lusidmember
9 posts

Posted:
I'm sure this move is on the site somewhere but I just can't find it so I'll ask here. I've seen quite a few people doing it so it must be well know and it seems simple but I'm not that good at revisualizing moves so I'm at a loss. I only hope I can explain it to get some input back. Each poi are spinning together ( or possibly split timing) at the sides but in opposite directions and the move involves turning 180 back and forth and thats about all I can remember. Anyways, the move looks really cool. Kinda a groovy dance move and it makes really nice flowing patterns. Thanks for the help!

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
It's just a turn not shown in the poi leassons on this site but is common and just as easy. anything with a forward swing on one poi and a backwards swing on the other can be put together for a butterfly. If you split it apart and turn then put it back together it will be reversed (the one going forward will now be going reverse and the one going reverse will now be going forward). It's fun and easy for the whole family.EricIf I didn't answer the way you wanted just voice it and someone else will give it a shot.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I think the training tape you can order calls it "One each Way" Basically it is just low waves while you are turning. When you stop with them both in front of you you get the BF like Myst said."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
LOL, superman got a training tape. You were going to make fun of me if I shaved my pits, but you got a training tape. I'm just playing, are there a lot of basic moves on that tape sup? I kind of want it just to have it, you know. Would it be a good investment, when I get some money, to get it?Ericp.s. I don't drink, but that e mail was funny as fuck.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I think we should name the movemy friends and i call it "shoot the moon" since its basically a "chasing the sun" low.so i dunno lets have a vote, because it would make it easier to describe some of the moves i have.1) One each way2) shoot the moon3) Non-turning turnI vote "shoot the moon"------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Chasing the sun, both poi are going the same direction, what I gather from what Lusid said was that they were going opposite directions, in which case it would be a butterfly veriation. It could resemble by a strech a chasing the sun, but I doubt it's a veriation of it. Who knows.Eric

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
ya i should read more carefully.ya thats low waves and turning...dont i feel like an idioterrwe should name that thing that moves the same direction anyways, its not named in the lessons section and i think its quite the pivotal transition move.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I've said stupider things in my time.Eric

lusidmember
9 posts

Posted:
Maybe I'm just not understanding your explanations but I think this is another move. The poi never pass by the front of the body or the back (like the wave and the butterfly) They don't come together.They are swinging in opposite directions at the sides. One poi going foward swing at the side the other backwards swing at the side. The nice flow of the move is the turning back and forth but I'm not sure where the poi are going during the turning. Anyways, I suck at trying to explain this so I think I'm going to watch my circle's of light video and see if I can find it there! Thank you everyone for your help!

lusidmember
9 posts

Posted:
okay ignore my last post. I just found the move on video and it is low waves with the swing passing over the sides via the turn instead of passing over the front and back. So basically it should look the same as the low wave but with the spinner facing sideways and turning. Does that sound right? I don't think I've seen it with the butterfly thrown in. I'll have to try that next. Thank you all again for the help and I'm off to learn a new move!!!Yeah!