Forums > Social Chat > Reconstructive surgery

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Well today after months of consideration i have made an appointment with my doctor for wednesday afternoon.

For several months now i have been contemplating reconstructive surgery on my ears, for those people that know me, met me or seen photos, will know i have 44mm flesh tunnels in my ears.
I have spent some time today researching into methods of surgery, and i actually found that i am not alone in the world, i found some one else in the UK still awaiting an appointment with a surgeon and some one in Florida who has just had surgery and both these people have large guage tunnels like myself.

Well i am exremly nervous about what i will look like after surgery and i am hoping that it's not going to take long to get it done with the trusty NHS, or if i should go private, but not having a job right now that isn;t really a possiblitity.

well tommorrow i have another interview for a job, tempory until christmas, so i hope i get it so that i have some money for the time being, i have just been turned down for an other job because of my ears and have been faced with many knockbacks and people that do not take me seriously for who i am and not what i look like. Though the last interview went really well, i am still disheartened as to not accepeted for the job on the basis that i have my ears they way they are.

Over the 7/8 years i have had my ears modded the way they are, and all of the questioning and abusive comments made at me for my choice of doing what i wanted to do to my own body, i am saddened as to have to be in this situation.

It worries me that, now that i have made the first steps which is my own choice and no pressure from any one, how long its going to take, i need a job now, i can no longer support myself the way i have been and i desperatly do not want to have to be on the Dole / job seekers, but i am having no choice but to do so, i have found that since starting my spiritual journey into body modification how society has changed so much as i have grown older and wiser. I have thought many a time on why should i change who i am now, but things come and go, over the past few years i have removed piercings here and there, done this and that, but there comes a point where things have to change, i want to work, i dont want to be claiming benefits, i enjoy working too much, but i also want to be taken seriously and not have to suffer from abuse, people cant be honest thats their problem, which is why i respect the friends that i have and the support they give me on a personal level.
Many people are going to ask me why i did it, but they asked me that before anyway, thats life, its a learning curve, things seem good at the time and were faced with arrogance towards our selves and do not want to conform and do not feel that we have to. But in my eyes society is right in many ways, i have spent many years looking at it from all angles, and i am truly thankful that the firends i have in this world can take me for who i am and what i do and my goals in life.

I am felling very secluded right now, and have many personal issues which i am dealing with, but the sense of what is to come in the future is a step in the right direction for me, not to conform to society just because i cant get a job, but to conform because i can and IT being my decission alone.

well i am going to keep documents on my journey to normalism, but with reliefe that i am not alone in this world, there are others out there that have been faced with the same dilema's society has thrown at them, and the choice personally about what changes can be made to make things better.

I dont think i am truly sad about making this decission, i will probably miss having my tunnels, but at the end of the day, knowing what i know now over these years i wish time could be turned back and i wouldnt have made some of my chocies that i did make.

Thinks i am looking forward too: Eating in a restraunt with out people pointing and looking disgusted as i walk in. Walking down the street in any town or city with out people asking questions all of the time. People taking me serious because i do not stand out in the crowds. I could go on forever, but personally conforming to suit my self and not others is a big step to take.

Well i am looking forward to my appointment on wednesday, but i wish it was this afternoon instead.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
he has (plast) after his name and there were famous people there too. wink i dont think its a dodgy ractice. though very expensive.

I am just about to go off and see if i can afford the £870 they want to charge me, but the can get me sorted at 9.30am on the 18th december at London Bridge hospital. really considering it, my mom wants to lend me the money but i dont want to borrow it from her... what to do what to do confused

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
PK.
I know how you feel. I had to borrow money from my parents a while ago and it was horrible accepting that even though I'm a "grown up", I still needed their help with money frown But what I did was, I agreed to repay a certain amount each month and set up a standing order. It helped that I knew I was paying back a set amount, it made it feel a bit less sh*t borrowing it in the first place.

Because you've now got your head around actually having the surgery, then I would say go for it.

But, I hope you make a decision that your happy and comfortably with PK.

Twas a pleasure to actually spend some time with you on Tuesday.

hug kiss hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Your Mum is a legend and consider it a loan to repay any kidsyou might have.
Or pay her back later. Once my kids grow up I hope I can help them like my mum still helps me.
Take care hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well i got it booked up and i am off to get it done next week!.

my moms a legend, i can afford it myself but she wants me to do it this way instead.

whooohooo.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Groovy cool

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
We will wait with worm on tongue......
..good luck and hugs... hug hug

...and have you had some really good photos taken of you as you are now...I really regret not getting lots done before I had kids....

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have a load of photos on my website.

i wanna keep the bits of my lobes that they cut off too rolleyes

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Keep the bits the chop off? Would you put them on display or something? That would be cool. ubbloco
Good luck with the surgery PK.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
In pride of place on the mantlepiece.....

hug

Is it the Truth?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nat doesnt want them left around!

my ears i will leave them where i want. ubblol

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Why not get them made up into a custom set of earings. smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
good luck matey!!!!!!!!!
hope all goes well.... hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
If its not too late i wnat to wish you good luck too PK!
Kyribug hug

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cheers kyrian and every one else too. hug

Well i hae to goto work tis morning and cover two hours of nats shift! then finish at 3pm to bog off to london whoohoo.

So in exactly 24 hours time from now i will be in a small opps department at london bridge, i fell quite dazed about it, in one sense looking forward to it and not. I cant help feeling that i won't like not having my tunnels, like i was when i was stretching them, i wonder what they will be like if i take them a little bigger, but i wont be able to do this again once i go through with the surgery.
My emotions seem to be every where this week and with the run up to christmas too, i dont get to spend it again with my parents as they are going to melbourn for 4 weeks, nats been really ill with her kidneys again this past week and i even had to take her to hospital, so with all this going on around me, i feel trapped like i need time out, time on my own to just [censored] off out of it all and be on my own for a day so i can think, i cant do that right now theres too much madness going on around me i cant focus on one thing, but what thinking i have done has been good, after the past 5 days which has been the worst for a verbal assult to me personally in 7 years and by a woman over 50+ and a bunch of old wankers she was with at the pub, IF ONLY i wasnt actually working right then..... small minded [censored] old people, well anyway i wont go into detail but that was the icing on the cake for me, time to go through with it for definate, i cant take any more of it.

I know for some people they will not know what its like, it seems to just come accross as kewl to have guaged ears, believe me its not, its a different thing if your in australia or america, but here in england and well out side of london its a different thing, i was speaking with Doms mom last week, and we were talking about racial issues outside of london and in small communities and its mad, in london things like that do not happen very much every one is so much more open minded to different things and cultures, this small town [censored] is weird, though its a nice place and mostly nice folk.

So as my tunnels end their reign after 7 years and my facial piercings become a thing of my past forever, its time to goto work, then get to london and bring them back pickled in a jar to keep on the mantle peice.

So tommorrow night i shall be celebrating with my brother to a new journey and and end to my tunnels.

ponders.. what to do, where to go and how to do it, and all on one wheel......................................................................... beerchug

cheers guys thanks so much for all your support, and sorry i havnt had much time this week to post any thing, i will write more when i am out of the opp and back home.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Lots of bits crossed for you PK.

I have never met you but I am sure I would have found your ears fascinating and would have driven you crazy asking about them and wanting to look and touch... biggrin

Narrow minded ppl are the world over. Australia has its fair share of them too. I am uberconservative with unadorned body and grannie clothes, but you give colour to the world.

Post a pic of the jar too?????

Take care hug hug hug
Gnor

Is it the Truth?

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
Well PK I wish you all the luck in the world, everything will turn out well in the end things usually do.
So lots of luck and u should Definitely post a picture of "THE JAR" wink well PK take it easy i hope everything works out for the best.

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
pk sorry its taken me so long to find this thread!

good luck dude, hope you get teh ears u want!?

do you rekon santa is bringing them? hug

good luck man!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quite angry at the world after reading this thread mad

good luck tomorrow my man hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
to continue this thread i have made another.

########################

[Old link]

########################

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
bump!

Page: