• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Poi classes/groups in Sydney

Login/Join to Participate

Finn

Total posts: 341
Posted:Hi guys.
Non-Https Image Link
Can anyone put me in contact with someone who teaches poi in Sydney? Or groups that get together regularly?I've been doing fire poi for about 6 months, mostly on my own. I love it, but am desperate for feedback, new ideas and stimulation from others.I left my e-mail address on the home of poi's meet others page several months ago. I've had quite a few e-mails from people but haven't actually managed to pull off a meet-up yet.
Non-Https Image Link
I went to Earthcore (in Victoria) for New Years Eve. I was so excited, more about hanging out with fellow fire people than about the actual festival I think. *giggle*Alas..... there was a total fire ban on all five days of the festival.
Non-Https Image Link
I had to make do with glow sticks. They looked pretty but it just wasn't the same.Nevermind.
Non-Https Image Link
Now that I'm back home I'm more keen than even to play with fire and get some lessons. I really want to master the behind the back weave
Non-Https Image Link
C'arn! Someone out there must be teaching poi in Sydney.Burn brightly!Finn
Non-Https Image Link

Delete Topic

Kat
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Kat

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2211
Posted:FinnYoure Smilies rock!!Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Delete

Finn

Total posts: 341
Posted:Thanks Kat
Non-Https Image Link
You can find them herehttp://smilecwm.tripod.com/There must be someone teaching poi in Sydney, surely! Do any of you Aussie fire people have contacts in Sydney? I'd love to hear from you if you do. [This message has been edited by Finn (edited 21 January 2001).]

Delete