• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:*Proceeding to whine*

In my dance troupe, we all have our litte roles we play...like the Spice Girls Tribal style, but better. And the persona's aren't forced, they are just our alter-ego's having fun.
I was tagged as being the "cute one" months ago, and no matter what I do, I can't shake it.
And I looked at photo's of some recent performances and even if I try to be all dark and sexy, it comes out "cute".

I am going to be 30 in a few months, no one ever believes me though because of this. For once, just once, I would love to be a sexpot, ya know?

Oh well, a girl can dream and I am just venting senselessly because this is a senseless musing on a way too sweltering day!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete Topic

Jello

ambiguous

Total posts: 646
Posted:*enter another cute one*

It is tough, *le sigh*, but the world needs us cute ones

The age thing is annoying though, I get alot of "So what grade are you in?" to which I usually respond, "Lets see, senior in college...13,14...I'd be in the 16th grade". I got carded for buying a lottery ticket a week ago, the guy was shocked when I handed him my 21 and up license, he thought I was 16. I've also been carded for seeing a rated R movie. Honestly I don't think I look that young, but eh, I'll keep my youth for as long as it will have me

Delete

Pele

Pele

the henna lady

Posted:Oh tell me about the carding. I went out to a party with a bunch of friends, and I was the only one who got carded. I used to be a substitute teacher and I would walk into the office and recieve the "New Student/Transfer" papers! I have even been carded for performances in clubs. I love that one. Then again, so did both my safeties! lol

Not that I am complaining. I am 100% with you on the youth thing. I really like that whole aspect. It is the "cute" thing, which it seems accompanies the youthful appearance.

So then here is the question, can us "Cute Ones" ever be sexy or are we doomed to be adorable forever without ever knowing what it feels like to be a vixen?

Pele

Delete

MiSsFrOg

Total posts: 187
Posted:thats good though pele at least you look young...
alot of women have the problem that they are young and they look like they are old.
consider yourself lucky... my mom is like that she is like almost 50 and people think that she is in her late 30s. someone actually thought my mom and i were sisters.
the thing about being the cute one, i agree with jello,the world does need cute ones ya know.
even if the word cute is something you describe a 5 year old in her pink tutu for her dance recidle.
point being... you should feel lucky for looking so young.

Non-Https Image Link

Its not easy being green....

Delete

Kaji

Kaji

Quantum Theorist

Total posts: 564
Posted:Well I think cute is sexy so I'm not sure I can help you....

Then again I'm 18 and still get carded regardless for everything...
maybe I'll just leave now

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Delete

Mistress Aurora

Mistress Aurora

Hot Schtuff

Total posts: 1032
Posted:I too get carded for buying a lotto ticket. I am 20 and the gas station attendants think I am 15 or 16 years of age. When I go swimming at the pool with my bros and the neighborhood guys(my neighborhood back home is all guys pretty much) and their friends show up, their friends don't know me too well and think I'm in high school still!

I have seen guys who look alot younger than they actually are. One of my bros looks alot younger than he actually is. He will be 16 in November and looks like he should be in Jr. High still.

But I am lucky to look younger than I actually am because when I'm older I won't look it.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Delete

arashi

arashi

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2363
Posted:i'm 29, people think i'm 22-23. finally starting to get the sexy thing, after years and years of not only cute, but the MUCH DREADED "SWEET"

but pele, you might want to stop wearing those bright pink furry slippers and tight care bear t-shirts, that might help.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:I'm not exactly what people would call cute, but I do get people mistaking me for being younger than I am occasionally.

The most amusing so far was getting on a bus, I was offered a 15 or under ticket - I'll be 24 in 2 weeks!

The way I lok at it is that it's a bit annoying at the moment, but if I still look younger than I am when I'm 50, I'll be laughing

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

Flynt
SILVER Member since May 2002

Flynt

Intrepid Penguin

Total posts: 5635
Posted:I hate to spoil your whinge Pele, but if thats all you have to complain about then perhaps your time is better spent counting your blessings instead?

Far better to be the "cute one" instead of the "ugly one" or the "freaky one".

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Delete

Astar

Total posts: 1591
Posted:I don't have anything to contribute to this thread besides this.

for all of you who have trouble buying lotto tickets, just send the money you spend on them to me instead of throwing it away. I promise 1 out of every few million times you send me money I might give you something back, like maybe a small plastic trinket.

Delete

arashi

arashi

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2363
Posted:lol @ flynt, how true...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Delete

Paddy

back from the dead...sort of

Total posts: 884
Posted:Hmmm...

Well, I don't know if I'm the only one...but to me, "cute" or "funky" girls/women are incredibly hot. Your typical "hot" girl has very little effect on me at all, unless she's also a very nice person.

Just my opinion...but either way, Pele, don't feel too bad about being called cute. You are the vixen to at least one guy, and I would imagine many, many more.

Delete

Flynt

Flynt

Intrepid Penguin

Posted:or, "the one who picks her nose", or the "smelly one", or the "short dumpy one"....

I could go on you know....

Delete

Flynt

Flynt

Intrepid Penguin

Posted:or the "shifty looking one", or the "smart-arsed one"

oh, no wait. That one's me....

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:Well, my boyfriend looked about 12 a year ago and about 13 six months ago. I'd like to think he looks 16 now but I think that's just because i am dating him!!!! He'll be 20 in a couple of months. It used to be that i would be served alcohol in any place i didn't have to be carded to get in, but with him around, well, people think he is my little brother at the best. *shakes head* It annoys him to no end to be thought of as young, but flynt has a point pele..... at least you get to be cute.,. could be a lot worse.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

Kaji

Kaji

Quantum Theorist

Total posts: 564
Posted:I don't know why but I've always been the evil one. Even in school.... I can't figure it out. I'm a pleace loving hippy who volunteers his sunday mornings at the SPCA.

*grins evily the Kero jug in the corner*

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Delete

BurningByron

Total posts: 340
Posted:I've got it good for a guy! I look much older than I actually am because of my beasty side burns and goatie, but underneith the badboy facial hair I have quite a young looking face, thus I should age slowly but while I'm 19 people assume I'm 23, except for the other week where I shaved everything off and I looked 16 again!!!

I have to agree with Flynt, better judged as cute than something worse.

The whole cute image can also work quite well for you with the guys because they love the innocent factor of the cute girls. Once you have "lured" them behind closed doors with the whole cute act, you can then comfortably unleash the "vixen"/"sexpot"/"dark and sexy" beast from within and show them what you're really about!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Delete

Tai... grrrrr

Total posts: 34
Posted:Try this one, I'm 29, look 39+ and people tell me i look creepy (usually after they get to know me). So I assume those who don't choose to get to know me just run in fear from the start . I'm realy a great guy with a great respect and love for life , but this is my curse. My point, consider yourself lucky.

Beast wishes
Tai

Strive to Love everything for exactly what it is. Even though you can never understand all the extents of anything.

Delete

BurningByron

Total posts: 340
Posted:On the plus side Dr Cloud, you look just about the right age to pick up all those desperate middle aged women who are becoming disallusioned with their lives and marriages! Well actually perhaps all men under 60 are about that age.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Delete

Nathdaninja

Total posts: 271
Posted:hehe he...what an amusing thread.

Re the cute thing, I can understand why it might get on your nerves, but seriously I think cute girls look in general more interesting and mischievous than your bog standard "fit girl". And I think that's a good thing, cute can be naughty sexpot aswell, it's not mutually exclusive.

When I was younger ~16 I used to regularly get mistaken for 27-28, which made me feel quite cool speshially when it was the fit hairdresser asking me where I worked etc...

Now I think I probably look about my age, but I think that's cos I've grown a goatie which covers my ageing face. I'm only 26 but after wearing a goatie for over a 2 years I don't know my chin anymore and it scares me if I shave it off cos it's changed shape quite a bit...mmm...maybe I should start doing chin ups or something

Here's to the cuties

N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:*enter the ugly, freaky, scary one!*

oh! fllynt what do you mean?
i ma that ungly scary one, my boss and all teh regs at the pub (white cock, blythe brigde, stoke) call me a wirdo, and pl always have done!

still i dont care, ppl know ill look after them when they need me, and thats al that matters!

there is nopoint worrying about how cute you are, its the ppl who you trust who tell you what you are, and you decide what you are!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

birdgirl
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

Total posts: 48
Posted:I have to agree that cute has its advantages, up until a couple of years ago i was getting half fare on public transport (im 28!) And im always getting carded for alcohol,in New Zealand they wouldnt serve me at all so i had to go back to the camp and get a 'grown up' to get it for me!!!!Sheer comedy of life When im 60 ill probably look 40 so i def cant complain!

spig--------Its not big and its not clever.

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:i wish i was cute...

but im just silly...so i dont count ANYTHING.

not even...um...errr...head bean counter.

Delete

Jello

ambiguous

Total posts: 646
Posted:As some people have said before, I'm more drawn to the cute ones, hot doesn't mean much to me. Cute can be darn sexy

Speaking of older people who can't shake their cuteness, what about Matthew Broderick? He's into his fourties now and still cute as ever. (dear lord he's cute ). Wonder how he feels about the subject...

Delete

Sterlingspider
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

Sterlingspider

Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.

Total posts: 128
Posted:I've looked somewhere ambiguously between 16 and 24 since I was about 14. I suppose being 5 foot 2 and having a fairly high pitched voice doesnt help either. I used to DETEST being cute but finally one day I realised that while so many other women fight tooth and nail and primp and preen to maintain their classical statuesque beauty all I have to do to be cute is be /me/.

Besides, theres no reason cute cant be dark/sexy at the same time, I'm told that my pigtail/leather corset clubbing combination is practically painful, and you would not believe the effect a short plaid catholic school skirt can have on a man till you see it.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

Delete

plantgirlll

Total posts: 150
Posted:What's it like to be cute? I'm 5'10" before I put shoes on & have been since I was 13. Have never had that word apllied to me lol! Work it Pele!!!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

Delete

Puk
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

Puk

Sweet talented nutter

Total posts: 2615
Posted:I understand what pele mean's . When girl's say im cute . What im not sexy ! cute is never taken seriously cute is baby photo's and fuffly stuff !.

God dam it why can't i just be sexy !

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Delete

NickC

Monkey Wrangler

Total posts: 183
Posted:I'm 19 now. I was at the doctors with my mother (I think doctors are a waste of time for minor things, which this was, so she made me go) and our regular one wasn't in. The one that came in introduced herself to my mother and looked at me and said "And this must be your husband." My mom is 49. That kind of caught me off guard.

Delete

Gidg
BRONZE Member since Apr 2003

Gidg

Super Gidg!!!!

Total posts: 8506
Posted:Don't worry about being cute, cute in it self is sexy. Especially if you tall and of the male persuasion. (Personal opinion only.)

Actually it works out great when you get older. I was carded until I was 28. I am now 41 and people guess my age to be 28 or 29. Now, if you can do the math (which I can not ) At 28 I looked 21, at 41 I look 29, at 60 Ill look?? God, I hope that I keep aging well; Ill look fantastic by the time I hit 60.

You also have to remember that attitude can have a part in cuteness. Attitude and the way you feel about yourself comes across in performance and daily living. Lets face it, when was the last time you passed a stranger on the street that was frowning with a grumpy attitude that you thought was cute.

The cute people are normally those that have a genuine smile on their face and look approachable. I am no looker myself, but I have been told that I am cute because of my attitude towards life and my sunny disposition.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Delete

Pele

Pele

the henna lady

Posted:quote:Originally posted by plantgirlll:
What's it like to be cute? I'm 5'10" before I put shoes on I am 5'10" as well (before shoes), mostly in the legs so I get called "amazon" as well. But I have a classically Gidget roundish face with dimples, I am just missing freckles. PWB pointed out I have these habits that feed into it cuteness I cock my head to the side when I think and am VERY animated when I speak, like a child. And when everyone else opts for dark I tend to opt for something more color oriented, which PWB noticed sets me aside...but it's habit so I never noticed myself. He did say I can be quite the vixen and don't realize it when I do fire and/or snake shows (meaning animal not the move).

Thanks so much for the input too everyone. It makes me feel loads better about it quite truthfully.

NickC are you joking? Does your mom look that young? Good for her!
My son and I went to have our photo taken together a couple years ago, the photographer commented on how much my little brother looked like me. No matter what I said she didn't believe he was my son until she heard him call me mom.

I was looking at high school photo's of me the past couple of weeks, from when I was bulemic and in a really bad way. One friend told me that I look worse than most addicts that go into rehab, and all agreed that I look better now. What I found was that when I was underweight I looked old. When I was 14 (cause I was tall too) people mistook me for being 18 to 22. But, now I am a bit over ideal weight, I still look that age. Not only am I healthier now but happier and I was thinking about it and I truly believe it has alot to do with that youthful thing. Perhaps the fountain of youth lies not within yoga and diet as a lifestyle but in actually being happy.
What do ya'all think?

Thanks for helping me feel that maybe being cute isn't so bad (though I am still not over the feeling entirely).

Pele

Delete