• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Sunshine92
BRONZE Member since Jun 2009

Sunshine92

Total posts: 42
Posted:Hey everyone,

I have been working on self-photography with Poi! Here are some of my results! Here's my Flickr account The first page is mainly fire, and the second page is my LED's, which I think are more artistic. Let me know what you think =) I'll be adding more every week =)

With happiness

John

Delete Topic

FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:I like hearts, batman symbol and blue star... (had seen quite *cough* many flowers - so they don't impress me too much)...

really nice stuff, at times maybe a tad less ambient light, more closeup and the contrast could be pushed quite a bit

nice letters wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete

JayKitty
GOLD Member since Nov 2004

JayKitty

Mission: Ignition

Total posts: 534
Posted:Nice work. Lots of nice shots. Sure everyone is doing flowers, but you have some nice quality ones in your gallery. I went to wild fire 07 and haven't had the chance to go back since. I really miss it, I'll get back eventually. How was it this year?

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:You should be very proud of these smile I disagree with what you say about your alphabet though. What would James Bond do without Q?

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:my earlier post was not in any way playing down the quality of your flowers - I DO like them... only that there are so many out there....

should add that I find your LED Poi drawing exquisite smile

Delete

Sunshine92

Sunshine92

Posted:FireTom, no worries - I know exactly how you feel about flowers, and I agree with so many of them out there smile And thank you for your advice on contrast and lighting! smile I'll give a go at it smile

Jaykitty, thank you smile This year's WildFire was just amazing.. Wonderful people, wonderful food, wonderful scenery, everything was perfect. I even got to meet Chris Rovo. Unfortunately, the main drawback is that I had to take four days off of highschool to go, and I came back with a crap load of work to make up, and in midterm week.. And considering it's my Junior year, my most important year, I shouldn't be doing that (Though it was totally worth it :D)

Spanner, thank you very much smile I am becoming more and more proud of these pictures thanks to you guys. You're right though.. I should put that Q in there.. Lol smile

With happiness,

John

P.S. Would you guys like it if I let you all know when I add new pictures?

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:please smile

Delete

JayKitty

JayKitty

Posted:I don't know where you're from, but I definitly need to go next year, keep me posted and maybe we can carpool. I'm in central Jersey, its only like a 5 hour ride if its still in CT. When I went I got to meet Grisha and Loki. Amazing people who taught me the real ins and outs of fire breathing.

Delete

Sunshine92

Sunshine92

Posted:Well, I used to live in New York, but I recently moved to Georgia because my father is having heart problems. My plans, however, are to go to each Wild Fire now. When I do go, I will fly into LaGuardia airport in New York. My mother lives in Queens, so I'd stay there for a night, then drive with some friends to CT. I would definitely enjoy spinning with you sometime. smile I wish you all the best, JayKitty smile

With happiness,

John

P.S. Well, this is lame.. My family and I drove down to Tampa, and I brought all my Poi equipment, my camera charger, and my tripod, but forgot my camera.. I'll have to make up for that with a bunch of pictures tonight...

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Pretty. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

Sunshine92

Sunshine92

Posted:Thanks, Aston! =D

With happiness,

John

Delete

JayKitty

JayKitty

Posted:If youre ever in the area give me a call, also drop me a line sometime to remind me to register for WF. I get so into things I forget how much fun I had last time.

Delete

roarfire
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

roarfire

comfortably numb

Total posts: 2676
Posted:Wicked photos John. I have never seen a heart shaped quite like that or the batman symbol done before. Nice! Keep it up smile hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Delete

Sunshine92

Sunshine92

Posted:Awww, thank you, Roarfire! grin I should be posting two or three more pictures tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out how to work my shutter speed flash.. smile I would love to add more, it's just that my college prep class is requiring us to do three essays, and I'm trying to figure out what college I should go to.. So I'm terrifyingly busy.. eek

With happiness,

John

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:I hope you don't mind - I've just added you as a contact on Flickr so it lets me know when you upload more photos smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:btw if it's not about the traffic to your Flickr account you can link the pictures here (Full Reply Screen - Picture - add URL)

wink

Delete

=Flashpoint=
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets

Total posts: 2719
Posted:Yea, nice.... The LED photos especially, there's such a good strong consistent colour there...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Delete

Felex
SILVER Member since Jun 2009

Felex

Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.

Total posts: 268
Posted:Yay more pictures

Delete