• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Technical Discussion > pyrotecnic courses / special effects

Login/Join to Participate

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8735
Posted:Hi everyone.
A few of us are looking to book on some pyrotechnic courses probably in stage pyro and wondered if anybody had any experience / knew a good course. I have found quite a few but am not sure yet which would be best for using Pyro in shows. I.e backdrop / foreground.
Any idea appreciated.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Total posts: 489
Posted:There are two guys in Perth with licences. I will poke them in your direction (though this would only matter if you're in Oz...)

The gist of it I think is you have to find the person who runs the course... they only run a course if they have enough people so it could be months... licences run out each year and can be expensive if you aren't using pyros.

Also, a lot of he time people don't want to pay for it as well...

Total posts: 1261
Posted:I'll have a word around Mr Mynci. I know quite a few pyro guys from the summers events. Might even see one of them tonight in Liverpool.

Sitting down facing forward . . .
Total posts: 2387
Posted:If you're gonna be in Christchurch : http://www.fireworks.co.nz/pyroservices/training.htm

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.