• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Firefairy
Total posts: 115
Posted:just thought id introduce myself and say hi to everyone. great site, and a chance to learn more. imat a stagnant stage right now and need to get more ideas. anyone in the UK, Gloucester area do fire poi?

Marlboro
Total posts: 180
Posted:Hey Firefairy - welcome - Check out the Meet Others section, there's a growing number of us here in the UK now, good to here of another.
Non-Https Image Link
M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Cassandra
Cassandra

Froggie ... Ribbit !!!
Total posts: 4224
Posted:Welcome
Non-Https Image Link
Shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

catboy
Total posts: 167
Posted:hii am based in leicester, but often go to oxford and gloucester to visit friends and relatives... i will give you a shout next time i am your way if you like...you can get hold of me onhanks_benjamin_j@cat.com

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Tarzan
Total posts: 9
Posted:Hello, I thought I'd just pop into this opening and introduce my as well. I'm also new to this site, but have been spinning poi for about a year now.anyone from JHB in South Africa here?It seem that at all the festivals fire preformers are coming out of the wood work, but to find anyone in my area to spin with... what a mission. Fire preformance: the only way I dance.

This leads to bedwetting?
sheets well spent.

Firefairy
Posted:Thanks everyone. Catboy - Yey id love to get tpgether next time your down and I know a fire staff-er in Cheltenham whos always up for a play

catboy
Total posts: 167
Posted:i will probably be your way at the begining of the month, but i will let you know nearer the time...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

xLessThanJakex
Total posts: 155
Posted:Hi Tarzan and Firefairy, it is so cool here, I consider us a big bunch of friends growing all the time. You'll fit right in.
Non-Https Image Link
F_S------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi[This message has been edited by Fire_Sista (edited 18 October 2001).]

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Shouden-CrD
Veteran Member
Total posts: 495
Posted:Welcome to the twirling family. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=razyRaverude=-

Burnt
Total posts: 13
Posted:I thought I might introduce myself to.Im from the western suburbs of Sydney and Ive been twirling fire poi for about 4 months, I started twirling with fire fromthe beginning which explains the name.As soon as my exams finish in a few weeks Im hoping to meet up with fellow twirlers
Non-Https Image Link

Play with fire and you might get Burnt.

pozee
old hand
Total posts: 886
Posted:welcome to the board, you should put your particulars down on the official role call so we can get to know you...

anyone got a light?

Firefairy
Posted:Thanks everyone, Ive been browsing thru and it lookslike im gonna have to get a computer - but thenid be on it all the time! Catboy - yey, look forward to it.

Chakan
Total posts: 68
Posted:Hi just wanted to say Hi as well.. I have been spinning poi for about a month now.. I from south africa, jhb.

Fire_Hazard
Total posts: 6
Posted:Hehehe the gangs all here. I'm from JHB South Africa too and well i'm trying to spin but it's taking a while. Anyone with any motivational words?

Thistle
Thistle

old hand
Total posts: 950
Posted:Welcome, every1, to the wonderful world of twirling!Onelove, Thistlefirepixie
Non-Https Image Link

Are we nearly there yet?

Firefairy
Posted:Fire Hazard - keep at it. They way i learnt was one trick at a time; starting easy. But always try to do the trick backwards (which i found much harder)as it will help you later on. Everytime i got a trick id run and tell someone and, invariably, when i tried to show them i could'nt do it. But heh, once you've done it once, you know that you can do it again! Id put any old music on and get lost in it.Most importantly ENJOY. Good twirling.[This message has been edited by Firefairy (edited 19 October 2001).]

Firefairy
Posted:Thistle fire pixie. I love your name and thanks - it is a wonderful 'magical. world isnt it.

Fire_Hazard
Total posts: 6
Posted:THanks FireFairy. I will keep trying i am soooooooooooooooooooo enjoying it. And well nothing comes without a bit of practice.