Page:
keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
just found this video on youtube.. ive played with this idea before, but didnt know it was a thing. but they always already are somewhere in the fire universe.. ubblove

does anyone know anyone who does this? i found a site in sweden that sells them, gonna try make one first if i can get the weight right.

https://www.salza.se/inspiration.php

[image]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMVDsZrxQ7w[/image]

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

IAISISstranger
1 post

Posted:
Hello I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and was wondering if anyone knew where one could purchase a LED Glow Levi-Stick within canada ? Or Which is a good brand to go with ?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
dunno about in Canada but the best glow levi stick I've seen for sale has a link above wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

PaliGOLD Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Hi! I've been wondering: is there any established move terminology for levistick? How do levistickers discuss moves and such?

Many thanks!

Genuineness only thrives in the dark -- like celery.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
The only terminology I can think of is the fact that non-magicians call it levisticking - whereas magicians call it a dancing cane. there are names for dancing cane moves but nothing specific that I have seen for Levi stick.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

tanzende_federGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
hi everybody! I never realised that there is such a lively levistick discussion going on here...great!!

as for the intermediate/advanced inspiration...try to work with different lengths of the thread. it's a bit tricky to work with in the beginning, because you have to figure out how to balance the stick for each length, but it's totally worth it, great effect!! so you basically have one long thread and wind it up around your fingers from time to time. (or use your free hand to catch the thread and create effects with that...)
one of my fav videos as an example ;):

other than that I think it's always worth it to just experiment with the space around your body...for example try to bring moves you already know behind your back etc...I'm currently working on that, as you can see here in the first few seconds:

as for the terminology...so far I never heard of any official names for certain "moves" or anything like that...and I actually think that that is a good thing because it leaves so much space for creativity smile

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
thanks for the videos, havent seen that one if Fine... it is great almost techy levistick.. if i dare go there smile

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

e6SILVER Member
we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
45 posts

Posted:
i do some flow wand (levistick) in my latest vlog. i use a really long tether so i can do some rope dart style moves with it. hope y'all like it!

NessaSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I just got my flow wand about a week ago and absolutly love it so far, having a little trouble making my free hand look good ha ha, Im not too fond of having a black string though is there a different string i could use that wont be as visable during the day?
Ness smile

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
that looks like it would be very fun to watch shocked
EDITED_BY: Midkiff (1269680917)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Dr.BabsSILVER Member
20% more: DIET ASBESTOS©
34 posts

Posted:
these things are so much fun!

A new burner-friend let me borrow his flow wand because the string was broken and he hadn't rethreaded it.

Seriously such a fun toy, and as stated before, if you have skills with poi, levi-stick is a pretty easy step to take.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I seriously covet one of the new flowlight wands although I've not quite managed to justify the expense to myself (yet).

https://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?productid=108&cat=8&page=1

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
oooh finally glowy wand goodness... but $200 dollars for a 6 light wand, Really, thats $20 more than an 8 light staff about £130.

still may well buy 2 though wink

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Extra tech keeping it all together I suppose...

if you order it / them soon you get a charger and 6 batteries per wand: if they're any good that'll more than cover the $20.

(justification getting better)

stranger
19 posts

Posted:
hello fellow flowwanderers smile
I have a couple of questions I was wondering about...first of all, any reviews on the flowtoys ledwand yet? how do you like it and how heavy is it (approx.)?? I am planning to order one of them sometime in the future(...) ...would be great to know what you guys think about it.

what kind of string do you guys use for your flowwand/levistick? cause mine breaks on a regular basis even thought the string I use is supposed to be very strong....so I am basically looking for an alternative smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Am no expert, "dancing feather" wink the questions for LED and such need to be answered by those guys smile

What kind of string are you using now?

only if your string keeps breaking I'd suggest a thread made from kevlar... but there should be other alternatives, like Nylon or "Tiger Tail" (the stuff often used for making necklaces, it consists of a few very thin plastic coated strings of metal and quite hard to break).

But I could ask my friend who's into ls here in Berlin... btw there is a meet every tues and sunday in the VP Friedrichshain smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I use a couple of different types, normally a magicians invisible thread (which is not very strong but is very invisible) or an invisible thread strong but can reflect light as like fising line (A clear plastic) or just a good strong black nylon thread.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
I think clear thread would work the best as my one has black thread which can be seen in certain landscapes wink

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

stranger
19 posts

Posted:
@FireTom I am using a "nomex" thread...I think it is similar to kevlar, just a little softer, black and not quite as sturdy ...I have a kevlar string for my fire levistick and so far it didn't break ..not only once...but it's too visible for my liking during the daytime..
I would love to come to your gatherings in Berlin one day..I'm living in the south of germany though...but will definitely stopp by on my next trip to Berlin ...sometime in the future wink

thanks for the tips everybody..I guess I just have to try out several threads to find the perfect one for myself wink
I like the idea of an invisible thread grin ...isn't the plastic uncomfortable though for your fingers/hand?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
im Süden? Naja, da musste dann wohl bis EJC 2011 warten wink nee, gibt ja noch Leute in München, so... aber Berlin is schon megaklasse - grad im direkten Vergleich...

Maybe just color the Kevlar thread black? Spraypaint or Marker?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

e6SILVER Member
we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
45 posts

Posted:
sorry, it's blocked in Germany because of copyright issues.

stranger
19 posts

Posted:
gonna watch your vid when I visit my brother in switzerland wink...am so curious about the video!!!

here is my new one:

so excited to see so many flowwand videos go online these days!! smile

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
OMG! Ur crazy!!!!! I'm an experienced flow warrior and I had a hard time figuring out which hand the string was attached to! Will post video of myself momentarily grin

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Me with my trusty flow wand. At the end I lose my concentration and my connection with the force frown But for a literally "Made for this post" video its not bad grin

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

MowgliiPassion Flow
16 posts

Posted:
Greetings from Ohio!
I've been playing around with my wands for a short while now, I just absolutely love them. The flow-wand (or levistick) stole my heart in an instant. I have two basic wooden practice wands, and a red LED and fire wand from salza gear. The LED is a lot heavier than the others, and takes a bit getting used to.. but I love it non the less. I'm starting to post vids on youtube, but I only have a little right now. It's a little sloppy, being my first set of footage anyway. Hope you enjoy smile Fire footage soon to come!

*Mowglii*

**Mowglii**

MowgliiPassion Flow
16 posts

Posted:
Your hand movements are perfection!!!
You've really got the illusion down! I've been working on it,
but also working in the dance aspect of it, for fire dancing.
Kudos! You're great!!!

**Mowglii**

HakuraBRONZE Member
Flowing with music
2 posts

Posted:
I have a flow-wand and I want to replace the string it came with to longer string so that I can do more sting manipulation moves.

How do I go about replacing it? What string do I buy, how long should I make it and is there a special way to tie up the finger loop area?

I also have the flowlight-wand as well =) I love it sooooo much but I want to practice with a longer string on my normal one before I go about changing the string on the flowlight one =)

MowgliiPassion Flow
16 posts

Posted:
I love my Glow-wand as well!
alright, this is how I would suggest going about string replacement..
for regular and glow wands, I use the clear, almost fishing line-like
thread.. you can get it in the beading section of any craft store. I
enjoy using it because it doesn't wear and its easy to untangle. For
my firewand I use Kevlar thread. When replacing it, it's basically like
threading a needle. The LED gets tricky because the whole thing is hollow,
but luckily (with mine at least) you can see right through it and
navigate. lol. For solid wands/firewands, if it gives you any problem, I
usually just push a needle through the hole first, then take it out and
put the thread through, it helps alot. I also don't use a fingerloop. I
just tie it together at the length at I want, and put it through my
thumb. I've found it ALOT easier to switch hands this way, but it's not
ideal for vertical illusions, such as making it crawl up your hand.
Length wise, I usually keep it at the same length, my middle finger can
just barely touch the tip of the wand. I've found this extremely
convenient, control wise. The only time I use a longer thread is when
I'm using the firewand, for obvious reasons. laugh3

hope that was at least a bit helpful smile

**Mowglii**

stranger
19 posts

Posted:
a regular nylon thread should do to replace your flowwand string...
length wise it really depends what you like. you can just experiment with different lengths and see what works for you. my current levistick string equals the length of the stretch of my arms and you can easily do wraps with it and stuff. but I slowly worked my way towards this length cause the levistick / flowwand reacts differently to different lengths..balance wise ..have fun with the long string!!! smile

EDITED_BY: tanzende_feder (1282078129)

stranger
19 posts

Posted:
thank you Mowglii smile ...video feedback is awesome to work on the illusions...mirrors would be even better *hehe* wink
and yeah I also noticed that I have to focus more on dancing with the fire wand cause when most of the hand manipulations are just not visible when the fire starts to die down frown

MowgliiPassion Flow
16 posts

Posted:
Hey guysss. New rusty footage! Me experimenting with spins, and how long I could go without getting dizzy and falling off that cliff!!! tongue2

Still waiting for fire footage. *sigh*

**Mowglii**

Page: