Forums > Introductions > pounce...parental discretion is advised

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
**pouting**

well, i have no choice but to start a new thread. i will dearly miss my old ones.

ok, so here's the stats on me...

Name: pounce (of course it's a nickname!)

Sex: female

Birthday: September 22

Sign: Virgo

Your favourite website/s: well this one of course!

Favourite Toys: poi, clubs, breathing/eating (ok they aren't toys but it counts), flags

Been twirling for: well, technically since 1992 but i didn't really get into the whole fire culture until 2001

Hobbies: reading, writing (poetry), playing piano, crafts, djing, raving, fire dancing (of course), watching movies/tv, cooking, chillin with friends

Music: trance, house, contemporary folk, alternative (specifics: Ani DiFranco!!!, Tori Amos, Dave Matthews, Evanescence, the Indigo Girls, Guster, Rusted Root, the Greencards, Susie Suh, Anna Nalick, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Jose Gonzalez, the Weepies....i could go on and on)

Movies: way too many to list, but to name a few favs, Sliding Doors, Eddie Izzard Dressed to Kill, Groove, Human Traffic, Ever After, Pirates of the Carribean, Neverwhere, Render (Ani DiFranco documentary), LOTR trilogy, and pretty much anything with Vin Diesel in it works

Books: all feminist literature, For One More Day (Mitch Albom), The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Mitch Albom), Why Moms Are Weird (Pamela Ribon), The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold), The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown), the Harry Potter Series (J.K. Rowling), The Neverending Story (Michael Ende), again, way too many to list

Favourite Colour: blue, silver, and green, in that order

Favourite Quote/Saying: heh, once again, way too many to list

Piercings/tattoos: 25 piercings (tho i've been pierced 37 times)...16 in my ears (including my daith, rook, and two conch), 1 in my nose, 4 in my tongue, 1 in my bellybutton (used to have all four sides), 2 chest surface piercings, and 1 in my hood. i used to have 4 subdermal anchors in my left wrist but i had to take them out ubbcrying. i also had my nipples done, and a couple other ear piercings that accidentally closed up....and yes i want more

9 tattoos (and counting)...all mystical...a sun, moon, Virgo symbol, year of the horse (Chinese horoscope) beginning a semi-circle on my abdomen, a mystic star (symbolozing harmony in friendship and love) over my heart chakra, a sun with an eye in the middle of it in the small of my back (it represents my spirituality and view of a higher power), a sun with a triquetra in the middle on the top of my left foot, a triquetra with a sun weaved through it in the middle of my back, and a fireball in between my shoulders (represents my twin flame, who is also my best friend who got me into poi. you can see a pic of it in my gallery)

anything else you want to know about me, just ask if you want to see pics of me doing fire or of me and my best friends, check out my photo gallery here

for those of you who don't know, my thead used to be the r-rated thread, so we shall continue in that fashion! i highly recommend reading up on what was going on before wink let the fun commence! biggrin

EDITED_BY: pounce (1191799059)

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
ok time for some but wiggleing
Non-Https Image Link

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Rymelmember
9 posts

Posted:
::waves dollars:: tongue

does it r0x0r j00r b0x0rz?

yes, my pants are quite happy biggrin

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yelps, giggles, and writhes underneath regyt

do it again!! biggrin

nice butt VT.... wink

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
That's my gal! biggrin Keep with the lavishing attention on me, and I'll keep you.. stimulated.. from time to time. *ZAP!*

E pluribus unum, baby.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
continues to play with regyt's hair and waits for another zap

ubblol

**giggles**

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*kisses pounce ever so softly, so as not to wake her up....*

sweet dreams dearling, you are so beautiful....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
murrrs and snuggles up to flynt

**giggles**

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Good Morning Ms P wave

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
morning mr. cb wave any suggestions for a broken heart?

**giggles**

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Huge hugs to pounce...sounds like she could use them
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
*grabs pounce, pulls her close into my bosom and gently strokes her hair till the edges of her mouth slowly raise into a tiny smile and she feels a little warmer inside*

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
"vt feel's all warm and fuzzy from the cuteness of the above post." Awwwww.I think Ms.pounce need's hugs. here ya go. hug hug hug hug hug

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by pounce

**giggles**

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
That was fabulous!!!! hug hug hug

I so wish I could write cool poetry like that, but alas, the words just get all jumbled in my head instead frown

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
thank you. i'm not sure if it's finished yet though. i can't decide.

thanks all for the hugs and warm thoughts though.

**giggles**

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Nice poem pounce! And it's not finished yet?? Man that's gonna be one supa fiyne poem when it's done!!

Are you feeling any better yet? did you get some sleep?

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
wow pounce that was really beautiful biggrin ubblove

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
thank you bug. i'm not sure if it's finished. i haven't decided yet.

i don't know if i'm feeling any better. i think i've just put it out of my thoughts for now, retreating and distancing myself. it's what i do, i guess. i didn't get a lot of sleep because i was up late continuing this battle. and i overslept this morning and was late to work because of it.

while we're on a misery kick (and i promise i'll get out of it soon), i really want to deck my supervisor right now. we had a case presentation this morning, and afterwards talked about how our meetings were going and if we were getting our needs met. i spoke up and said that for me personally, i wanted the structure to change slightly when i give a case presentation because i need help with conceptualizing my clients from my theoretical orientation better. and i didn't feel my training needs were being met on that aspect. so i asked for that additional piece to enhance my training so i can improve my skills. and you know what my supervisor said to me? in front of the entire group, he told me that i was limiting him by asking for that.

i don't even know what to say to something like that. after calming down, i finally stated that when i present a case, it's for my benefit, to help me, NOT him, and i didn't think it was unreasonable to request assistance in that aspect of training. and he still completely ignored my requests.

i'm so [censored] fed up with this place.

**giggles**

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Ugh...that does completely suck. More hugs for the pounce
hug hug hug

I assume you are in something similar to a post-doc, but for your profession. This is a time for you to learn new concepts and to improve upon those that you already know. Your supervisor should be willing to help you with that, not hinder your learning, especially being a psychologist himself. He should know that not everyone learns the same things in the same way.

I, too, hate people that ask for suggestions to make something better and then just poo-poo what you suggest. Luckily, my supervisors here are nice, it's just my co-workers that are the idiots. I guess we all have to deal with them somehow.

Here's to better jobs and better places beerchug

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug x 1,000,000 biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug times 1,000,000 and more!

Sorry to hear your supervisor's being a putz again. Good for you, though, to recognize what *you* need. Is there anyone else you can talk to...discuss your development and training with?

Hang in there, pounce!!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think the universe keeps dealing you low cards because she knows you're the only person strong enough to deal with it.

Just one hug... but a good one.

It's not the quantity, but the QUALITY. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
can someone just kick me? i mean really. just go ahead and kick me cause then at least it'll all seem to fall into place. i can literally say i've been kicked while i'm down.

i just want to scream and hit something (something, not someone, though my supervisor is tempting)

i wish there was someone i could talk to about my situation, but i can't. if i thought it would make any difference, i'd confront him myself about it, but i KNOW that i'll get graded down and have a miserable six months until i leave. and i'd talk to the director of the program, but i'm pretty sure she'd back him up. i'm still debating on that one though. and the rest of the staff have no power or weight in my situation, so there's no point in talking to them. and my school certainly can't do anything, so there's no point in asking them. i'm stuck. that's the crap part of this situation. i'm a very proactive person, i'll stand up for myself, i'll speak my needs, but there's only so much i can do. and i'm at the end of that list. i'm stuck. and it really [censored] sucks.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok continuing to rant cause i'm on a roll and i don't have therapy for another week....

this is supposed to be the year where i really shape who i am as a therapist. i mean, it's not the end all be all, but this is my chance to get experience, to get supervision, to get training. after this, i'm pretty much on my own. i've got post-doc where i'll still be supervised but there will not be a training element to it. and i can go to continuing ed classes, but that takes time and money, and isn't nearly as effective as having it right here, the whole year, and being supervised at the same time to ensure i'm doing it right, to hone my skills, to put it into practice with feedback on how i'm doing. and i'm not getting that. which, if i wanted to be pessimistic, means i'm screwed and will never become a good therapist. not realistically, i know that's not the case. but dammit, i know i could be getting so much more, and learning it so much quicker, and be doing a better job, and have better skills to enhance my prospects for post-docs and jobs, and keep me from studying as hard and learning as much for licensing. AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL BE WRITING MY LETTERS OF REC!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooo pissed off and frustrated right now. why do i keep getting the short end of the stick? why the hell do i have to bust my ass 50 times harder than anyone else just to get there only because of unfortunate circumstances in my life?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**giggles**

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
(Vt put's on the mask that look's like pounces boss and then neel's before her.)

You can beat me if it would please you mistress. ubbangel

-Albert Einstein-

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol!

funny. but just too wrong.

ubblol

**giggles**

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:

hug hug hug hug hug hug
frown sorry to hear that you are having so many problems, have you got a link tutor you could go to (but i know its all diffrent over there) or even a union rep who could advise you)
hope thats things start working out
hug

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
*sneaks in and places several baskets of chocolate covered strawberries and sneaks out*

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
please don't hurt me.

ok, hurt me, just warn me first or i might take it the wrong way ;]

i like pie.

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
woo hoo!! another one of us, er, um, i mean

oh forget it, i can't play innocent

biggrin

so uh, do you prefer whips or chains? wink

Non-Https Image Link

**giggles**

Page: ......