Forums > Social Chat > Question for the Girls... (counter-part to the topic of question 4 the boys...)

Login/Join to Participate

KorinFoxGOLD Member
24 posts

Posted:
Sooo since the other topic is discussing long hair and short hair on girls... how bout long hair on guys?? eh?? Well I myself am asian, with hair about.... maybe... about 20 inches... past my chest into the torso area... (btw im 5'3" dammed shortness...) well anyways... I get many responses from... "cut it off!!!" or "I'll shave your head!!" to people running up to me a and running their fingers through my hair... so ... what does everyone else think about long hair on guys??

Vagueness defines everything...

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Personal opinion: (note, generalised. it depends on the guy and what suits him)

Short hair
Long hair
Shaved head

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
you get people running up to you and running their fingers through your hair?????? weird.....

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Long hair on guys is gorgeous.

Long hair and a bit of stubble is even better!

Johnny Depp was dead sexy in Pirates of the Caribbean. And let us not forget Aragorn, with his rugged yet unwashed manliness. (Shame on you, if you havent read the Very Secret Diaries yet.)

E pluribus unum, baby.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
am i sensing mid summer HoP sexual tension here?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It dependes.

Dry, damaged hair on anyone is icky, and alot of people with long hair have it because they won't get it trimmed the way you are supposed to.

Sleek, shiny, long hair that is well cared for can look good on a man/woman who is shaped for it.
Mmmm...if we are going LOTR skip over Aragorn and go straight to Legolas for me...yummy.

However, some men sport short hair *really* well too, and it is very touchable.

Bald I like on people with good bald heads...Cuba Gooding Jr., Lex from Smallville, etc. Those are some sexy bald men.
(I have this strange desire to Henna a bald man's head. Anyone ever interested, let me know...kay? )

For me it is all about how you wear it...with confidence is always the best style!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE] Pele:
I have this strange desire to Henna a bald man's head.

This is so funny, I"m gonna try it at burning man.... just because.....haha

The experience of learning is living.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i just have two words Brandon Boyd (incubus lead singer) Jose Pasillas (incubus Drummer)

i am a man and i would have their kids!

HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Step (el-nombrie)

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Long hair on guys is just grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I love it, always have and always will do. Although my boyfriend is the only man in the world i find sexy with a skinhead, but im biased.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i recieved more people fondling my scalp after shaving my head (was for charity, not for fashion - my mother said i looked like an english soccer hooligan). particularly girls. they seemed to treat it like fur and always playing with it and scratching it....not that i was complaining!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
i like long and short, depends on the wearer
i also like a nice clean shave although stubble is very nice too

not too sure about shaved heads again it depends on the wearer

what are peoples views on male wigs?

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Long hair and a bit of stubble is even better!
It's good to know at least someone appreciates me

Actually whilst we're having a discussion about blokes with long hair, i was having a chat with a guy (touch?) at clapham a couple of months ago about long hair being a magnet/beacon for gay closet case guys. It's nice to know that i'm not the only one whose been groped and chatted up by more men than women since having long hair, esp when in small village pubs, where the drunk closet case guy's light up when you walk in and starts following you around. If women like it too they need to make it more obvious

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
I luuuurve long hair on guys when it's well-cared for!

My husband shaves his head now as he is receding & greying which seems to be the done thing these days.

I have an 11yr old son who has long, curly, dark, thick, shiny hair that is nicer than most girls. (He has more hair than the rest of the family put together!)

Lucky me gets to run her fingers through glorious tresses or I can play with a chrome dome!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I shaved a guy-friend's head the other day. It was sooooo therapeutic. & I love the way guys with close clipped hair or shaved heads respond to scalp massages....

but I like long hair too...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KorinFoxGOLD Member
24 posts

Posted:
well since I started it... time to start answering questions...
quote:
you get people running up to you and running their fingers through your hair?????? weird.....
heh well... yeah... and this one girl even tho she already has a boyfriend... (he had... (HAD) long hair...)
quote:
Sleek, shiny, long hair that is well cared for can look good on a man/woman who is shaped for it.
Mmmm...if we are going LOTR skip over Aragorn and go straight to Legolas for me...yummy.

hee hee... my hair is shinier than any of those people on those herbal essenses commercials... anyday... link => example.... MY HAIR!!!! (thats a pic of me in my japanese class on the last day of school....) the girl sitting behind me was playing with my hair and they got a picture of it... oh and btw I dont have much facial hair... (maybe because im 15...)
quote:
have an 11yr old son who has long, curly, dark, thick, shiny hair that is nicer than most girls. (He has more hair than the rest of the family put together!)

BUA!!!! my hair's alot nicer!!!! (heh jk...) though probably alot straighter...
(last quote now!!!)
quote:
Actually whilst we're having a discussion about blokes with long hair, i was having a chat with a guy (touch?) at clapham a couple of months ago about long hair being a magnet/beacon for gay closet case guys. It's nice to know that i'm not the only one whose been groped and chatted up by more men than women since having long hair, esp when in small village pubs, where the drunk closet case guy's light up when you walk in and starts following you around. If women like it too they need to make it more obvious

haha actually I have some bi and lesbian friends (that happen to be female and have short hair...) they say its a lesbian magnet... and then I say "that doesn't help me...." well anyways just wanted to know some stuff... (thought it would be interesting to see the answers after seeing the answers of long hair on girls...)

Vagueness defines everything...

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Having a thing about army officers and motorcycle policemen I much prefer short, but long is tolerable as long as it's cared for. Now dreadlocks, Ugh!

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
well since i started the other thread i should say my piece huh!?!

the longest i can tollerate is about shoulder length and shaggy or dreads(must be washed though otherwise yuck!!!)at teh moment i prefer short hair on guy - stubbl;y short is lovely and touchy-feely but don't do blond boys.. dunno why!(dark hair, green/blue eyes mmmmmm! ) anyone else with aparticular preferance for the hair colour??

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I personaly feel that hair length and colour depends on the person.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Senlikamember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi

i agree pink poi - long / short hair & colour depends very much on individuals & the way they carry it off.

I had a boyfriend with long hair which was very nice till he started losing most of it:( so now the jailbird look is sooo much better.

at the moment i really like the bedhead look.

SenlikaCOME TO THE EDGE - No, we will fall!COME TO THE EDGE - No, we are afraid!COME TO THE EDGE - and they came, and they were pushed, and...THEY FLEW:)

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
ok... as a bloke, and a lazy one at that, i have to say that if my hair gets any longer than about 2 inches, then it gets shawn back down! (short back and sides) This is mainly cos if its any longer i actually have to think about what it does in the morning!

nice and short is the way to go gentlemen!!

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i think nice and long or nice and short are the way forward if you never want a bad hair day. If its short you don't have any hair to worry about, if its long then as long as you wash and brush it regularly you can just stick it in a ponytail when you can't be arsed with it.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
From my point of view, it depends on the guy. I have seen guys with long hair and all I wanted to do was go shave it off. But then their are others that I would cheerfully shoot if they cut it off.

It takes a certain type of guy to pull off long hair, just like it takes a certain type to pull off bald.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Did anyone just notice that Havoc posted!! He hasn't posted for ages

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Well, i'm bald and to be honest I don't really miss having hair and

would look damn stupid with it . By the way pele. Being in India I

have my hands henna'd up on a regular basis and have contemplated

doing my head , please feel free .

:garbo:

be excellent to each other: safe:

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
what does everyone think about the mullet hairstyle?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Long hair on guys.... tried it once when I was going through my Metal Head phase in middle school. I still carry a picture of it, so that any time I think about growing my hair out again, I can just look at it, and remember why I shouldn't.

I was most deffinitly NOT the long hair type... Though I am a hippy... eh go figure.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well in two years I can grow my hair out again... while it lasts... unfortunatly my Fathers genes have overtaken my youth and MPB is trying to set in! Damn I might as well shave my head now!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
I've seen some sexy looking mullets, believe me or not. I guess it's maybe that 70's mullet look that's is appealing to me (but not the 80's hockey mullet, yuck!). The mullet still lives!........I see them lots in Northern Canada and the Prairies (that's pretty embarrassing to say of your own country.....THE MULLET STILL LIVES HERE). Oh well.

As for long or short hair, shouldn't matter if you really like the guy. I've seen sexy bald guys too.

spideymember
46 posts

Posted:
Oh, it's not just your side of the pond that the mullet survives, dear me, no. They've undergone something of a revival here... even my ubercool, irritatingly good-looking best mate seems to have lost the plot on this one.

David Beckham has a lot to answer for, if you ask me!

But what is it that means a guy can carry off long hair? Cheek bones is my best call. (Again, we're back to Legolas and Aragorn, I fear!) Your thoughts, girls?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
it doesn't all have to be cheek bones. There is this guy at work who has managed to carry off both the long and the short hair look. He has these lush glossy black curls. Then again, the definition to the face provided by the five o'clock shadow could be mistaken for serious cheekbones at a distance

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...