animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
OK, let's try this again...

Some people would have experienced some workshops from me at Play and southern lights festivals... these will be going deeper.

Same show, different angle:

4 x 2hour workshops.

Workshop 1 = Posture, body awareness, efficiency in movement, analysing movement, Balance.
Workshop 2 = Speed Control
Workshop 3 = Waves
Workshop 4 = Illusion disguised as Contact Juggling. Warp Drive Installation session.

Individual Workshop cost: £12
All 8 Hours Workshop cost: £40

Numbers limited to 20? Subject to change.

Venue: Antwerp Mansion, Manchester, UK

Dates: 1st and 2nd October 2011

Booking Info: Add yourself to the group or post below, inbox me, or email me Ed(AT)Ministryofmanipulation(DOT)com smile

What I will be teaching:

1 = The base code. Re-introducing people to themselves, how they move, and how to use it to our advantage. Your body is a prop too.
2 = How to stop, move slow, and move faster.
3 = Waves are more than just a dance. They go pretty deep too. I'll help you understand them better.
4 = Illusion style Contact juggling. How to hold any prop, and make it look interesting. How to keep things still, move around things, and move things. Mind over matter.

Time to wake up and see what's really going on! These techniques translate very easily to other areas of manipulation and performance. It's no longer about what the ball is doing, it's about what you are doing. no matter what prop you use, you're there... Mindful movement and manipulation. I'll install your Warp Drive, and make sure it's functioning correctly. You won't see things the same way again.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.