Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > 4-6 month contract in Qatar at approx £2250/month

Login/Join to Participate

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Anyone interested in a 4-6 month performing contract in Doha, Qatar from 1st October 2009 at approx. £2250/month.

I've just been sent this and it sounds fun:
(ps just contact them directly if you are interested)
---------

So, here's the thing, just been handed a rather exciting, if not scary little project and wanted to share with you all in case you know of anybody who may be interested or you have any contacts that you think would be worth approaching.

My task is to find performers/entertainers/musicians who would be willing to take a 4 to 6 month contract out in Doha, Qatar from 1st October 2009. They will be required to perform along a boulevard not dissimilar to the Southbank in London along which have designer stores (the cheapest being Hugo Boss) on a man-made island within Doha, with a view to livening up the whole area and encourage more traffic to the stores.

Now, lets set the scene; Qatar for 6 months ...... mmmm......... it is during our winter so the weather is a lot more favourable - 30 degrees+ (especially if you currently work outside in lets say Covent Garden or the Southbank during the winter), the contract would be direct with the company out in Qatar so the salary is tax free, money you are looking at approx. £2250/month but this does include paying for your own food (accommodation and return flights are covered by client). There could be some negotiation on this for the right performer.

On the downside, and i have to be up front as it is for such a long period, Doha isn't the most 'kicking' of locations, strict Muslim country, alcohol only available at very few hotels and then very expensive. However, if somebody is looking to get away from the madness in London for a while it could be ideal.

Working on the basis that the more people that i contact the better, that's where you come in. If any of the below happen to have crossed your path or you have any contacts whatsoever that you think would be worth contacting, then please let me know or simply just fwd this email, we are holding auditions in London and Prague so if you also think of anything a little bit different not listed below then please fwd my details.

IT WILL BE FOR A HIGH END ADULT AUDIENCE SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO RECOMMEND JUGGLERS, CLOWNS, MAGICIANS etc, UNLESS ADULT FOCUSSED.

LONDON AUDITIONS: Open auditions on Thursday 6th & Friday 7th August from 12 til 6pm at Dance Attic, 368 North End Road, London SE6.
Closed auditions on Monday 10th & Tuesday 11th August from 9 til 4 at Dance Attic

PRAGUE AUDITIONS: Open auditions on Wednesday 12th August - venue TBC
Closed auditions on Thursday 13th & Friday 14th August from 9 til 4

Looking for the following acts:

Acrobatic Performers
Theatrical Performers
Caricature Artists
Fire spinner/eater
Living Statues
Mimes

Guitarist
Saxophone
Steel Drums
Trumpet
Accordion
Harmonica/flute/clarinet/wind instrument

The musicians would definitely need to create a busking feel and be able to walk and play along the boulevard as opposed to being stationary.

CONTACT DETAILS:

Andy Homer
Artistic Director
+447968 204983

If unavailable for open audition, please send CV & Showreel to receive no later than Tuesday 4th August for possible inclusion in closed audition to:

11a Claremont Road
London
NW2 1BP

Thanks everyone,

Andy

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

burning_ninjanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Are we talkin like war zone kind of qatar, cause you had my attention at paid gig and the possibility that some terrorist nut is going to lob rockets while we're doing it just puts me right in the mood, do they have an email

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
I left the email address off so the guy didn't get loads of spam but i'll stick it here anyway...

andy [dot] homer [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

KeroSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I would be interested but I live in the US =/