Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Thread-the-Needle (Split time..???)

Login/Join to Participate

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Is it possible to do the thread the needle move in split time / alternate time (either direction) as opposed to same time .... if that makes sense ????? confused confused------------------Kato

Kato

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
yes. Do a search on this for more information. If I remember correctly, it was Bassman who first forwarded this movement smile

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Very possible! although alot of people didn't believe me when I started doing it...As long as you don't look at what your doing ("Don't think - feeeeeeeeeeeeeel") it works fine.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
If memory serves me right bassman also wrote a nice long informative essay on how to do it also if you look hard enough.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Not only that, he posted a video of the move (with a few others to make people like me feel totally inadequate {g}).https://www.siteswap.org/poi/It took me a week just to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing with my hands--I kept falling back into a regular TTN. After that, it took me about one more week to actually get the motion smooth. I also figured out a minor variation on this move. As Bassman does it, one wrist is always crossed over the other. It's also possible to do this so you alternate left wrist over right, wrists uncrossed, and right wrist over left.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the tips guys.. I have worked the darn thing out and NOW I CAN DO IT !!!!!! (forwards, backwards, behind the heed and various other cominations thereof.)Oooooooooohhhhh... it hurts so good !!!!!------------------Kato

Kato