• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Thread-the-Needle (Split time..???)

Login/Join to Participate

Mushinkato

Total posts: 164
Posted:Is it possible to do the thread the needle move in split time / alternate time (either direction) as opposed to same time .... if that makes sense ?????
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------Kato

Kato

Delete Topic

Jaeden
GOLD Member since Sep 2001

Total posts: 220
Posted:yes. Do a search on this for more information. If I remember correctly, it was Bassman who first forwarded this movement
Non-Https Image Link

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Very possible! although alot of people didn't believe me when I started doing it...As long as you don't look at what your doing ("Don't think - feeeeeeeeeeeeeel") it works fine.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

phunky

old hand

Total posts: 877
Posted:If memory serves me right bassman also wrote a nice long informative essay on how to do it also if you look hard enough.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Delete

adamrice

adamrice

poo-bah

Total posts: 1015
Posted:Not only that, he posted a video of the move (with a few others to make people like me feel totally inadequate {g}).http://www.siteswap.org/poi/It took me a week just to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing with my hands--I kept falling back into a regular TTN. After that, it took me about one more week to actually get the motion smooth. I also figured out a minor variation on this move. As Bassman does it, one wrist is always crossed over the other. It's also possible to do this so you alternate left wrist over right, wrists uncrossed, and right wrist over left.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Delete

Mushinkato

Total posts: 164
Posted:Thanks for the tips guys.. I have worked the darn thing out and NOW I CAN DO IT !!!!!! (forwards, backwards, behind the heed and various other cominations thereof.)Oooooooooohhhhh... it hurts so good !!!!!------------------Kato

Kato

Delete