Forums > HoP Competitions & Announcements - COL videos etc > COL2 - Sage - Very strange- 1 arm front,1back,weave360, 1 front, 1 back butterfly?WTF

Login/Join to Participate

RaVeRxSurGemember
18 posts

Posted:
okay guyz wuzup... question... i got 5 beat 360s and the quad. corkscrews and the 360 btb weaves and 3 point split time ttn and this and that and that and this lol... anywayz the onli thing i'm concerned thats a twirling move that I don't understand how it works is on COL2.... sage.... she has this move:left hand is spinning forward in front while right hand is spinning back ward in front... then the right hand thats spinning back ward crosses over behind her so it is spinning forward but btb now... so now lets stop for a second.... left hand is spinning forward on the left side and right hand is spinning forward on the left side behind the back.... right when she gets that to work she start spinning in 360s.... WTF!!!??? ok... i know what a btb 360 weave is... u keep both hands behind your back and 360.... froward 360 requires u to keep both hands in front... but what sage does is she has them going in the same direction just like every other 360 but the left hand is close to her left side spinning forward and the right hand is reaching all the way behind her back to spin forward on her left side as well.... so it kinda looks realli weird when she 360s as she spins with one hand by her side and one hand reaching all the way over behind her back.... anybody who has seen the COL2 must've seen that move... someone please care to explain? I have seen no posts about it yet... I mean how does she 360 with both hands on the same side and they don't go on the different side... please watch COL2 and see sage do that weird move.... she also does the same thing only with both strings spinning forward in the front and then reaches with one hand to the other side creating a butterfly in front of u with 1 hand spinning in front and one reaching behind the back.... then she switches that butterfly from one side to the other side with the hand thats in the front reaching behind the back and the hand thats behind the back reaching back to the front... WTF... then what she did is wrap one string around her wrist to go the same direction and she went off with the 360s doing 1 hand in front 1 hand in back 360s... SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT I'M SEEING... i'm very confused.. the 1 hand back 1 hand front butterflies make sense... but the 1 hand back 1 hand front weave doesn't because she doesn't realli twist her hands when she 360s

-RaVeR SurGe

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
So let's see...You come to the board with a very arrogant thread that basically says that this whole community knows shit about twirling, you're the dogs bollocks at it (especially wraps), you offend many people, some directly others by proxy or reference and then, then you ask those same people to help you with a move on the video COL2 which you said, and I quote "wuzn't impressivei...it's all old".Hmmmmm - let's all rush to help. You know what they say about first impressions.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
ooooohhhhhh ouch!!uhmm what is she doing with her feet while all this is happening?, i doubt she is standing with them both still as it seems from your description!well raver consider yourself slapped a bit i guess, but hey, at least your starting to ask good questions...........it sounds like she's reaching over to one side behind her back and using v.flexible arms to pull off some pretty cool stuff, if you can describe as well as you did in the post (WTF's notwithstanding), shouldnt take you long to figure it all out, aye

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
does not advise the weak ones that slag others off!

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I can do that one, concentrate....This move is easiest with beaming poi - sounds strange I know but they are just right for this one.start with a fast-as-is-humanly-possible reverse weave. Now simply bring the poi into the centre for a 'buzzsaw'. Keep that going and hold your hands exactly where they are. Now just lean forward. You might get a few knocks when you're learning this one but STICK AT IT! Good things come to those who wait. I suggest the least painfull places to take the knocks would be your eyes, mouth, nose and ears. Oh, and keep your mouth open during this move.Good luck.Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
evil... grin------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Funny Funny Shit Jo.No really that is the best way to learn.Code128

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Code128, I can't wait to see that at the next practice with YOUR beaming poi...Nomad------------------A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.Nwww.anthelion.org

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
lolyou boys are so funny smilePere