chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
Hey guys
At the moment I am working on this whole wrap things - The last days I have watch some glowsticking videos, and well what shall I say - it is sick. They have this great wrap-combos but they are playing that fast, that I can't see exactly what they are doing there.

Can anybody help?

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Look for an Arm Roll Tutorial. One hand warps and then you move you arm the opposite direction pulling it differently. The other hand spiral wraps. Im not to great at explaining it bit the vid helps alot I use this trick alot now and is quite simple. And if you were watching Syphonkiller (I think thats his name) then we saw the same video and i agree that it is incredible. That at the least is 1 of the tricks ive managed to catch from his vids ^^
hope this helps

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

A free FlameSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Alright guys, i have just been learning my poi wraps aswell, spiral wrap is by far an easy trick and looks really good, syphonkiller is a great glowsticker, you should also check out melvenorc12 he is pretty insane, to learn ur wraps visit:
www.glowsticking.com

they have good tutorial vids for learning wraps.
^^ laterz

St0rMySILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
it says glowsticking.com is no longer up frown

We're addicted to planes, trains and automobiles
We're addicted to addiction
We dig livin in fiction
For money, power, respect, the Army's got to go kill
They're all under contract so let the blood spill

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Try using you tube and search for glow sticking tutorials, or the name of the spinner.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

AllToreUpSILVER Member
the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away...
19 posts

Posted:
If you're going to be trying any of the wrap combos with fire, be aware how much fuel is in your wicks before going into it. If you're wrapping too early in the burn, the impact is going to spread fuel and fire onto you pretty quickly.

General tips for wraps: Rotate your arm/leg with the direction of the poi spin. This slows the poi head down a bit, stopping the poi from "bouncing" off you. Rotate the other way to unwrap.

I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

karmaraverstranger
1 post

Posted:
^^ Also be careful to not wrap too late in the burn either if you have metal near the fire that gets hot. I got some nasty 2nd degree burns from hot equipment that basically flash fried my forearms.

Glowsticking.com was down around the 5th earlier this month because they were changing servers. It's back up now, along with all of the tuts/videos smile

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
i've been getting lots of minor burns from my poi and i couldn't figure out why and then i remembered that i have eye loops on the bottom of my poi... Whoops!

I don't know what to do about this really, i love wraps and i cant remove the loops (nor would i want to) i guess it's wear clothes or suck it up!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: poifull_spiriti guess it's wear clothes or suck it up!

Clothes are definitely recommended. wink

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
make yourself some gauntlets, I make mine outa leather:
go to a charity shop, pick up a thin leather jacket for a few £, buy one way too small for you- you want the sleeves to be almost skin tight. Cut the sleeves off at your elbows, pull them up over you hand, cut a thumbhole and built in some laces to tighten them up wink
EDITED_BY: liquidtrance (1270108727)

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

tracerammoGOLD Member
29 posts

Posted:
Check this out... a few wrap ideas...

Enjoy!

The wispering of the wise never entertains the fools...