ChainsawBaronessSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I am new to poi and got my poi about 2 -3 weeks ago. I can now do few tricks but having trouble with two beat weave. I start out in forward split time and start to cross but almost always ends up looking like the cross. I have watched meenik's video and a few others. I get the idea of it just can not do it. any ideas?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Like the cross? Do you mean with your arms crossed in same-time?

If so, it may help to cross your arms and work on spinning in split-time instead.

If you need more help, just say.

(PS: I never learned a 2bt weave, and jumped straight to 3. I only worked out 2bt afterwards, so do not beat yourself up about it too much.)

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

TJ_NJBRONZE Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
2 beat weave was the first thing I ever learned. iv shown a few people how to do it, iv always found doing it in same time slightly easyer. do a simple cross, were both arms go from there normal side of the body to the other and back. dont look cool but its the basic. also matching your hands together and just getting the feeling of the two beat weave help (where both poi are touching and following the same course). eventually you will be able to move one hand faster than the other putting them in split time. but its all trial and error. Most important, Have fun

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
One hand does not move faster. It moves sooner. If it moves faster you are getting into the bizarreness that is polyrythm spinning.

This is moot if you mean that one needs to move faster to get *into* split time, in which case you can ignore my nitpicking. But once you are in split-time, your hands move at the same speed.

TJ_NJBRONZE Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
Yes good point, it move faster to change into split time. I do however enjoy that with the two beat weave you can constantly switch between same time, split time, and every thing between which looks pretty cool. almost like the poi are playing tag, were once they catch up to each other one starts to run away again.

ChainsawBaronessSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Thank you all for your help I finely got 2 beat. I had to practice my split time and just keep learn new tricks too. again thank you to all.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Somehow missed this. Nicely done. smile