Forums > Social Discussion > Alaskan Air Force Abortion Scandal.

Login/Join to Participate

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
you might want to consider renaming the thread to be relevant to the article wink

here i was thinking the chinese had finally invaded anchorage and FO3 was a prophecy....

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Well, it was relevant but ambiguous, I didn't want to throw the A word into the title because of the connotations it carries, also why I made no comment, I was just playing devils advocate.

hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Which "A" word would you refer to?

Dunno why you call it an "Alaskan Air Force Abortion Scandal" now... where's the "scandal"?

If she would have wanted an abortion that would have been her choice and she should have been legally able to go ahead with it - I don't give much about the wordings that have been put forth against the "pro-abortion lobby"... what this guy did (and that's the only thing that counts for me right here) has been extremely unwise and selfish... he poisoned his lover - someone who obviously trusted him - in his very own interest and he took the possibility into account that she herself might die in the process... he got the receipt for that... Personally I'd call it "manslaughter" and "attempted murder"...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Why a scandal? Because things to do with seemingly 'respectable' names tend to end up coming out as scandals since they reflect on the organisation as a whole... I mean, why else does it bother to mention he's an air force staffer?

Because he's being paid by peoples taxes... that makes it somewhat scandalous, I suppose. But really, it was the first word that came to my head... got a better title that doesn't say "murder" or "manslaughter" or "forced abortion"

How is it Manslaughter? I mean... the baby died... thats what he intended... Manslaughter is unintentional... if she'd died it would have been manslaughter, but she lived.

It wasnt "attempted murder" because the thing he wanted to die, did die.

So its murder or its something else entirely.

hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
good points...

Originally Posted By: newsarticle"In this case, the military is prosecuting crimes against two victims -- a mother who survived, and an unborn child who died," he said. "The killing of the unborn child is being prosecuted under the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, which was enacted in 2004 after a five-year effort led by NRLC."

So you call it a scandal because you feel he should have gotten 26 yrs or life for murder...?

maybe one point in all this is that an unborn child does not enjoy the same rights as a born one... maybe it is so because if it did, any abortion could be charged as murder...

what would you prefer? or what would your charges be if you'd be the judge?

That's why I asked, where YOU see the scandal...
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1245161776)
EDIT_REASON: sp

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I didn't say that. I said its either murder or something else entirely. I'm fairly undecided on this issue.

26 years is probably too many while 10 years probably isnt enough.

I wouldn't want to be the judge on that case, or any other case for that matter, I'm not the judgemental sort.

hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
why "murder"? why either "black" (murder) or "white" (something else entirely)? maybe it got charged as "something else entirely"...

so you say he should have gotten 18 years?

PS: it's not easy to have any opinion, is it...?

I mean either you have one - which will at some stage get subject of discussion, or you have none... which would make you the perfect judge...
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1245162641)

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Thats a very weird assumption, Tom... Why do you assume "something else entirely" is white?

The charge could be "forced abortion" Thats something else entirely... are you telling me thats 'white'?

hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: MNSI didn't say that. I said its either murder or something else entirely. I'm fairly undecided on this issue.

Originally Posted By: MNSThats a very weird assumption, Tom... Why do you assume "something else entirely" is white?

please grant pardon, it seems as if me comez across weird some times. me randomly used "black" or "white"... please replace with any other, like "oranges" and "apples"... whatever. by no means me approves of "forced abortion"...

my question only has been, why you call it "murder or something else entirely".... when a human being ends the life of another human being, it is either called "murder", (un/intentional) "manslaughter", or "euthanasia". when the life of an unborn child is ended, it usually is called "abortion"... not sure whether the term "forced abortion" so far exists...

fact is he got 9+ years for intentionally killing an unborn child and willingly taking into account that the mother might die in the process... and me thinks that is... it just is that. not more, not less. 9 years in jail for "murder" is quite little... but it has not been "murder"... why? because an unborn child does not enjoy the same rights as a born child. why? because it would turn all abortions into "murder" and what would be the result of this?

all women who choose to abort their children would be charged with "murder" (which morally is already happening)... law works like that... justitia is blind, so we either need to cut some holes in the fold or we categorize... "forced abortion"... people come up with something new, system is old, so we need to apply an old system to a new condition...

me is not approving ... already stated that i perceive this as a very unwise and ruthless act. i say he got the consequences of his actions and rightfully so.

you ever been to jail? not a nice place to exchange for the cockpit of a jetplane... quite steep fall he performed.

now look at life, isn't there some justice after all? isn't it wonderful? because he could have gotten away with it... but he chose differently himself and he got taped... framed himself to do penance for his deeds... this is (part of) what me calls "the binary code"... you just can't help it.
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1245176287)
EDIT_REASON: confusion