Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Sheffield Poi in the Park Birthday: 20th October 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, Si here with an official Poi in the Park Sheffield Birthday announcement..

I can now confirm that our Birthday PiP will be taking place on Saturday, October 20th, from 3pm onwards.

The location is as follows: Endcliffe Park, off the Hunters Bar/Eccleshall Road Roundabout, Sheffield.

For those of you using sat nav to find your way, the postcode is: S11 7AB.

As in previous years the day is going to be a whole lot of fun, with lots of crazy things going on during both the day and night. We intend to have a few workshops running during the day (anyone wanting to run one or suggest what they'd like to learn please get in touch in the weeks to come), along with games and other activities, so whether your coming down to teach, learn, play or just be a monkey in a field for a day it should be fun for everyone!! :-)

For those of you who haven't been to a SheffPiP Birthday before, we like to keep everything very relaxed and groovy (as a certain crazy orange fruit repeatedly says...), which means there will be people from all walks of life, with loads of different props and differing skill levels; from those who perform for a living, to those who have quite literally never picked up poi, juggling balls etc.. before.

In the evening we will be having a renegade based fire show, where we encourage anyone who is comfortable and sensible with fire to get up and show us what they love doing best.

We will save the pros. till the very end because the show should be more about people who love fire than those who live fire, and we want you all to feel totally relaxed about spinning in front of us, regardless of skill level (again as long as you are sensible and safe with fire).

NB. Poi in the Park Sheffield is not liable for any personal injuries sustained while performing with fire. All individuals perform under their own consent. First Aid equipment will be provided should any accidents occur, and fire marshalls will make themselves aware to you before anyone lights up.

When the fire dies down we have also got St. Andrew's Church Hall for the night as we have had in recent years. This will provide a venue for more spinning, drinking, bouncing around and general madness for the remainder of the night. The hall comfortably sleeps over 50 people, and is fully equipped with kitchen and toilet facilities, so expect a continuing supply of tea, cakes and biccies...!

The large room will be allocated as the sleeping room, and past 2am music will have to be kept to a minimum to let those who wish to, sleep. However the small room will be an all-night UV room for those of you who aren't planning on sleeping.. ;-)

Although SheffPiP is a totally free event to attend, I do have to cover the base cost of hiring the hall for the night, and as such all those who wish to stay over will be asked to donate a modest £4 towards their stay. However, depending on how many people stay over, if i end up breaking even this year any money left over will be used to buy some yummy breakfast treats for all those in the hall... :-)

Those wishing to stay for the night, can you please email me over the next few weeks so i can guage numbers, and include any others you know of who may also wish to sleep over. The email address to use for this, and all enquiries is:

sheffpip@googlemail.com

That's about it for now. I'll post up a contact number for people to use closer to the day, but in the meantime i'll list below a summary of important information..

When: Saturday 20th October 2007, 3pm till 9am Sunday.
Where (Daytime): Endcliffe Park, Eccleshall Road. S11 7AB
Where (Night): St. Andrew's Church Hall, Hanover Way. S3 7RQ
Who: Absolutely anyone and everyone.
Price: Free for all during the day. £4 to sleep in the hall.

So, get booking those days off in your diaries and get those train/coach tickets sorted cos this is one day you're not gonna want to miss out on! :-)

Stay tuned for more updates and keep those suggestions coming for activities and workshops.

Also, anyone wanting to do a non-renegade performance please email me with details of your routine, any music you may want playing etc..

Peace n Pineapples

Si

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
wave

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
well then my pretties... i have but one word for you.... HOODIES!

so who wants one then?

for those of you who saw me wandering round on saturday modelling a PiP hoodie, that's what they look like.. for those who didn't, look at my gallery and there will be a very un-glamorous pic of me wearing one to demonstrate what they look like.

oh and they are THE most comfortable, warm hoodies in the world.. i havent taken mine off yet as it's the only thing protecting me from the sheffield cold..!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lowan

Special thanks to PK who guided me into landing! hug

So that's who Bubble's gave my phone to ubbidea

Written by: si_sheff

well then my pretties... i have but one word for you.... HOODIES!

so who wants one then?

for those of you who saw me wandering round on saturday modelling a PiP hoodie, that's what they look like.. for those who didn't, look at my gallery and there will be a very un-glamorous pic of me wearing one to demonstrate what they look like.

oh and they are THE most comfortable, warm hoodies in the world.. i havent taken mine off yet as it's the only thing protecting me from the sheffield cold..!

I'll take one, but not the one you were wearing. I remember that getting rather wet the following afternoon.
And thanks to you I have had 'Cecil' & the 'shark song' in my head ever since I got home.

I promise I will get those pics to you this week smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

Written by: Lowan

Special thanks to PK who guided me into landing! hug

So that's who Bubble's gave my phone to ubbidea

I even brought your phone back to you.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
You did and I am greatful. I now know who you are. Was nice to kinda meet you (if briefly, will make more effort next time) smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I be that one... with the short hair in the uberstaff tee shirt.. the one not playing with toys... with Mech... whom at some point gave directions to random people to Sheffield. biggrin

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
So..hoodies! I want one, please!! ubbrollsmile

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Page: ...