Forums > Help! > Fire Eating and teeth

Login/Join to Participate

xxbatdarxxGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Does anyone know how fire eating impacts fake teeth? My teeth next to my two front are fake (crowns? is there a difference? I have no idea...) and I don't want to bust them. Thanks for the info!!!!

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Have you considered asking your dentist the effects of fire on your dental work? I have heard that there are long term effects on real teeth as well, but at the moment, to you, this is this third hand information.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I don't know about fake teeth specifically (it will depend on the exact material your dentist used) but it can destroy real teeth.

Here's a fist hand account that was posted on here a few years ago: [Old link]

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
What Seye said. terribly bad for teeth and mouth generally.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i don't mind licking the wick but i don't put it in my moth or hold it in my teeth, i hear that the sudden heat differences can crack and degrade the enamel on your teeth. I know a 42yr old fire eater and his teeth are a mess but then again he is a bit of a crusty reprobate type so a lot of his dental state could be down to the lack of hygene to start with...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:
well, I just learned fire eating around 3 weeks ago and now I feel like I need to rethink the whole thing....this kinda sucks.

"All I knew was Love" - Papadosio

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
As much as I love this particular art, as a fire eater and teacher, I would highly recommend not doing it if you are concerned about the safety of your teeth. Shattered teeth, receding gums, cracks, chips, increase in cavities, loss of taste...never mind all the other copious amounts of health risks.

It's a tough call to make, but I'm sure you will come to the right decision for you. smile

hug

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

olyaevt23SILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys, I need an advice. I have a braces which I have to wear for 8 months. Can I still do fire eating? My dentist said no coz a high temperature can affect them. But I think is ok as I’m not holding it in my mouth for long time