• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Total posts: 12
Posted:I recently sold a pair of poi to a friend who was moving out of state. I made the handles using 1/2in kevlar tape. I just spoke to him today and he told me the handles broke. I sewed the handles using kevlar thread. I forget how much thread I used, maybe a foot per handle?

I'm not sure if my sewing skills are just lacking, or maybe I just didn't use enough thread. Maybe I just sewed it completely wrong... I have no idea...

Any tips / howto's on how to make durable kevlar handles?

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8735
Posted:Not really, i would generally stand clear of kevlar handles just in case any fuel got splashed or spilled on them they could turn into another wick.
I generally use the durable nylon handles.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.