Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poiboy and Charlie England Poi workshops

Login/Join to Participate

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Workshop prices:
5 for one workshop, discounts available for people signing up for more than one.
To sign up please visit this link: https://myblog.asafpoi.com/workshop-sign-up/

Me and Charlie are teaming up to give you workshops in 6 different cities in England, in each city we will do one 4 hour workshop, covering a wide range of subjects. All workshops are intended for all levels as we can teach a lot about all of our subjects, so both complete beginners and poi gurus will have something to learn. The curriculum is the same for all workshops, so if you’d like to go deeper into the subjects at one of the workshops, you can take it again in a different city and time.

Curriculum:
In each workshop there will be 4 lessons, 50 mins each, with 10 minute breaks for free practice and rest in between.

Poiboy: Throws – Throws are really fun and fit almost everywhere, learn the many different flavors of throws, isolated, antispin, float, half beats, and body throws are only some of what I’ve been exploring with throws and what I can teach.
Charlie: Flowers – This workshop will teach all sorts of different flowers, for both people who’ve never done flowers, and people who know countless variations.
Charlie and Poiboy: Contact poi – Learn how to roll your poi and your string around your body, and how to borrow moves from staff, clubs, and contact juggling and convert them to poi.
Charlie and Poiboy: Body Movement: Possibly the most important aspect of poi, or any juggling, is body movement and performance. Whether you’re performing in front of 1,000 people, or your family, knowing how to perform and how to communicate to the crowd using your body is very important. Learn how to use your body and stage to properly present your spinning, and learn how to perform as a group

See you there!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
The workshops are gonna happen in 10 days, Charlie should update the website or the facebook group with addresses for all the workshops.

Anyone who wants to sign up please use the website to do so:
https://myblog.asafpoi.com/workshop-sign-up/
or email Charlie here: charlieh.phoenix(at)gmail(dot)com

Also, the Nottingham workshop was canceled due to lack of venue.

See you there!

Asaf

Psykosisnewbie
31 posts

Posted:
Hi, im new round here. Ive just sighned up 4 the Brum workshop, just mastered the behind the back weave but carnt do anything with it. Ide also like 2 learn some flowers and isolations aswell as some throughs and some more wraps. Where will i attend the workshop?

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Psykosis,

I PM'd you back about this, but this info should be useful for most so I'll double post it here:

Charlie is the one in charge of venues, so to get info about that contact him here:
charlieh.phoenix@gmail.com

Psykosisnewbie
31 posts

Posted:
Ok,will do that. Cheers.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
The London workshop today will start at 5PM at 7 Fountayne Road, near Tottenham Hale.

Directions:
From Tottenham Hale station, exit the station and turn left, at the pedestrian crossing, cross the road towards the industrial park, walk right to the entrance to Broad lane and turn left, follow Broad Lane until it bears right - Fountayne Road is to the left, next to Nana Susie's Cafe. The workshop is at the last warehouse here.

If you're having trouble finding the place give Charlie a call:
+44(0)7708246760

See you there.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Here are the dates and locations for all the remaining workshops:
September 9th: Bristol – The Artspace Lifespace (Studio 2), Silver Street, Bristol BS1 2PY
September 10th: Birmingham – St Laurence Pastoral Centre, 173 Church Road, Northfield, Birmingham, West Midlands, B31 2LX
September 12th: Manchester – Antwerp Mansion, Kent Rd W, M14 5RF, Manchester, Greater Manchester.

All workshops start at 5PM-9PM, if you plan to come, you can sign up here: https://myblog.asafpoi.com/workshop-sign-up/
payment at the workshop is also possible.

See you there!
EDITED_BY: _Poiboy_ (1284030635)