Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Name: Myst(Eric)Sex: maleAge: 19 Taurus/GeminiLocation: Oceanside CaliforniaToys: Glowstix since march 2001, and fire poi.Occupation: Mall employeeHobbies other than obvious: SkateboardingFavourite Colour:black,red,white,yellow,purpleFavourite animal: CatsRight handedEric[This message has been edited by Myst (edited 07 November 2001).]

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name(s): Diana, Miz KiannaGender: FemaleWestern Astrology: Virgo Sun, Virgo-Leo Rising, Taurus MoonTaoist Astrology: Red (Yang Fire) Horse Location: San Fran, CA USAURL: www.thompsonart.com/fireSkills: torch spinning, poi, fire transfer, fire eating. I'll spin glow, too. Oh, yeah, and I'm getting back into vocal music. Been playing since: March 1999Hobbies other than the obvious: gardening, rock climbing, graphic/web design. Oh, and I'm a kich-ass dry-waller. Favorite arts organization: ArtSF www.artsf.org

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Name: Kat (Kathryn)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done! damn, all set to reply yes please!)Age: 25Location: Akita, Japan (soon to be London, England)Toys: poi (fire, comet) Been twirling for: 1 yearOccupation: working for planning bureau of 6th World Games.Hobbies other than obvious: reading, snowboarding, karate, painting,singing!Favourite Colour: green at the moment (I'm fickle and my fave colour changes regularly) Most viewed Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany's/Withnail & IMost read book: Wuthering Heights, The Enchanted Faraway TreeFavourite Quote/Saying: "What fucker said that"Best twirling related moment in life so far: Lighting up for the 1st time------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Name: Ade (short for Adrianne)Astrology: AriesSex: femaleAge: Still coming to terms with the fact I'm 30 blushLocation: Sydney, AustraliaToys: staff, poi (fire, sparkler and glow) and I'm just beginning to learn how to juggle. Been twirling for: 3ish yearsOccupation: By day, mild mannered staff development librarianHobbies other than obvious: fishing, bushwalking, camping, drawing, reading, growing bromeliads, bird watchingFavourite Colours: red and blackMost viewed Movie: Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw MassacreLooking at me, you wouldn't guess: I'm a qualified cricket umpire Favourite Quote/Saying: Hey flash, whilst I follow the rede, it's not my favourite saying, I'd probably say mine was: "I'm going out now, and I could be gone for some time"Best twirling related moment in life so far: When I first learnt I felt like I was connected to the universe, I had a truly intense and cosmic experience which I will remember forever.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Name: Charles DolbelSex: MaleAge: 26 (and getting younger)Location: Auckland, New ZealandURL:Toys: all fire staffs/double staff, fire sticks, juggling balls, juggling clubs, fire clubs, unicycles (2 so far), diablos (2), cigar boxes, balloons (yeah i do go on don't I...)Been Firedancing (i prefer "Firedancing" to "twirling") for: about 1.5 yearsOccupation: Entertainer (and day job = marketing)Hobbies other than obvious: Reading, poetry readings, english tuition, chess, tennis, badminton, etc.Favourite Colour: Red Most viewed Movie: Aliens or Ace Ventura - Pet Detective.Favourite Quote/Saying: "I like dogs, dogs are my favourite people."Best twirling related moment in life so far: I did a few minutes of busking before a performance by another group (many of whom are much better than me and been doing fire for years more) and during their performance the audience asked me if I was their teacher! LMAO, told them i wasnt that they were heaps better than me but the crowd didnt believe me! Talk about an ego trip...*** For performances in NZ, contact is 021 440 452***[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

BrainchileBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
Name: Brainchile (pronounced just like Brainchild . . . or just Marc)Age: 20Sex: MaleLocation: SydneyToys: Poi, Single staff (rarely double), meteor.Been Twirling since late 2000.Occupation: Student/Outdoor EquipmentHobbies: Rock Climbing, Jazz Guitar, Building weird circus toys.Favourite movie: Blade Runner (maybe?)Where and When(I think this could be kewl so we can find each other or find places that people are practising near us): Monday nights, Library Lawn, UNSW.[This message has been edited by Brainchile (edited 29 June 2001).]

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
name: Tony (TOUCH)sex: Maleage: 19location: London, EnglandURL: tonytouch@notboring.comtoys: poi/fire meteor staffbeen spinning for: 2 yearsocupation: not yet!Hobbies: Doofing(raving)/playing guitar/chillinfavourite colour: orange (closely followed by purple)favourite quote: consider the future, respect the past, but live for the present.astrology: Geminifavourite animals: catsbest twirling moment so far: the point where I discovered that the only limitation on my poi dancing was that in my mind. (anything is possible, you just have to think of it first)......believe me, its true!

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name: duhSex: MaleAge: 25sign: SagLocation: Adelaide SOUTH AustraliaToys: um - Poi, Single / double staves, juggling balls.Been twirling for: about 1.5 years hardyaka, 4 years (if you include my total slack period)Occupation: Webdeveloper / professional Time wasterHobbies other than obvious: Travelling, reading email, reading, computer games, Martial Arts, body boarding, snow boarding, wind surfing, cooking(!), Doofing. Favourite Colour: I actually think all colours are great, when viewed in the right context. having said that - I love UV colours under intense UV light (good context). Most viewed Movie: Blade Runner / Aliens / Big Trouble in Little ChinaMost overused Quote/Saying: Shite, siiiiiick maaate, what the *fuck* is that???!? Best twirling related moment in life so far: hmm hard to tell...although twirling at the Wick Effects' party (fire in the hole) is defnitely up there. Twirling with my gf on the beach at night with noone around...Twirling under the bridge with a bunch of friends and a bunch of Drums...Twirling at my Dads 50th in front of all his friends, and seeing the look of pride in his eyes afterwards smile Josh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 29 June 2001).]

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Name: Eyestorm/Moogoo/MTG/BrendanSex: MaleAge: 18Location: Toronto, Ontario, CanadaURL: none really.Toys: GS poi, pewter minitures... tongueBeen twirling for: a monthOccupation: bumHobbies other than obvious: reading, miniature wargaming, painting, etc.Favourite Colour: blueMost viewed Movie: SPACEBALLS!Favourite Quote/Saying: "Never ask the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, each of which is true and horrifying to know." -Inquisitor Czevak, Warhammer 40KBest twirling related moment in life so far: When I got the five-beat-weave! grin

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Name: should be kinda obviousSex: MaleAge: almost 20 smilelocation: Syracuse NY URL: does email count?Hobbies: video games, rollerblading, D&D reading, sleep, (as well as other things that require a bed grin grin )Toys: staff, contact juggling, poi, glowsticks, and I have recently added fire to my list.Most viewed movie: Brandon Lee's epitaph- The CrowOcupation: Enviromental activist (ah yeah!)favorite quote: ah hell I have way to many to just pick one...------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
Name: Girl From Mars (aka, flaming car girl or Laurie)Sex: Female? (lets just say physically female, the rest is debatable)Age: 20Location: SyracuseToys: i could make this very interesting, but i'll spare you and just say poi and diabolo.Been twirling for: alittle over a yearOccupation:graduate, file girl, searching for real jobHobbies: video games, beat up my boys, watch movies, go to raves, hang with my boys and look at penthouse when we get bored.Favorite color: yellowMost viewed movie: hackers, liar liar, and soon to be tomb raiderFavorite quote: "forget the loofa i got the monkey"~me in the shower.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Name: Brian TaiNick(s): TaiGuySex: MAge: 14Location: Yorktown, VA, USAURL: https://www.taiguy.comToys:
Glowstix, Devil Sticks, Diabolo, and my Rubik's Cube (NEthing that's plastic, in the shape of a cube, and can turn in 2 directions is hella cool!, i can get it in under 2 minutes now too! ^_^ )Been twirling for: Few MonthesOccupation: Student, Rising SophmoreHobbies other than obvious: Tennis, Swimming, Table Tennis (aka Ping-Pong), lowering my Rubik's Cube time, website design, fishing (somewhat), goofing around ^_^Favourite Colour: Black and White, the ultimate fashion colors, they go with everything! winkMost viewed Movie: The MATRIX (sad to say, but i can quote every line in the movie smile)Favourite Quote/Saying: "Yo foo der rein kuh-E toaw can zi gee, ing wey chee luh oonh chong"Best twirling related moment in life so far: They're all good, "Good Times, Good Times" wink

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
Name: ShannaSex: female Age: 19Starsign: libra/scorpio cuspLocation: Sunshine Coast, AustraliaToys: fire poi, ribbon poi,Been twirling for: 5 monthsOccupation: art studentHobbies other than obvious: bellydancing, camping, art, my herb gardenFavourite Colour: brownMost viewed Movie: the labyrinthFavourite Quote/Saying: limitation is a creation of the mindBest twirling related moment in life so far: i love twirling in the park with my friends. we dance, twirl and play drums. we do this every thursday night in Coolum, Lions Park. 8:30pm come along if you're in the area. smile[This message has been edited by Amber (edited 29 June 2001).]

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Name ~ Jeff, XochidanceAge ~ 21Location ~ Tampa, Fl, USSign ~ Taurus, all the wayToys ~ Comet, Stix, Fire, Staff (barely), FlagsBeen centrifugal dancing 5 months, fire 2 weeksOccupation ~ Ack... student/m-f 8 hour days at a boring jobHobbies ~ Rollerblading, Chess, Reading, Making poi/creations, Internet, Cooking, Music music music, Fencing, Pool, Darts...Favorite color ~ Sunrise and sunsetMost viewed movie ~ The Princess BrideMost read book ~ Shogun by James Clavell!!!!Well liked quote ~ 'Life is what happens while you are making other plans.' - John LennonBest twirling memory so far ~ My first fire performance... wink grin smile tongue cool shocked------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce[This message has been edited by Shibaki (edited 29 June 2001).]

Wow

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
Name: Plazma, Mr. Glowstuff, LanceSex: MaleAge: 16 this AugestLocation: Manitowoc, Wisconsin (I love Cheese! What can i say!?) tongueURL: plasma_master55@yahoo.comSign: Virgo Toys: poi, glowsticks or better put glowing anything!, alien stuff, slinky's, Nintendo, anything that blinks, smurfs, duct tape!!, and my blender!!! grinBeen twirling for: almost 6 months (straight)Occupation: Umpire, (soon as i can find someone to hire!) performer, soon to be... Chip n' Dale! grinHobbies other than obvious: listening to music, making money by any means short of selling my body...and drugs!, nintendo, reading Physics Text books (i just love it!!!), raving, (if you wanna call it one) hangn' with friends, and being nice to everyone I can! Favourite Book: Fusion, The Power of the Stars Revealed, and College Physics 7th Edition.Favourite Colour: Neon Pink (I'm strong in my masculinity!) winkMost viewed Movie: Lately, probally Gone in 60 seconds, the Matrix, and in the future...The fast and the furious! Favourite Quote/Saying: i have two.1.) Listening to others, considering well what they say, Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating.2.) Whoever denies me it shall not trouble me, Whoever accepts me he or she shall be blessed and shall bless me. (i'm not really religious, but the point is clear) Oh!!! and N8's signature! wink Best twirling related moment in life so far: The school talent show! what can i say! what's more nerve racking than performing infront of 1200 of your peers (for the first time on top of that!), and actually pulling off a REALLY good performance! That and the compliments i got after the show from all those people that USED to think you were gay! --> grin <--------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master![This message has been edited by Plazma (edited 29 June 2001).][This message has been edited by Plazma (edited 29 June 2001).]

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
NAME: MelissaEMAIL: firefanmadame@yahoo.comSEX: femaleAGE: 21LOCATION: Bellingham, Washington (but soon i'll be in Hilo, Hawaii)TOYS; Fire fans are my tool of choice, large ostrich feather fans, fire fingers, poi.HOW LONG: Fire fans for the past two years, feather fans for six yearsOCCUPATION: Student, interdisiplinary major entitled "exploring nature with an artist's eye's and a scientist's curiosity." It is a combo of environmental Science (ecology,botany, marine bio) Environmental Sociology (like ecofeminism) studio art, and teaching. HOBBIES: Art, being with nature, bees, anything else that tickles my curiosityFAVORITE COLOR: Terra Cotta Red, the irridecent colors on a Nerididae sea worm.MOST VIEWED MOVIE:The Flight of DragonsFAVORITE BOOK: Clan Apis, a graphic novel on beesMEMORABLE SPIN: Dancing naked with my fans aflame to the soulful sounds of a trombone while at burningmanFAVORITE QUOTE: "Moving like water, breathing out fire, this shedding skin reviels my desire. As the flower falls the fruit appears, oh sun of fire burn away these fears. "-sky cries mary

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
NAME: Mikey BEMAIL: twirly@kittensdirect.comSEX: MAGE: 33 1/3LOCATION: Oxford, UKTOYS; fire poi (single loop, chain, tube wick), fyrefly poi, often with glowsticks clipped to the cables, other assorted poiHOW LONG: a yearOCCUPATION: software engineerHOBBIES: twirling, t'ai chi, motorcycling, walking, guitar, readingFAVORITE COLOR: greenMOST VIEWED MOVIE: Dr StrangeloveFAVORITE BOOK: The Old Man and the SeaMEMORABLE SPIN: New Year with friends in the snow.FAVORITE QUOTE: the Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
NAME: GuillaumeEMAIL: houba.hop@nomade.frSEX: MAGE: 22LOCATION: Brest(BZH)-FranceTOYS: fire poi (cable, tube wick), diabolo(fire-phospho),juggling balls (fire-phospho)HOW LONG: poi (2 month),jugglings balls(1 year),diaboolo(2-3 years)OCCUPATION: software engineerHOBBIES: bodyboarding,juggling,walking,nature,cooking,musik(rock,world,tekno... must be loud & energetic),girlfriend grinFAVORITE COLOR: blueFAVORITE MOVIE: Amelie Poulain (Jean Pierre JEUNET)-The Big Blue (Luc Besson)FAVORITE BOOK: Lord of the rings & The AlchemistFAVORITE ALBUM: Le bien être et la paix (Mass Hysteria) - Sirius 23(Spiral Tribe)MEMORABLE SPIN:Yesterday night, fire poi on the seashore FAVORITE QUOTE: 'Le plus amène le plus' -Mass Hysteria

o]-[DasK]-[o

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Name : Cassandra / DanaéSex : FemaleAge : 26Location : Paris, FranceToys : Poi and now starting with staff and and club juggling/ twirlingHow long ? : 9 monthsOccupation : Communication , that's my job, travelling, that's my life...Hobbies : Aikido, massage, belly dancing, cooking, hugging friends, meeting people, learning, smiling ...Favourite movie : "Hana Bi" (Kitano), "Wings of Desire" (Wim Wenders), "The Idiots" (lars Von Trier) , "Run, Lola Run" (damn good crazy german techno film... can't remember the director's name right now, anyone help ? ..... yeah, Merci Dask : Tom Tykwer )Favourite book : "Zorba the Greek" (Kazantzakis), Tao Tö King (Lao Tseu), Harry Potter smile and some French Frog's books ....Favourite music : There is a music to every mood, be it humpback whales songs, hardrock, techno or classical music...Favourite quotes : Whatever happens happens for good... and what does not kill you can only make you stronger ... Every person has value and everyone has a shine...Best Twirling related moment so far : When all of a sudden I stopped just being technical about my spinning but just let music touch my soul and start to actually dance for hours...Shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 06 February 2002).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
What a cool thread.Name: Mark, MIC Rulz (on other forums)Sex: MaleAge: 25Location: Rochester, NY, USA. It's south of the middle of Lake Ontario.URL: https://cherrie.dyndns.org/micToys:
My truck, my computers, my camera, Pele *ahem* grinBeen twirling for: Actually I don't. But sometimes I spin my keys. Pele says I'm afraid to try because I'm afraid I'll be good at it. I think she may be right.Occupation: document writer for Xerox.Hobbies other than obvious: Video games, putting up with Pele.Favorite Color: silver (And I removed the U from color. I speak American.Most viewed Movie: Kevin Smith movies (I wanna see Clerks again), Goonies, Spaceballs (these 2 I can almost quote the entire movies), Rad (but I can't find it any more frown )Favorite Book: Read? I've only read 1 book all the way through "The coo-coo's egg" and I think I spelled the title wrong.Favorite Music: I'm into the '80s hair bands, Van Halen. Some of the new rock is good too. Limp Bizkit, and some others I don't know the names of. Metalica's S&M had such power behind it.Favorite Animal: Dogs. I want a Husky some day.Favourite Quote/Saying: (It's in my sig as of this writing) "Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?" There's something so cynical yet comical about it. It makes me laugh.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I've been taking some nice pics and I'm proud of myself for figuring it out. I'm proud of Pele for making this fun thing into a business.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"[This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 11 January 2002).]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Name: BrandenSex: MaleAge: 20Starsign: Virgo (21 here I come! yay!)Location: Dacula, GA (30 mins. north of Atlanta)Toys: Poi, glowsticks, liquid lights, and very soon: fire! smileBeen twirling for: 2 monthsOccupation: Corporate whore in the summer, student fall+springHobbies other than obvious: Swimming or any water sport, billiards, clubs + raves, dancing, making my car do absurd things, and making my car more capable of doing more absurd things.Favorite Color: BlueMusic Preference: Anything but country and disco! Right now, though, I'm addicted to Oakenfold and AcostaMost viewed Movie: the Boondock SaintsFavorite Books: Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence, Prince of TidesFavorite Quote/Saying: "There are no bad experiences in life, just good experiences disguised by the misconception of a very valuable lesson."Best twirling related moment in life so far: Handing some glowsticks on strings to a child and watching his eyes light up when he pulled off a reverse over-the-head butterfly. I'm sure his best moment was watching my jaw drop when he did it. smile

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Name: Superman (drew) "last son of Kripton"Sex: I are maleAge: 26Location: Houston TexasURL: NoneToys: Glowsticks, Comets, a little staffBeen twirling for: 9-10 monthsOccupation: Auto CADBest traits: Not much can get me down, my sense of humor is beyond that of any mortal man. I am always there for my family. (my friends are my family)Hobbies: Spending "quality time" with my new wife (wink wink nudge nudge)Martial Arts, Comic Books, Stand up comedy..(watching others laugh gives me a warm tingly feeling right where it counts), Helping Others, Lifting, Video Games, Movie Nut, Basket Ball Freak, Dominoes, music, old BMX racer, CamarosFavorite bands: Metallica, Aerosmith, The Doors, neil Young, DJ Screw, Snoop Dog(Guilty Pleasure): George MichealFavorite heros: Superman, Wolverine, Conan..Favorite Ice cream: dutch chocolateFavorite food: ItalianMost hated food: any type of beanFavorite "pg" rated bodily function: nothing beats a good urine in the morningFavorite Book: Hobbit, Lord of the RingsFavourite Color: Superman Red Yellow Blue, black, greenFavorite Smiley: grinMost viewed Movies: Star Wars Trilogy, All Bruce Lee's Films, The Crow, Monty Python, Blazing Saddles....i got too many (Guilty Pleasure): Disney movie junkieFavorite T.V. shows: Simpsons, Friends, My Wife & Kids, Drew Carey(Guilty Pleasure): Alley Macbeal- never missed an episodeFamous person I admire: Arnold SwarzeneggerFavorite Quote/Saying: "only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, where to go"-unknown "it is like a finger pointing away to the moon...DOnt concentrateon the finger or youll miss all that heavenly glory"- Bruce Lee"we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream"-Willy Wonka"NO! try not! Do or do not, there is no try."-YodaBest twirling related moment in life so far: Its all been awesome. The experience as a whole has been my favorite part. But!!! My best twirling moment will be when i LIGHT UP for the first time. I just need the equipment, and a spotter. I am ready.and i enjoy long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners, and teddy bears..SupermaN------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka[This message has been edited by Superman (edited 30 June 2001).]

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
Name: ClaireAge: 26Sex: FLocation: Jersey CI (it's sort of between the UK and France)Email: clairebher74@webwombat.com.auToys: Fire & comet poi, spinning clubs and experiments with fibreopticsHow long: 2 1/2 years Occupation: Banking administrator @ parttime club/bar managerHobbies, apart from the obvious: music, dancing, walking, rockclimbing, partying,reading and camping in my vw vanFavorite Colour: well two actualy, Orange and greenFavorite Movie: Dark Crystal and Labarynth (anything with puppets in.Favorite Book: "stranger in a strange land" -Robert e Heinlen, "yarrow" Charles De Lint.Most Memorable Spin: Summer Solstice 2001, when we camped out on a headland and spun/twirled as the sun went down and were still going for it when it rose again.Favorite Quote:"when you feel lost and confused, lie on your back with your legs in the air. Things almost always look better from a new perspective"love & Light xxx

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

Theomember
19 posts

Posted:
Name: The OSex: mailAge: 18Location: Christchurch, New ZealandOccupation: student of ChineseToys: 1 battered firestaff (soon to make more)Been Spinning: 6 monthsOther Hobbies: powerlifting, sk8ing, jiu jitsu, doofing, tramping, living... Favorite Colour: orangeFavorite Movie: MolomFav Music to Spin to: Drums/NatureFav Music: DubFav Book: anything by Dr. Suessum, what else,Quotes of the Week: "Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends""All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet, what a fool i was to defy him" Best Twirling Moment: spinning for 5 hours at Winter Soulstice a week or 2 ago

That is perfect. This is perfect. Perfect comes from perfect. Take perfect away from perfect, the remainder is perfect. May peace and peace and peace be everywhere. :)

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
Name: (Tall) PaulSex: MaleAge: 24Occupation: Geek (Computer rather than circus.)Toys: Poi, MeteorsOther Hobbies: Oil Painting, SculptureBest Poi Moment: Reuniting with an old friend and lit poi this week.

edlomember
21 posts

Posted:
Name: edlo (Ed)Sex: maleAge: 27Location: San FranciscoToys: poiBeen twirling for: 9 monthsOccupation: pencil pusherHobbies other than obvious: reading, dj, golf, snowboarding, bodyboardingFavourite Colour: blue Most viewed Movie: GoldfingerFavourite Quote/Saying: Embrace and perpetuate constant change

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Name: Peter (a/k/a pj, poiboy, jesus)Sex: maleAge:32Sign: Scorpio (and how!)Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USAURL: www.calefaction.orgToys: poi (fire, glowstick, LED, streamer) single staff, learning double staff and diabloBeen twirling for: poi: six months, single staff: two months, diablo two weeks, double staff: just a few days.Occupation: private geek for hireHobbies other than obvious: computers, electronics, motorcycles, target and action pistol shooting, hiking and camping, sailing, beer, movies, recreational chemistry and poi construction.Favourite Colour: paisleyFavorite food: sushiFavorite book: Catcher in the RyeMost viewed Movie: difficult to say. probably Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.Favourite Quote/Saying: Do you mind if I play with your hair? (heard, not said)Best twirling related moment in life so far: Spring 2001 at Assateague beach. At 4AM saturday morning, the drum circle arround the campfire on the beach completely gelled. I grabbed my poi, lit up, and went into a trance that was unequalled with or without chemical assistance. (although, this *may* have been surpassed by other recent events...)-p.

JeannieGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
Name ~ Jean Marie, or just JeannieAge ~ 20URL ~ https://www.geocities.com/jeanniebrat/Location
~ Miami Beach, FL, USASign ~ Capricorn, and all that goes with it. Except for the "highly organized" part. There's days when I can't find the carpet for all the shtuff cluttering up the floor.Toys ~ A pair of tennisball link chain poi that I made six days ago. Occupation ~ Soon to be ex-student, soon to be full time flight attendant... Anybody want a peanut?Hobbies ~ Reading, Writing poetry, Making my MIDI creations (digital music) on my keyboard/computer, Resting between poi practices by going on the Internet, Playing games with my only two Miamian friends. Favorite color ~ What an incredibly unfair question! How am I supposed to pick a favorite? Umm... I guess Rainbow. wink Most viewed movie ~ Amadeus, and LabyrinthMost read book ~ "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein. Well liked quote(s) ~ "If you don't like the way I drive, then get the hell off the sidewalk!" "She said, 'Thank you for saying all the things I never do.' I said 'The thanks I get is to take all the shit for you. It's nice that you listen. It'd be nicer if you joined in. As long as you play their game, girl, you're never gonna win.'""You don't have to be a supermodel to do the animal thing, you don't have to be a super genius to open your face up and sing.""I am not a pretty girl, that is not what I do. I ain't no damsel in distress, and I don't need to be rescued. So put me down, punk. Wouldn't you prefer a maiden fair? Isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere? But what if there are no damsels in distress? What if I knew that, and called your bluff. Don't you think every kitten figures out how to get down, whether or not you ever show up?""Love is a piano, dropped from a four-story window, and boy were you in the wrong place at the wrong time."Personal Goddess ~ Ani Difranco! From which all of the above quotes (except the first one) are derived. If you have never heard of her, go grab one of her many CDs and listen. Best twirling memory so far ~ Spinning for two hours, only to have the Weave click into place right as I'm about to give up. What a rush! And then realizing that in a few months, I'll be able to do this with fire... Iiiieee!! grinDominant hand ~ I'm left-handed. ------------------There's a requiem, a new congregation; and it's telling me: "Go forward and walk under a brighter sky, every move glowing like a firefly." ~*Delerium*~

É preciso amar as pessoas como se
Não houvesse amanhã.
We must love as if there was no tomorrow.

lunaphoriaBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Name : lunaphoria / SamSex : MaleAge : 46 (& 19!)Location : Christchurch, New ZealandBlue eyes. Long blonde hair. Pagan.Toys : Starting with staff and soon to aquire fire poi. How long ? : ... only a couple of months ...but always been in awe of the magic of fire.Occupation : Making life a creative adventure!...I do work a few days a week to pay the bills but nothing worthy of mention.Hobbies : Surfing, walking, massage, meeting people, Taking photographs, reading, learning, smiling ...(I smile a lot!)Favourite movie : At the moment its "Himalaya" Favourite book : Appaloosa Rising Favourite music : A huge and varied range but a special fondness for 60's/70's German electronica, classic dub (Scratch, Tubby, etc), Salmonella Dub, Pitch Black, ShapShifter, ...much, much more.Favourite quotes : He slept the sleep of the just....the just plain tired!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'll play along.Name: AdamSex: MAge: 35Coordinates: 30.27° N 97.74° WToys: Fire poi. Interested in staff and fire-swordsHow long: 6 monthsJob: Freelance Japanese translator. Sideline making firedancing equipment.Interests: road cycling, plus the usual stuff.Sign: neonURL: https://www.crossroads.net/

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Page: ...