• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Social Chat > So my flowpoi are due to arrive tomorrow hat wud be the 1st basics?

Login/Join to Participate

Dark_Dancer

Dark_Dancer

Total posts: 28
Posted:So my first poi, other than the sock poi I made and that look err unbalanced, arrive tomorrow (flowpoi duo). What basics as a complete noob shud I try first?

Dancing in the Dark with a spinning light

Delete Topic

liquidtrance

liquidtrance

i dream in circles...

Total posts: 336
Posted:take it slow and easy with them (they aren't super deadly but they will hurt more than sock poi if they intersect your face)
try out basic turns, buzzsaw and butterfly to start off smile

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Delete

Dark_Dancer

Dark_Dancer

Posted:Ta muchly. Any more news on your workshops? smile

Delete

Calibud
GOLD Member since Nov 2010

Calibud

φωτιά

Total posts: 49
Posted:I would agree with the saw and the flutterby, those were some of the first things i learned, along with the 2bw or 1bw, whatever it was.

Delete

liquidtrance

liquidtrance

i dream in circles...

Total posts: 336
Posted:i'm going to be back in glasgow next week so gonna look at getting them going again by mid feb I think smile
just need to get a new venue sorted, the church hall I was using is closed for renovation smirk

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Delete

Dark_Dancer

Dark_Dancer

Posted:What about QMU up the West End, or Woodside Halls?

Delete

the3rdchild

the3rdchild

the kid down the street

Total posts: 10
Posted:I suggest butterflies, weaves and work on your planes alot, the planes are the base for everything

who are you callin wierd, you catch balls, i just swing'em

Delete

Dark_Dancer

Dark_Dancer

Posted:New toys here and assembled fire at handle end luna at other end. Nice FEDEX man had dropped them through my letter box which is great as the nearest depot is at least 45 minutes away

Delete