Forums > Introductions > First time caller, long time fan

Login/Join to Participate

Orphanscientist
10 posts

Posted:
Hey guys...so I started spinning poi about 3.5 years ago, starting with the tutorials from this very site. Strange it took me so long to get involved in the forums.

When I'm not spinning poi, I'm usually studying (or playing with other toys). tongue2

Glad to "meet" y'all, and happy spinning! Oh, and I don't really have any fresh videos, but here's a link to one shot last summer (don't mind the audio...I was camping with my friends):

P3ace!

...___-`-___-`-__The most common form of motion in the universe is oscillation_-`-___-`-__...

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP!

Avoid the squirrels. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wave

hello and welcome!

tell us more about yourself (we are nosey) smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Orphanscientist
10 posts

Posted:
Tehe...nosey people are my favorites. tongue2

I study physics at UW-Milwaukee, but when I'm not studying I'm being anal retentive about one of the following: my new dreadlocks, my poi spinning, my contact juggling... Academics is my main focus, despite my other interests, so I spend most of my time within equations...

,,,otherwise, I like to spend time within antispin flower pirouettes; they make me feel alive. smile

There's more to me, I'm sure...just can't think of anything now. tongue2

...___-`-___-`-__The most common form of motion in the universe is oscillation_-`-___-`-__...

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
When you fill out the questionnaire remember Nutella is the correct answer!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Ash3sSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Hello hi ubbrollsmile

I'm also new grin Welcome to the forums grin Don't listen to what they say about Aston's, they're more awesome than they look. grin

And the answer is Nutella... doesn't matter what else you like, just go with it. tongue2

Orphanscientist
10 posts

Posted:
Ok, sorry it took me a few to see this thing, but here goes:

Name: Justin

Hometown: Pewaukee

Birthday (sign?): 2/28 - Pieces

Sex: Mail tongue2

Occupation(s): Full time student, part time worker, part time manipulator...but I really like to think of myself as a scientist in training.

Favorite Food(s): I just like food in general...but pizza is supreme.

Favorite Color(s): Green, orange, and blue

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow? Depends if it's got coconuts attached to it, duh.

Toys: Poi! Getting some work done on cj and hoop, too smile

Hobbies other than the obvious: Dancing in general, I guess. I don't have too many hobbies outside object manipulation (never thought I'd say that).

Education: Going for a 2nd bachelor's. My first is in film production, but I'm currently going for physics.

Favorite Book(s): 1984, Breakfast of Champions, A Canticle for Leibowitz, The Dark Tower series, Dune...those are the few that come to mind.

Favorite Movie(s): Top 3: 2001: A Space Odyssey, Harold and Maude, and Requiem for a Dream.

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why? Star Destroyer. Huge tactical advantage being able to come in from space, stay out of Godzilla's reach, and finish him off. Still, I have the feeling the fight wouldn't really take place, as the Empire would no doubt want to capture the big G and use him against the Rebellion or the Jawas or somthing...

Favorite TV show(s): The Venture Brothers.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) I'm thinking of staying in academia and teaching at the university level. It'd give me opportunities to contribute something to research as well as teaching interested people. I think I'd be good at it.

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Pink Floyd, Tool, The Mars Volta, Pendulum, and anything that sounds good smile

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big? Perhapsolutely.

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Neapolitan.

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?* I seem to be pushed a little towards this, but I'm going with Nutella anyway...haven't tried either of the others. tongue2

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Good Job! Welcome to HoP!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Nice choice in books, and whooo for physics.

I will go back and get a physics degree if all works out at some point. smile

Ashes: If astons are more awesome than they look, then they are off the chart awesome. wink

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland