Forums > Social Chat > I need HELP on Fire Insurance

Login/Join to Participate

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
My Fellow Fire Spinners and I are trying to get a Fire Production together, and want to do stuff inside. However we are stuck with Insurance Problems~! frown The owners are iffy with having Fire in there Places. We have Shown them are safty policy, which includes two fire extiguishers and a dampining bucket, to through the poi into if there is a problem. (more info on safty will help too)We have a lot of Ravers who like to spin glow sticks at Raves, and we want to bring it to another level. Does anyone out there know how to get around the insurance part of things?

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
There was a discussion on this a little while ago. You might want to do a search for it, but in any case, I saved one bit of relevant info, which I will paste here:believe the insurance being referred to is Al Fellerman Insurance unfortunately the conversation just died. I did a search for and found the following info on Al Fellerman Insurance as well as a couple other places specializing in clown insurance. Al Fellerman InsuranceClowns of the U.S.7732 Cayenne Plaza WestWoodbury, MN 55125phone: 651-738-0280 fax: 651-501-2988 e-mail: alzie@uswest.net Hampson Mower Kreitz Agencyphone: 610-868-8507 fax: 610-868-7604 e-mail: tgoldsmith@hmk-ins.com

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
SkiChristian,Al Fellerman Insurance I think covers alot of us here. They charge $95 a year, from April 25th to April 25th, not retroactive.(meaning you sign on in May...it still only covers till April 25 of the following year.)Coverage is as follows from thisGeneral Aggregate Limit..$2,000,000Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit$2,000,000No Personal & Advertising coverageEach Occurance Limit $2,000,000Fire Damage Limit (any one fire)$300,000Medical Expense Limit (any one person)$10,000This has been planty for us to secure our jobs as well as to settle the Fire Department concerns. Let's face it $95 bucks a year for $2 mil in coverage isn't bad at all. It is on a per person thing though, it doesn't cover companies in full...so Prom, Apollo and I all had to file seperately..which is fine. There is also no advanced premium on this. They are licensed or whatever to provide insurance in all states they said. (looking over paper to see if I forgot anything). They also work in a timely fashion. I received all my paperwork back in a week so that I could send it right out to venues.BTW, many thanks to Jesse who pointed these people out to me. smileHope this helps you SkiChristian.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Thank you both sooo much! shocked It has been a big problem, and now will be solved! smile

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!