Forums > Introductions > Faulty Neuron - Ramblings of a mis-firing neuron

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
Name: Simon

Alias: Neuron, Faulty Neuron, Game Cat, Angry Badger, a few others but mostly Neuron or Faulty Neuron

Favorite Toys: poi and staff, cause they're the only ones i can even vaguely pretend to spin with without hurting myself utterly

Hobbies: apart from the very obvious, music, movies, reading, theatre, spending money, video gaming and just about anything computer based

Music : Eclectic.

Movies : LOADS. I like far too many movies. Current favourites include the matrix trilogy, blade runner and the aliens saga (constant favourites), fight club, ah hell, nah, i can't list 'em all. Too many.

Books: Currently reading "Masters of Doom" which is excellent but I like a lot of books. Of fairly varied style. Though sci-fi is a big favourite. Cyberpunk is a constant highlight.

Favorite Color: ... not sure i really have one.

My website: www.neuronfailure.com though it's down at the time of writing for re-development.

Yeah it's a boring intro, perhaps you'll get to know more as things progress (unless you haven't discovered way too much already from me posting in your intro threads:))

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So does that make me..."European?" ubblol

That's hilarious!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
OR, what's it called if the door swings both wayse, eh???

ubbrollsmile

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

912 posts

Posted:
I'm still trying to work that out. Dual Nationality?

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

912 posts

Posted:
Hey! I broke 500!

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Yay Neuron! *claps*

I made you a cake!

*gives Neuron a yummy celebration cake*

hug

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

912 posts

Posted:
Thanks Elanna.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
You do realise it's taken me more than 3 years to get to 1000+ posts...

Mind you, I'm sure it's quality not quantity wink

Only joshing - See you (all) next Thursday!!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

912 posts

Posted:
3 years? and whose fault is that, eh? wink

See you Thursday, provided I don't get lost, which i will.

912 posts

Posted:
Cards. I don't know who here believes in tarot but I just got a reading from a friend.

Three card spread, past card, present card, future card. I've always been fascinated by tarot and I like these results.

Past card: The Maiden (reversed)

In the maiden reversed we find her virtues flawed (joy, life, happiness, hope, growth and new beginnings - all turned on their heads) When her energy is blocked we dont allow ourselves to hope, dream, or to even plan a future. We look for everything that is dull and mundane. We live a sterile and joyless life.

Present card: Lys of the shadows

She is here to help people gain true self confidence and self respect and self esteem but she has to start further down. She tries to inspire practicle help for those who need it most.She is the inspiration in the first wobbly steps taken by a damaged soul towards healing. Her presence indicates that something painful can now be healed fully. someone is ready to begin, with help, to climb out of the inner mire. There is much hope and a need for loving kindness tempered by practicality. Lys will always give supprt to those who ask for it, encouraging that person to be receptive and others to be helpful. She always has time to help those who have time to help others

Future card: Spirit Dancer

Self expression - freedom - exploration!

Now is the time to focus and really concentrate on a project or process, specially if involves your inner creativity. Spontaniety balanced with self discipline will help you achieve all of your goals. Strive for elegance and simplicity. This is a time to bring out and share the qualities that you have nurtured in private!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I'm happy for you!!!

And hello, first time I've been in here... is it welcoming???

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

912 posts

Posted:
It's as welcoming as you want to make it. Thanks for dropping by. biggrin

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
what deck was your friend using? cause those aren't traditional cards of a deck, unless they were renamed.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

912 posts

Posted:
Well observed, m'lady. It was her choice of deck and she chose a deck entitled "Fairy Oracles"

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ahh. i have a number of decks but do not have that one smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

912 posts

Posted:
I experienced a random act of kindness today. Stranger gave me his not-used parking ticket as he was leaving the car park and i was coming in. I love random acts of kindness.

912 posts

Posted:
Small world. A guy is in the office to test Fable today as work experience and he just happens to be from my home town. Bizarreness.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Everyone should give thier tickets away like that. Chase ppl down and give them away. Drive around the car Park and waving them until someone takes them.

drops the coconuts

oops, Jez field had worn off..
Sorry Q...
Say hi to Bill for me wave
Thanks

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

912 posts

Posted:
I agree entirely. That's why when I left, I handed it on to a third owner. biggrin

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Hey Simon! Nice to see another computer fan/gamer on HOP! I really like your website - the thing about Peter Molyneux was funny - hadn't heard about that. smile
Anyway, thought I'd say hi! P.S. You ever seen the website thinkgeek.com? They have lots of cool (ahem...) computer-type stuff, including a great Wargames T-shirt - yes, sad, I know, but I'm a big fan of that film.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Morning mate, just thoguht I would drop by and ...um...

well...I havent got that far yet but im sure that something will come to mind....

*sits down and waits*

912 posts

Posted:
02/03/04? Apparently that's when I last updated. Wow it's been a while, huh?

Well if there's anyone left who remembers/cares then here's the update for the last... few... months. Yes, months, not years.

It's been good, I'm rapidly approaching my 26th birthday and my 18 month semi-anniversary with my beloved which rather nicely occur within two days of each other next month.

I've also, after a couple of years still bouncing around between unsatisfying and maddening IT jobs re-evaluated my life and I go back to college in september to embark on my new career choice of professional photography. Momentus decision. Terrifying yet liberating.

I'm still firmly entrenched in the Cheltenham area and despite knowing a rather wonderful crowd of fire spinners the one thing we tend not to do as a group is spin. I really need to change that at some point this year. Still I've energised a couple of them by telling them I need photographic subjects. smile

It's funny how I always think about HoP around this time of year, for all sorts of reasons but mostly thanks to the parties at a certain member's house in Sevenoaks all that time ago which I still remember pretty vividly (and fondly I have to say).

So many shoes.

So who's still around?

Page: