Forums > Social Chat > Anyone else having this problem?

Login/Join to Participate

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
When i visit a thread that has a new post and has the yellow folder beside it, i check it out read it, leave. It still stays yellow saying i didn't visit the thread already. Kinda bugging me making me read things i've already read. Anyone know what the problem could be, i've tried refreshing the page and closing my browser.

[ 04 April 2002, 14:54: Message edited by: phunky ]

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
I got the same thing happening, no ideas why tho.
Malcolm??

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Yeah, thats how it's supposed to be. Other bords all do this, when you check them out it'll tell you which threads have new posts since your last visit. Than when you leave, as in fully leave the boards and go to another site or get off the net, it resets. So they'll stay yellow as long as you're browsing these boards. It should be that if you go to other parts of this site, like the home page or videos or whatnot, that it will also "reset" and show you the new threads when you meander back onto the boards.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
When i posted here before all i had to do was push my back button and it would update automatically. Same with all the other messageboards i frequent. All i had to do is refresh the page or so. Well it's not a big deal or anything, maybe i have to restart my computer or something.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Ok, i think i found the way to rectify this. If anyone is having problems with the updating of topics, go to your profile and all you have to do is click the link that says "update new post indicators". Viola problem solved

*pats himself on the back*

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I found out how to do it by accident- hehe, silly me. go to "my profile", and hit the button that says "update post indicators". this does it during your session, so you don't have to log out or anything. sometimes even if you go away and come back they don't change.... so if they look kinda the same as last time, i'd check one, see if they are, and then if so.... go hit the button! have a lovely day everyone, and i'll try not to break anything malcom....btw... why does it log me out when i mess with my profile? or do you know?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol phunky, looks like i came too late:)that wasn't there when i started wirting my reply, i swear!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
sure sure

*looks at the time difference*

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted: