Page: ...
theyellowbrickroadmember
12 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else find that watching someone of the opposite sex twirling poi (very well) and dancing incredibly erotic?

Being male i can confirm that even my friends who don't spin usually have a open jaw when a female spins!

But, i've found that most of my female friends find watching a man twirl a staff more erotic! (so natually i have just started to learn staff)

Any thoughts (apart from that)

EaT MorE BanAnAs, DrinK MoRe CIder, HaVe LESS sLEEp

cKBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
I havent seen tooooo many girls spinning, but I have noticed they are beautiful when they are doing it.. its just the fire + girl combination that makes them look different.

as for watching guys.. im generally trying to see the moves and how they are done (i do that to a smaller extent with girls, probably because i'll never be flexible enough to match their moves)

You love the middle ages, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!The concept of a Geocentric universe gets you sexually excited, Doesn't it?Sir, Yes Sir!!You want to make 16th century mathematician Johannes Kepler your bitch, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!

theyellowbrickroadmember
12 posts

Posted:
I would like to apologies to 'fire dancing fairy' the whole point of me bringing the topic up was to get mixed answers. Although i didn't expect to offend anyone!

I certainly do no consider myself a poi pervert. I have the up most respect for poiers be it female or male! When people are good with poi they dance, just as in a club someones looks and moves defines who admires them and who looks away. This all i meant by it, women (and men) add a certain appeal to them when they can twirl!

Full stop

EaT MorE BanAnAs, DrinK MoRe CIder, HaVe LESS sLEEp

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
the first time i ever saw poi it was being performed by two incredibly sexy women, i was captivated.

the way they were moving was so damn slinky, i couldn't take my eyes of them.

ever since then i've been hooked. (oh, and even though they were spinning in my town, i've never seen them again....)

I only wanted to be 16... and free

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
There is definately something special about watching a good spinner from the opposite sex!!!

I can be completely hypnotised by it!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Ive just seen some pictures of burning man that rather prove the point.... but i think ill keep them to myself

thats why i do stick, so's ive got something handy to beat them off with.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I remember the first time I soun poi for a good friend of mine, when I was done he just kinda stood and blinked for a bit then said "...HOT!!" (not the fire kind, other kind, ya get it.)
However, there are some people I've seen spinning who do that super annoying bit where they just do one move (say, 3 beat weave) really rigid and reeeally fast and it just makes me want to cover my eyes and run screaming.

P*L*U*R

Tarriemember
17 posts

Posted:
men spinning poi is impressive, men spinning staff is sexy. My man thinks poi is stupid. However, he's buying some (totally gonna spell this wrong) nunchucks (cringe at spell) so I'm going to try and persuade him to buy a staff. Still don't think he'll look as sexy as mech though! heh! Keep spinning boys!

Tarrie. Lonely but never alone. Alive but dead inside. Violently happy.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i find girls just make poi look good, it dosnt matter if its just a weave, they still manage to make it look good.... we men have to try harder and learn all sorts of baffeling moves, which i find slightly unfair.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

F¥ÅÐån©ë®FË{¥}ãÉmember
10 posts

Posted:
its all about how you feel and let me tell ya its prettty sexy for me i love it i love to spin poi and get down and feel all that fire around me and in me.....

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Deimos:
However, there are some people I've seen spinning who do that super annoying bit where they just do one move (say, 3 beat weave) really rigid and reeeally fast and it just makes me want to cover my eyes and run screaming.
haha, it always goes back to that night doesn't it?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Custom Bug:
ooh.... dummies at dawn! I think Fire Dancing Fairy needs a Fairy Chill Pill.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
AAAAHH HAHAHAH...... aaa I love cleaver wit. For real though. There is nothing I find sexier then a chick who can spin. Alot of moves are not as importaint to me as is grace of movement.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

ZejBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Maybe I'm immature. Maybe I'm just a teenage guy with hormones flaring but here's my most humble opinion on the subject.

First off, in my experience, most female spinners are rather well built physically and based on that alone I would probably be attracted to them.

Now why do I like women rather than men? Women have a physical form more aethesticallty pleasing to me. Their gradual subtle curves are a turn on for me. I find them to be attractive in a sexual manner. I think it may be innately instilled to me that the cradual curves of a women are pleasing to my eyes. So when I see a women creating more curves in the air with fire, using a supreme example of an attractive collection of curves in her own bodies motions; I'm going to be turned on.

To me it makes sense on many levels.

Disrespect to the fire? Screw that, fire is a creator and a destroyer. Think about the origins of fire dancing in some aborignal tribes where its a mating ritual. Or certain savannah and desert plants that need to be born through fire. Fire is a sexual thing to many cultures. Show some respect to your fellow humans.

And on a personal note, when I see a hot girl check me out spinning I love it, i thrive off of it. When someone admires me for something like it i take it as a compliment, not an insult.

~Zej

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Well, I dont know anyone besides myself that spins poi. Ive only seen 1 female twirling at a club once and she didnt induce the slightest bit of eroticism in me whatsoever. She was a large black chick and was spinning glowsticks so that doesnt really say much (she was damn good though).

Honestly, if I ever saw a girl spinning fire Id probably marry her on the spot.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Being a leo... I don't like people watching me spin...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
arsn you are so full of it...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
I totally agree...when I see a guy twirling and dancing with fire I find it highly erotic.

There is this one guy who I have been watching since he started (we started poi at the same time)...now first of all he is attractive to say the least...but when he first started it was like "holy shit stand back or get hurt"

Now I watch him and he has advanced so much and it is so amazing to just sit and stare in wonder.

He makes the poi look amazing and I find I can watch him for hours...it maybe him or it maybe his skill but I truly think it is a combination of both that I find intrguing and erotic.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I'd rather people watched me than throwing stones at me.

It's nice to watch many people, to be honest, and I wish I could spin more like some of them, because some of those people, not mentioning any smallboys, colemans, bambams, hels, doms etc make it look so easy and fluid.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
yeah.... poi women....

bams, hels, dfq, sunbeam, lolli...

sorry where was i?

oh yes,

well im with my current GF afta she saw me with fire poi at reclaim the beach (ah the memories) and decided to hunt me, which i am forever grateful to her for doing...
yeh and ive pulled at other times from spinning on stage.
poi rules...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
originally posted by fire dancing fairy..in the either/or thread
quote:
Hehehehehe
Sexy Pixie men ... but I love my fairy sisters! Oh! Too difficult to choose...

Im getting confused here I thought that you wernt into pervy stuff?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't say thats pervy. I was just saying in that thread the word 'sexy'... in this it referred to the term 'erotic' and it involved, to my perception, observing other people. I wasn't saying that I didn't find the opposite attractive... I never said that! Isn't it ok for me to say such an innocent comment as 'sexy pixie men' in refernece to fairies and pixies?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Valura:
originally posted by fire dancing fairy..in the either/or thread
quote:
Hehehehehe
Sexy Pixie men ... but I love my fairy sisters! Oh! Too difficult to choose...

Im getting confused here I thought that you wernt into pervy stuff?

Hasn't Fire Dancing Fairy explained why she posted what she did?!?! Now folks are pulling posts from other threads just to prove their 'rightness' or her 'wrongness'?!.....Jeeeesus..put it to bed guys don't you have anything better to comment on?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Sex and Poi?!

yes please!

sexy yes...

I think thats my views pretty summed up!

hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

AustinBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
It depends a lot on the speed of the spin. The slower it is, the more erotic it is. I don't find fast spins erotic really at all more intense. As for glowsticks they dont bare any erotic side at all(in my humble opinion)

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
and I think it's all besides the point. in my opinion it's not just the spinning issue here.

I basically believe that anybody doing anything well, will make this person more attractive. that is the reason why so many people fancy rock-stars (or even movie stars). spinning poi or staff is in the same catagory.

I got together with my ex-GF because we were whole-heartedly discussing our art projects before we got together and just our energy over this made us fall in love. so appearently just seeing somebody completely go for something with all their energy, works the same way for me...

hmmm... I wonder what would happen if I'd meet a girl that is a good poi/staff spinner and a good musician and a good artist... I think you could just carry me away!

eric pOpsteric.

PS: and a vegetarian and a...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

drunkenmonkmember
12 posts

Posted:
Aaaaah girls doing Poi, not sexy, more a thing of beauty and grace for me. I live for the day when I see my perfect woman lost in a world of 5 beats, wraps and flutterbys all in perfect time with a beautiful song. "marry me hunni, I LOVE you" will be the only thing going through my mind, whilst she smiles at her boyfriend and he smiles at me.
But then again Im a monk, what do I know about sexy eh?

The Drunken Monk of Funk

F¥ÅÐån©ë®FË{¥}ãÉmember
10 posts

Posted:
u boys are lucky.... id like to say that as a sexymama i feel totally strong and feirce when i fire dance... i think its attractive to see a woman feeling and looking strong...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Originally posted by Custom Bug
quote:
Now folks are pulling posts from other threads just to prove their 'rightness' or her 'wrongness'?!....
Oh puhleeze, I was hardly doing that.
As you can see I included the confused smiley due to the fact thats I was just that...confused.The two posts were completly polar oppersites in content. I know fire dancing fairy on a personal level and I was far from attacking her, I was asking for clairficaion, which she promptly gave and I was quite happy with that. (hence the fact that I hadnt posted anything else)
Then you have made the post out to be something sinister and that I was trying to make myself 'Right' and her 'wrong?'
I dont believe in right or wrong, I believe in what IS.
The fact that I didnt post that in the either or thread and pulled it to this thread is because I would be guilty of thread hi-jacking if I had done so in the either or thread, and would have made the thread completly off topic. Please dont assume Im a nasty person becasue I am far from it, and I feel that I have every right to ask FDF what the siutation is. I respect her as a person because shes lovely, and she is an intelligent person and knows Im not attacking her. In fact considering the rest of this thread Im FAR FROM attacking her.

Edit for really dodgey spelling.

[ 25. October 2003, 11:44: Message edited by: Valura ]

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
So here's a story for y'all. I was spinning at a party since getting back to England, with a group of people who'd never seen it done before. One of the girls approached me, and said outright that she found it really erotic. I said something shy and lame, like:

"Oh, er... good... I'm... er... glad you like it"

At this point I was standing with the wicks lit, but hadn't started spinning as I'd seen her coming toward me. And then she put her hand down my trousers and started, er... exploring. With the wicks lit I was worried about pushing her hand away in case I hit her with the fire, but I sort of stumbled awkwardly backwards.

The moral of this story is: some people definately find it a big turn on.

When I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about someone's attempt to have sex whilst spinning. Now there's a challenge...

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hmmm...... odd.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Page: ...