr\ears in a row.. i just felt i wasnt getting what i wanted from the courses and there was something else in me that needed to be fed ... and now im loking to get into a career that is vaguely to do with anything i have studied. but its something that fills me with joy and the work i produce makes me proud ... now i just gatta start getting paid for it ubblol wink

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Well done Cassandra. hug hug hug

Very VERY proud of what you have done for yourself and your willingness to share it with us all.

Poi has a profound effect on many of us. I have met some very lovely people through poi, and HoP, including Eleanor who at this moment is sitting near me.

hug hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Hey Cass i hear ya loud and clear... Now that i have lived over seas i dont think i can ever go to a regular office job.. My plan is to stay here for another year or two until my student loans are paid then im hittin the road.. I think Ill just drift around the world for a while and see what happens.. maybe join a fire troop whatever.. We're here for a short time. Make the best of it I say. peace

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hug Well done, lil'un.

& remember "I need some bread... for my bread gun!!!"

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Quote:

hmmm maybe this is actually my point ...
i kinda do nto really think it is a matter of courage ... it is not as hard as people seem to

Well hold on a sec. Changing damn near everything about your life (and your self - they often go together) takes a bucket full of courage. This doesn't that people who don't make major life changes are wimps - not at all. Courage comes out in different ways. (I'm kinda afraid of roaches.) Anyway. Don't sell it short - that's all I'm saying.

Good on ya Ladypie! Life changes are sexy.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i dont think i could ever have an office job, i just dont think i'm cut out for it. i'd get antsy or something my ambition has been for a long time to become an actress and in the process travel around the world too whether on vacation or sets for a movie. ah! i would love it! i'm working on it but it's hard but who knows maybe you'll see me in the movies one day! what else would i want to do besides that? certainly nothing that other people see as a back up or stable job cuz if i didn't act then i would have to be a photographer and still travel the world! maybe poi can help me get a job wink

hug,
Christina

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Well I'm going to be leaving my job this year to go travelling.

I started working as a computer programmer straight after school when I was 18 and at this stage I've been in the same financial institution for over 5 years eek

I'm really not into my job and it's been showing in the effort I've put into it. Funny thing is I got the job I thought I wanted as a kid, but why on earth I wanted to do this, I can't understand rolleyes ubblol .

I remember my parents suggesting it was where 'the money is going to be' a few years ago though. Why they didn't encourage me to dream to be a rock star or something wink

I'm hopefull that this time to myself will inspire me to find my calling whatever it may be. I'm looking forward to doing as little as possible for as long as possible anyway smile

It's funny the talk of courage though because I remember saying the same thing to you about courage about a year ago.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey my little princess,
It does constantly amaze me how much you've changed. The image of you through the glass two years ago is one of my favorites. PR director with a long beautiful black coat, smart glasses, tightly quaffed hair, high class shoes.... Not quite the Thai pants and T-shirts the rest of the world knows you as. smile

I think the spirit you've tapped into now has always been within you. Be it from the energy you get from your grandmother, or the fruition of an overly mature, worldly teenager.

I do think that all of the phases that you've gone through are true. I hope you still find ways to pay homage to all of them. They are all beautiful.

I'm so proud that you've gone so far. I'm proud that you challenged yourself. I'm proud that you believed in yourself. I'm proud that you relied on your capable mind AND your beautiful heart... and neither let you down.

Congratulations on your recent successes and accomplishments. May the world give you all the rewards you deserve.

Love you buddy,
Shine On...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
smile smile smile

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I'm happy you're happy biggrin

I'm still suffering my "what if's".. I just made my first really important decision... what to do after A Levels, I decided Uni wasn't for me, well not yet at least. At the moment I'm looking into a job with the opportunity to get cheap holidays... If that doesn't work I think my friend and I are going to hop to wherever we can get to and then hop around some more... I mean hop the action not Home Of Poi hehe.

I'd love to be able to skip around the world and miss as much of winter as possible and follow spring around, I just love the smell.

I'm happy knowing that listening to the whisperings of me and not just going with the flow could work out for the best Thank you ubbrollsmile

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
As a person that gives of herself so much, rightly you recieve!
The humility you display on this thread obscures the gravity of wisdom of your path. The grooviest new messager-rer on da planet!
have an unforgettable reunion over there and don't forget to eat some vitamin B enriched yeast spreads!

Mr B.
ps it's good on toast too y'know!! ubblove

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

certifiedloonSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
Cassandra I definately agree, I just decided to come to NZ before uni, right about the same time as I started poi - best decisions I ever made. Don't think anyone should be afraid to follow their heart

peace and ubblove

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
"long beautiful black coat, smart glasses, tightly quaffed hair, high class shoes" ubblol I remember too, when we first met on a cold December day.

hug to you beautiful princess. I'll send you an email soon. I'm sure you want the gossip wink

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
hehe Cass mate! Gimme some Fin!

I think thats the secret of life, that you really are only as limited as you think you are.

go travelling everyone! its good for what ails ya!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
Quote:

you really are only as limited as you think you are.

go travelling everyone! its good for what ails ya!

here here ubbrollsmile Travelling is definately the best thing I ever did....and it sets the mind in motion. You really can be wherever you want to be (might involve a bit of hard work along the way, but it's worth it)

....lurks

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Nice one cassandra.
There are so many inspirational people on HoP, from those that make life changes to those that learn a new move and get inspired from that

yay inspiration and following your dreams
ubbrollsmile

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
hug

Your truely inspirational spirit

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
dang it! now I am going to have all sorts of fantasies about Cass in fetished-out buisiness wear doing some inappropriate ´public relations´work. Did you really have to do that to me NYC and Dom?

wink

and spank for myself before Cass orders another 50 people to spank me for her because I hijacked her thread.

I can say it has been the greatest of pleasures knowing Cass this past couple of years and having the honor of sharing thoughts with her.

hug hug hug hug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Cass Princess - congrats on completing your course - here's to a journey that you have travelled and the journey's to come beerchug Thank you for sharing your tale. hug

Quote:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Robert Frost

So here's my story - Before deciding to study Japanese at University I was offered a place on a course in Art and Design majoring in fashion at Uni Limerick. I always thought it was something I would get back into later in life and so a year ago I talked with the London College of Fashion who said I would be eligible to apply for their masters in fashion design starting in Sep 03. Also a friend had started to study psychology at Open University, and we talked about my perhaps going back to study also, so that we could open a practice together, changing our surnames so we could become Dr. Madd and Dr. Madder. biggrin

In the meantime I did a dressmaking class at a local college and reading up on the practical aspects of working in fashion. It completely turned my off the idea of opening my own business in fashion. However the college were also holding a series of other classes and I enrolled on an introductory class in Indian Head Massage and I was hooked. Last summer I investigated a host of different options before deciding to study an ITEC course in Holistic Massage, I sit my exams in June. This month I received confirmation that I have been accepted on a life coaching course at Newcastle college.

Unlike Cass, I have not given up the day job yet! I’m working towards my future the slow way, I miss my free time but its worth it.

Like Cass, I was doing working in PR and had been offered a position as a sports reporter before moving to London, bizarrely I now work for a Japanese Heavy Industry company where I now do sales and sales research. Its fine as jobs go, I do my job, its sometimes interesting, sometimes boring as hell, but I don’t love my work and there have been times when I regretted moving to London.

Since I decided to study complementary therapies though – all those regrets have flown out the window. I love what I’m studying, I feel it has opened a whole new window of opportunity for me and hopefully will enable me to fulfil a couple of my goals – have my own business and live in the country.

I still have some time off to go before those dreams can be made a reality but getting there is a lot of the fun.

Moving into massage etc is not for everyone. However if you are feeling dissatisfied with your life and restless then it really helps to sit down and look at the key areas in your life, personal, relationships, profession. Ask yourself are you really happy? Look at key areas you want to change, then look into a variety of options to make that change happen. Remember you control your life, a fairy godmother is not going to just wave a magic wand giving you your perfect life. Find out what your dreams are and make them come true yourself.
Quote:

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
tow roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
indeed finding a fulfilling job is not unlike finding a satisfying lover. (!)
both tend to leave me with carpet stains.

much love to your inspirations, be they people for carpet-shampoo! peace

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
Congradulations, Cass! I think that it's awesome that realise that you can change what you don't like if you want too...

I'm travelling too, backpacking throughout southeast asia, then through eurpoe, and I agree that though travelling isn't for everyone, it does help you to see other perspectives in other countries, and to realise that you may not know just how good you have it.

Good luck with the massage therapy! I hear it's more fun than a desk job... biggrin

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Cassandra,

Congrats on completing your course!

You are someone who has given so much light to others and speaking as one who has been touched by that glow, I would like to say that you truly deserve every happiness this world has to offer. hug

Travelling has changed so much in my life. Moving here to Paris was the best and toughest choices I ever made.
While I DO look forward to moving home to New York the past 11 years have done much in my development as a person and I know I will miss the City of Lights.

Raph

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Congratulations, Cass!

You are an inspiration, m'dear.
Much love and many warm hugs!!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok so i founf this thread in search, and its perfect for inspiration cass! hope everythings still good.

the reason im posting here? well i want a change, any change or an everything change.
ive done uni. my job is crap, which isnt a excuse in itself because im still looking incase i find something better.
i know some wicked peeps where i live, but it doesnt feel like its where i should be, nor does it feel like 'home'. ok, so in short i want change/get away, whether its traveling, moving etc but im stuck as to what to do and how. im open to all suggestions i just need ideas.

thats the best i can do at explaining here smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Page: