Page:
DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any Signature move combo's, you know, the combinations you do in a routine that you consider to be the most showy. The ones you think only you do(but secretly know darn well that there's got to be someone else out there that does them too. Can't wait to here about the awesome moves you all do.PLUHRDOC------------------Let us Light up the Night[This message has been edited by DocLiquid (edited 28 December 2001).]

Let us Light up the Night

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
never mind i stayed up all night and figured it out on my own and now im at work suffering from sleep depro so thanks for nothing you jerk offs j/p i learned btb weave too ...god it feels good to finally get that to work.. it was such a pain for me.. it was a good night for me and now im paying for it.. the price you pay i guess....

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Aight, the move I use as my signature, which you can pop into from pretty much anywhere and is INCREDIBLY easy (I discovered it in the first week I started spinning) 2 interlocking loops, one horizontal, one vertical, looks a lot like a chain. This is fun to do with several people, making them all interlock. Any spinner who sees you do this can immediately duplicate it, but non spinners think it looks neat and difficult... I'm not gonna tell em it's not Happy spinning all!

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Three words.

One Handed Cartwheel.

Took me ages to figure out how to do it without hitting myself with my poi and I want to keep it a secret but I'll give a few hints.

Wrist wrap one poi.
Shorten the other.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
im intreuged phuzzie so you wrist wrap on the hand that you put on the ground??
sounds fun

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie:
Three words.

One Handed Cartwheel.

i have 5 words:
monday is a glow session
are ya comin???

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

sindominiaSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
A color change with poi is definitely possible all you have to do in order to make different color flames is mix different chemicals with the fuel you happen to be using a decent list of possible colors can be found here

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
ive starting messing around with a new trick last night... you can do it from a backwards weave or just a backwards circle with a glow stick on each end of the strings.. with the left hand continue
to spin in a regular circle or weave with the right hand when the poi is at the bottom of the swing let go of the poi and let it roll up your for arm till it gets to the middle of the string then grab the middle and go back into the weave with both poi.. now the left should be normal while the right is being swung from the middle of the sring so both the right poi are doing the weave so basically it looks like 3 poi are doing the weave then you have to roll it down your for arm again to get the poi back in your hand and get it back to a regular swing.. its kinda hard to be consistant with it but if i keep practiceing i think i can get it down it looks nice when it works...

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
New funky contorting move,

Swing the poi forwards or backwards and fan kick over say your lef poi with your left foot. Crouch and send the right poi spinning over your left shoulder, looks very freaky, now tyr to get out of it, enjoy!

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
whats a fan kick???

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
whats a color changing wrap?

anyone got a light?

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
its when you have glow sticks on both ends of the string different colors on each end... then you do a wrap say on your arm after it wraps around once or twice then you let go of the handle end and quickly grab the other end of the string and un wrap and go back into whatever.. gotta be fast but it looks real nice.. you should then have a diffarent colored glow stick on the swinging end.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
sorry i guess that was a bad joke, and sorry it was kind of an inside one...

anyone got a light?

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hehe, i got it pozee...

and i actually found it quite amusing...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
well at least sopmeone thought it was funny

anyone got a light?

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
I think it's time for another crazy combo everybody!

while doing a forward butterfly to the right side of your bodyswing both poi inbetween your arms(so that they are spinning in opposite directions) and then swing them to your left side into a reverse Butterfly***that's easy enough but here's where it get's tricky***Instead of going back between your arms after the rotation of the reverse BF, wrap each poi around your left arm, recoil to right arm(so that you have a bouncing butterfly)now go back to left, but swing the right poi BTB, both wrap on left arm again and recoil, now back to right arm with left poi BTB.

You can choose to throw in single rotations between your arms if you like, but the way they bounce off one arm directly to the other in opposite directions looks awesome, especially if you can pull it off behind the back. ENJOY!

PLUR
DOC

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
BTW, POZEE, i got your little joke as well

And if you look at the combo posted above, you'll see that it is very possible to do a colorchanging (double)wrap(which is easier to do if you switch not only the color, but the poi itself from hand to hand) on each arm wrap even the BTB ones. It makes a nice continuous colorchanging bouncing butterfly. Very choice for us experienced wrappers.

PLUR
DOC

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DocLiquid:
uhhh...sorry...but that move can't be done with fire. You can't do a colorchanging wrap with fire! OUCH.

PLUR
DOC

First off, hello All! I haven't been around much, but god have my poi skills been growing while I have been away.

Secondly, you CAN do colorshanging wraps done with fire. I spin 3 colors of fire: bright ungodly orange, green, and soon blue, as well as regular fire color. Any wrap that can be done with a glo-stick can be down with fire, and once you have multiple colors of flame, you can do colorchanging wraps. I've worked out a couple really simple ones so far. Once you have the wrap worked out fairly well, the flame isn't in contact with your skin very long at all. You can wear longsleeves and long pants while you are first working them out, but I'm to the point where I rarely make an effort to cover the skin I will be wrapping.

It CAN be done, and SHOULD be done. As often as possible

~peace~

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
tracer,
are you telling me that you spin poi with a blazing ball of green fire as a handle? and that you can easily grab the other end that is on fire and not have any consequences. do you have 3 inch thick callouses on your hands...

anyone got a light?

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
::Crawls back under his rock to figure out color changing wraps::

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
my signayure move for staff requires flex, i go down on my knees and then lean back till my head is on th floor whilst doing a normal circal in front and then above my body. i then throw the staff up away from me a catch it a few times.
as for poi you lot have some really sick moves mine is not as good. i have the poi spining forwards and then step forwards and bend down so my hand hit the ground as the poi are at the highest point in there rotation, i then continue doing a front flip so i end up standing on my feet. if you get the timing right then the poi should never hit the ground, and it looks like you are rotating around two firery points in the air.

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

6,978 posts

Posted:
how about 'spirit-fingers'?

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
lmao, how bout jazz hands

6,978 posts

Posted:
Dude! i shoulda used spirit fingers in my COL entry! figgan hindsight! seriously, if i saw a routine finish with a posed set of spirit fingers, I'd just laugh my ass off something shocking.
"prepare ...for total annihiliation!....."

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
woo hoo!! or you could do an olympic bow...

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i like to just let um go and watch um spin up into the sky.

6,978 posts

Posted:
hows aboot topping off a routine with firebreathing from ..both.. ends!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well, I guess that wouldn't technically be fire-BREATHING, unless anyone here is a push-me-pull-you...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Alright, my sig move that i've pulled off a couple of times now goes like so: (sorry if it's already been done and all that jazz)

shorten your strings by wrapping around your hands, then do a reverse butterfly. Put the butterfly between your legs and switch it forward butterfly (so you are now doing a forward butterfly between your legs. From here do a forward summersault, all the while keeping the poi spinning. you are now on your back doing a forward butterfly. Now kick one leg up and wrap both poi around that leg. Now you're on your back doing a reverse BF. Swing both legs up to make a 'V' shape and wrap the right poi on the right leg and the left poi on the left leg. Use the momentum of your legs on the way down to jump onto your feet and do the atom. So now you're standing doing the atom. WHEW!

...Did that make any sense???

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
that sounds exillerating bender. question?
is it considered fire "breathing" from that end.
i meen you arent technically breathing.... right?

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
thats quite an image in my head..

Page: