Forums > Social Discussion > Tactical voteing in canadian election. (voteing harper out)

Login/Join to Participate

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
What do people think about tactical voteing? As in voteing to remove a party from power rather then vote for who you want in power? Normally I spoil my ballot if theirs no one in my riding I would want to vote for, so it is recorded as a protest vote. But I feel this upcoming election may be a pivotal time in canadian history and I really fear where canada will go with the conservatives in power.

I used to think voteing people out, instead of voteing people in was a bad way to look at elections. but as I get older im starting to realize it's good to abandon idealism for practicality sometimes.

PS-heres a good website for anyone like minded who doesn't know who to vote for to vote a conservative out of their riding. Has up to the last minute forecasting of who may be the best candidate to vote for to avoid vote splitting.

https://www.voteforenvironment.ca/

The less people know the more they believe