Forums > Social Chat > What music do you spin to???

Login/Join to Participate

XLR8SILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I have been wondering for a really long time now, what is some good spinging music. Personaly I spin to ether harcore techno, psychill or traditional djembe music smile so post what you spin to

XLR8 to the finish

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Most recently my group of spinners has been practicing to The Prodigy.

KyleG4uSILVER Member
KyleG4u
68 posts

Posted:
I spin to just about everything, it depends on what type of spin I'm doing. If I'm doing a 3 day no sleep jacked up on caffeine I listen to fast punk rock, if I'm doing a slick slow spin some reggae hits the spot, techno is always a good call, I'd recommend some benny benassi or infected mushroom. What I've been currently spinning to is Dubstep, my favorite song is the dubstep remake of chop suey by soad *even though the first time I spun to it I took a fire poi to the eye* altogether the best thing to do is play around with the music you like and even explore some music other people like and see where it takes ya

It's like when you can't remember something you get.... short term.... kidney failure, that's gotta be it, something wrong with your kidneys...
---------------------------------
Love Peace Chicken Grease, Live Laugh Love

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Dubstep (wasn't a fan of dubstep until I started hearing more grimy stuff), glitch hop, lots of bassy goodness and hip hop beats. A little psytrance sometimes.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Let's get some band names in here, I need to hear some new good music.

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
often spin to prodigy, disturbed, big bad voodoo daddy and black betty

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: meshunderlayLet's get some band names in here, I need to hear some new good music.

The Glitch Mob, Beats Antique, Bassnectar (nit grimy, still good), Bloody Beet Roots, edIT, Pretty Lights, Future Nurses... Unfortunately a lot of the best stuff I spin to I don't know the name of because it's other people's playlists and I never get the chance to ask after the artists.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Phi RemiBRONZE Member
Professional Crazy Person
3 posts

Posted:
Gimme Shelter (Zeds Dead Remix)- One of my favorites! Youtube has a download link.

(Mt. Eden)- Omen

(Kidneythieves)- S+M, Taxicab Messiah

(Shpongle)- Divine Moments of Truth, No Turn Un-Stoned, Star Shpongled Banner

(Dub FX)- Society Gates, Love Someone

(Johnny Cash)- God's Gonna Cut You Down-*really awesome beat*

Sharnie_BabieBRONZE Member
The Cat's Pajamas and the Bees Knee's Love Child
19 posts

Posted:
Love spinning to prodigy and perfect circle grin

AtrumBRONZE Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
to be completly honest, i do my best spinning to classical or smooth jazz.. hahaha

but i love spinning to slower happy hardcore, hardstyle, and select dubstep songs..

i recently started spinning meteor, and dirty electro house is the only thin i can spin it to..

"what are those things in the sky?"
"those? well those are stars, and if you look at them to long they will eat your soul"

AtrumBRONZE Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
oops, didnt see the band names part, eh, classical is self explanitory..

Showtek, Ivan Carson , Dutch Masterworks, Tuneboy, DJ Wheelz, Headhunters.. etc..

the only dubstep i like is AC Slater

the only non local electro house dj i know is Paul Anthony..

"what are those things in the sky?"
"those? well those are stars, and if you look at them to long they will eat your soul"

dandipoistranger
8 posts

Posted:
Pretty lights is good.
Halcyon by Orbital is one of my favorites.
As for artists, I'd go with Conjure One, Temposhark, Florence and the Machine, Imogen Heap, Moby, Amy MacDonald, Bat for Lashes, Dessa.
Mainstream-wise, Shakira is great fun.

"I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

FllowwBRONZE Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Anthony Fugate, Breathe Carolina, Brokencyde, Papadosio, Ekoostik Hookah, Watch out! There's Ghosts, Breathe Electric, LIGHTS
EDITED_BY: Flloww (1290764409)