• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Sister Eleven
GOLD Member since Aug 2009

Sister Eleven

owner of the group property

Total posts: 1277
Posted:My poi count as part of me, right? Monday night was my very first burn, and it was all I might have hoped for. In fact, later tonight (Wednesday by PST reckoning) I'm burning again.

SO hooked.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Delete Topic

Woodsy
BRONZE Member since Nov 2009

Spanking you kindly.

Total posts: 156
Posted:hahaha, after burning myself for a first time, im going to practice the trick i was doing and master it so i dont do it again >_<

but im going to get burn cream when i get my fire poi as well, just so it doesnt hurt as bad ^_^

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

Delete

JayKitty
GOLD Member since Nov 2004

JayKitty

Mission: Ignition

Total posts: 534
Posted:Yup, brush up on your burn first aid, but i found the experience kind of like getting tattooed or pierced. It hurts... but you kinda like it, lol. Just be careful and enjoy the experience.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Delete

Sister Eleven

Sister Eleven

Posted:Heh, in retrospect I used amusingly ambiguous language. I did not receive any heat-related injuries, though I avoided that by the skin of my teeth (censored reverse butterflies will kill me some day). What I meant is I set my poi on fire for the first time tongue2

Though I certainly am reviewing my burn first aid again anyway. Figure I should drill it in early, you know?

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Never a bad thing. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit
GOLD Member since Oct 2009

SpinnerofDetroit

All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want

Total posts: 2280
Posted:I've had my face on fire before, but that was because Dunhams gave me Coleman's when I asked for lamp oil. btw at the time I didn't know the difference, and after like 20 firebreaths, I did a public thing at my friend's house and there was like 20 little, like 8-12 yrs old little, parents, and my friends watching, and at that one time, after a nice pillar of flame, the next one blew back to my face and caught my face and then my hair on fire. Afterwards it felt like a bad sunburn and my friends dad put toothpaste on the burns, and I would never think toothpaste would help a burn, but it does. And it peeled and my chin and nose. Afterwards on the way to the ER, my parents were driving, and some guy had a seizure in his car in the middle of an intersection (he slammed on the brake, not gas thankfully). My parents got out to help him and he grabbed my mom's hand and didn't let go for like 20 minutes. Leaving me in the car with a burned face alone in pain. I still have a ton of Coleman's too. I'll soon be on fire (poi) for a second time! And not my face this time! XD When the weather gets warm, I'll officialy be a firespinner grin grin grin I can't wait!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice
GOLD Member since Sep 2009

EpitomeOfNovice

Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981

Total posts: 787
Posted:That is so awesome Sister Eleven! I just got my fire gear the day after thanksgiving and after some practice with the Mura heads, getting all my safety gear/knowledge spot on and location secured, plus a few drills with spotters I'll be starting the thread about my first time:)

It must've felt like words cannot even describe, glad to hear everything went well for your first time. Congrats!

How long were you lit up for (burn time/wick type) and how many maneuvers did you go for with the fire?

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Delete

Sister Eleven

Sister Eleven

Posted:I burned twice, each about seven minutes. I find it hard to restrain myself, so I went for just about everything I know except butterfly meltdowns. It was pretty intense (and tiring--the fuel's a fair bump in weight).

Oh, and my wicks are 5/8" rope monkey fists, with a white gas/lamp oil mixture.

EDITED_BY: Sister Eleven (1259644605)
EDIT_REASON: More burn info

Delete