Forums > Social Chat > Broken New Years Resolutions??

Login/Join to Participate

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, there were two threads for new years resolutions but none for all those broken promises, so who's failed their new years resolutions already? Couldn't resist that chocolate cake, or one little cigarette perhaps?! Have already watched to much TV or drunk more than you shuold have?

Apart from one minor discrepency that I fully punished myself with 100 lashes I have kept them all and because of them have happenned to have taught myself a new poi move! smile How cool is that! *chuffed*

Let's relight this forum ubblove

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I didn't make any so I can't break any!!! Cheats way out

*Sits back with her fag in her mouth, bottle of vodka next to her, lots of cakes on a plate and so many remote controls and a tube to pee in*

I'm never moving again!!!!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
a tube to pee into! I knew there was something missing off my xmas list! I need a p1ss bag so I never have to move when I don't want to again and won't have to stop while I'm spinning to visit the gents!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Seeing as there's already 2 threads, I presume you don't want people coming into this threaed saying how great they are?

Thought so!! ubbtickled

I'm great by the way. wink

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I had three new years resolutions, all of which are more long-term than short-term.

1) Lose weight/get back into good shape.

I'm doing well so far, but it's only been a week. I've had just one minor slip-up a couple of nights ago when I went to bed feeling like I'd eaten a bit too much. However, even after this one week, I've been noticing when I am washing in the shower that my body seems to be getting a bit firmer already, so I'm obviously on the right track there.

2) Study more.

Well...um...I haven't done much studying yet. But I haven't had the time. The acid test will be to see if I can get through Chapters 1-5 of my book this weekend.

3) Learn to either knit or crochet.

Haven't made any move on this yet. I think I'll go and buy myself a hook next weekend. This weekend is a bit busy because I'm on call on Saturday.

So so far, so good. smile

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
mine was to quit smoking. but that went out the window as soon as i got back to school. the chance to smoke qithout being lectured, told of or scolded is just too big, i can't resist ubbcrying frown

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Nope im going well tongue

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. I'm doing okay so far too..

I'm in a pretty low stress situation at the moment though so ya never know... ubbloco

I think 'quitting smoking' as a new years resolution is putting wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much pressure on yourself. Probably one of the worst times of the year to quit actually. I gave up last year in March .. on holidays.. okay okay so I was unemployed at that stage, living under the guise of 'student' tongue I waited till I got really sick with the flu and just popped a whole heap of cold and flu tablets and lay in bed for a week playing playstation. It worked too.

I also reckon you should have the *whole year* of 2004 to get your resolutions into action by the end of the year so you can say you've done them and improved in at least one small way. And then you don't get all stressed and frazzled about not suddenly being perfect.

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
My new years resolution was to read more. Kind of long term and with midterms coming up I can't read as much as I'd like. I Guess I'm reading more though. smile

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i ate chocolate cake last nite, and had a lemonade spider this morning. then theres the non-diet soft drink i drank at the gathering the other nite eek

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
I have none.

My theory is aim low. very low. I may even regress. wink

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i think i'm doing pretty ok on mine actually. i even learned a new poi move today biggrin coming to kent and getting to spin with everyon i think definately inspired me on the poi bit.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**