Sleefsnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
My girlfriend has just purchased some kevlar and poi heads off this site and i just wanted to know if i have to condition the wicks before i spin with them. I read online somewhere that once you have wrapped the kevlar around the staff, and bolted it, that one must dip and light the wicks about 5 times before one starts spinning with them....is this true or false? someone please help, im so confused and all I want to do is start spinning with fire!!!!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If you want to waste time conditioning you wicks, then please feel free.

But there has actually been non scientific tests into this, and none of them prove anything.

In other words, it really doesn't matter if you soak them or not. Its more of a myth to be honest.

ubbrollsmile

(this is Ucof, not Skully)

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
My advice is give them a good solid 15 mins for their first soak and after that just go for it and have fun.

Also if you want to keep your wicks in good condition make sure you soak them before you put them away and while not in use the heads should be wrapped (I use shopping bags from the supermarket).

Hope that helps

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Sleefsnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Yeah, thanx...I'll go do that now!!!! YEEHAA!!

Masked52member
83 posts

Posted:
I dip mine for about 30 seconds, seems to work fine.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
The first thing to do find information on HoP is to search for existing threads on the topic. There are many on this topic that go into a lot of detail. The second thing to do, if you really do need to ask rather than read what is already there, is to state your actual query in the name of the thread. This will help people in future realise that the question has been asked, and answered. *Urgent Help* could mean anything.

Edit:

Hmmm, that was bit harsh eh. Shouldn't post first thing in the morning before tea.

OK I'll be nice. Now, [Old link] is a link to a Very Old and not even so relevant, but very amusing thread.

[Old link]

is a link to when I asked the same question a few years ago. Good thing I didn't call it something like 'randomly fast answer needed' or I never would have found it again. wink
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1181971243)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*stands ready in emergency suit with the rest of HoP*
Non-Https Image Link

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol
That picture just made my day!