Fencainewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Well, Hello Everyone!!! My name is Fencai and Im VERY new to Poi. I remember while attending the Renaissance Faire every summer that the first thing on my "to do" list was to find out when the Spanish Ambassador was going to do his Poi show. I was there for each show every time I went. I remember thinking,"I wanna do that!"

So, here I am! Looking to learn all that I can! and already with my thighs a little beat up from my poi smacking into them tonight! LOL)

So, Im in the USA, in Pennsylvania. And Im 28 (going on 8!) Im a Lady, and Im a clothing designer for a living, who's looking to get out of it and become a massage therapist and herbalist. (Once I get my bills paid off this WILL come true!!) I refuse to "grow up", and my husband says that I learned that from my father, who is the biggest kid you will ever meet!

I love to laugh and live. My hobbies besides learning poi, are sewing, reading, anything crafty.

Im currently working on my costume to go to Faery Festival in a couple of weeks.

Anything else you want to know, just ask! Im not a bashful person!

oh, and Nutella. (But I like vegemite just as much!)

EDITED_BY: Fencai (1208734325)

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Ooh a Faery festival. Sounds wonderful. You will have to post some photos! ubblove

An American who likes Vegemite...you don't come across one of those very often!

Welcome to HoP Fencai, have a wonderful journey smile hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
if you like vegemite, i reckon you would like marmite aswell

welcome to HOP, have fun biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Spanish ambassador does a poi show??

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MuckySILVER Member
Rum-Swilling Combustioneer
227 posts

Posted:
Whereabouts in Pennsylvania? I'm in the Allentown area. I'm still a fledgling myself but if you're nearby it might be fun to get a practice going!

Welcome to HOP by the way - I've been learning a lot here!

Bouncing Baby Pipe!

Fencainewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah the Spanish Ambassador did a killer show every time! I was glued to my bench!

and i LOVE vegemite, but havent heard of marmite... what's that all about!? Im the girl who always eats new foods! I'll try anything!

and I'll def post pics of the festival when i come back!

hey Mucky-I'd LOVE to get together! Im in Lansdale, PA and actually work in Stockertown, so we're not far at all!!
Drop me a PM and we can chat!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!!

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
Hi Fencai.... your in the same town as me. Wheeeee.... And I just noticed your post so please excuse my lateness.

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!