Forums > Social Chat > Most Embarrasing Work Moments!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
catmandoonewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Ever incredibly embarrased yourself at work?
Whats your story?

Here are mine (there are a few!)

1. On my first day working at Pak n Save supermarket, I felt a little queezy, and before I could escape, I threw up everywhere, and a supervisor had to get a plastic bag! Even the customers could see, and many left with looks of disgust on their face.

2. Happened just the other day...I work at a physio as a receptionist after uni in the evenings...the phone rang and I leaned over someone to grab it...fell off my chair!!! had to answer the phone while sprawled on the floor eek so embarrasing! Mean while several physios and patients cracked up laughing.

I would love to hear other embarrasing work incidents!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
When I was 17 I was working at a movie theater and one night I got off early so my boyfriend at the time and I decide to watch a movie. Well mid-movie we decide HEY! We want to have sex in the movie theater! So we did... no one else was in the theater and didnt think much of it. Well we walk out, and ALL of my coworkers, and my boss was standing at the concession stand, laughing at me. I am really, really confused, and my boss says "Remember... even though no one is in the movie theater, the projection room allows you to see whatever is going on in every theater."

My face turned bright, bright red and I just kept on walking out the door smile

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol
Oh yeah! That'll do it every time!! (embarrassing I mean)

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol
Oh yeah! That'll do it every time!! (embarrassing I mean)

seconded! ubblol

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
I used to work for the Gadget Shop and whenever we sold anything that was vaguely fragile we had to take it out of the box and show it to the customer to make sure it wasn't broken, put it back in the box and tape it closed again. To this end we kept large rolls of sticky tape by the tills. This one particular day I was serving a lady who was buying a fibre optic flower lamp so I fetched one from the stock room, opened the box, showed it to her, boxed it back up, taped it shut and as was my habit slipped the roll of tape over my wrist while I put it through the till. After she left I turned to one of my colleagues behind me and took the roll of tape from my wrist up to my face so I could look through it with one eye whilst closing the other and very loudly said "Aye Aye!" as I thought it would be amusing. Noticing there was a new customer standing at the counter I turned, still squinting through the roll of tape, to come face to face with a man wearing an eye-patch.

I spent the next 15 minutes hiding in the stock room. redface redface redface

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i was crouching down to pick up a box - the correct way so not to stuff my back - and *RIP* my pants split right down the arse seam... while in the bosses office...

thankfully she wasnt there at the time biggrin

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
I'm sure she wouldn't have minded seeing your arse Ed... hehehehe

Would have made her day
biggrin ubbrollsmile

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

catmandoonewbie
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: monserat

I used to work for the Gadget Shop and whenever we sold anything that was vaguely fragile we had to take it out of the box and show it to the customer to make sure it wasn't broken, put it back in the box and tape it closed again. To this end we kept large rolls of sticky tape by the tills. This one particular day I was serving a lady who was buying a fibre optic flower lamp so I fetched one from the stock room, opened the box, showed it to her, boxed it back up, taped it shut and as was my habit slipped the roll of tape over my wrist while I put it through the till. After she left I turned to one of my colleagues behind me and took the roll of tape from my wrist up to my face so I could look through it with one eye whilst closing the other and very loudly said "Aye Aye!" as I thought it would be amusing. Noticing there was a new customer standing at the counter I turned, still squinting through the roll of tape, to come face to face with a man wearing an eye-patch.

I spent the next 15 minutes hiding in the stock room. redface redface redface

I have to say this is one of the best ones I have seen...it's one of those "kill me now" moments hehe

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

'

Oh NOOOOOooooooo..... redface redface redface ubblol ubblol ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
You know what the worst thing was? The very next customers I served after calming down and getting some composure back were an elderly couple buying what we called a weasel ball. Basically it was plastic ball with a weight attached to a motor inside it and a small furry toy 'weasel' attached to the outside so when you switched it on it rolled all over the place and the 'weasel' looked like it was chasing the ball. As I was bagging it up I said 'It'll drive your cat nuts' just to be friendly to which the woman gave me an icy stare and said 'Our cat passed away last week.' That was good for another quarter of an hour in the stock room.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You have to wonder what the hell they were buying it for if their cat passed away!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
(that thing freaks out my dog, he hates it, big huge scaredy cat)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:

.... That was good for another quarter of an hour in the stock room.

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Priceless! Did you call it quits and go home then??! biggrin

I've had some good days like that in my past, but when you're "the village idiot", everyone kinda expects odd behaviour so nothing really sticks out as ultra "embarrassing" - either that or my old age selective memory is working to advantage!

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
It was tempting! ubblol I don't remember a lot else about that day, I think I've blocked it out!!

Sealeymember
30 posts

Posted:
When I was working at Travis Perkins, I was putting away some rolls of insulation, and was running out of room, so decided to stack the rest on top of what was there already. In order to reach, I jumped up, not seeing the metal bar directly above my head. I rammed my head into it, which started pi$$ing blood instantly, as about 15 rolls of fibreglass insulation toppled onto me. It was humiliating, and witnesses swore I did it on purpose to get out of work. But I just didn't see the bar!

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
I used to work at a vets... I once tried convincing this guy that it was in his best interest to have his rotty pup neutered. His response (given in a crowded waiting room) was to cover his nuts with one hand, snatch up his dog in the other and yell: "You can't do that you ... you... feminist! Mah mates call him CHOCOLATE NUTS!!!"

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Out on a Christmas do at one of those Shcool Dinners type things - all dressed St Trinian's-styley, mini skirt, stockings etc. There were lots of games but a running one around which team could take various items to the Headmaster first.

1 team was clearly prepared and winning all the time so in a moment of madness I decided to get one up on them - goddamn competitive nature spank

The call came for a pair of knickers, up ran the other team with a pair your granny wouldn' wear. I stepped back from the crowd, shimmied out of mine and ran up. As I was reaching up to the Head, a guy from the team next to us ran up and pulled my already short skirt up round my waist. Bad enough to show your bum, but my instinctive reaction was to turn round - full frontal for around 150 people -aargh!

Oh .My. God. redface I had a couple of holiday and was dreading going back in, the banter etc - but it was MUCH worse, no-one said a word!! But clearly they'd been gossiping cos my boss (the MD!) said "I'm curious, where do the staples go" Grrr!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Wild Child

But clearly they'd been gossiping cos my boss (the MD!) said "I'm curious, where do the staples go" Grrr!

Ok. Someone explain? I don't get it. confused

-Mike

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i thought i was the only one who didnt get that ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Mine would have to be when I was teaching in Romania. Standing infront of a class of 4th graders going over some excersises...and my nose thought "hey! this would be a good time to start bleeding!" (something it rarely does)

I spent the next half an hour lying on my back in the cleaners' room under the stairs with what seems like the entire school trying to poke their heads in to get a look at the exchange teacher with a blood nose. redface

That's probably as embarrassing as it gets for me. Other than that it's being caught by customers as I swore about them in the kitchen. ooooops

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I'll post my most embarassing (more amusing TBH) work mistake when I manage to login and upload the screenshot to my website.

ubblol

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

Written by: Wild Child

But clearly they'd been gossiping cos my boss (the MD!) said "I'm curious, where do the staples go" Grrr!

Ok. Someone explain? I don't get it. confused

Think he was implying a centrefold shot rolleyes

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Had the MOST embarassing thing happen to me at work today.

I lost. devil

-Mike

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
Doc... maybe I'm a bit slow right now, but I don't get it. What did you lose? confused

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I left work today and went to a doctor's appointment...and as I was takin goff my pants, I noticed that I had a HUGE hole in my crotch. HUGE. And I was wearing boxers and they'd ridden up a bit and there were definately hairy boy bits just peeking out.

Yeah. I'd admitted two teenage girls today, too. :/

Nobody mentioned anything to me.

Can I curl up and die now?

-Mike

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ubblol nice on doc

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol

in the first week at our new office I sat on my chair to an ear splitting CRACK as one of the legs broke and I spilled beautifully to the floor, everyone stopped, turned and looked at me redface

I'm not fat the chair was faulty ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
I have a few fairly embarrasing storys, i found a fire in the engine room an so as I've been trained i got onto the tanoy and announced "FIRE FIRE FIRE Fire in the MGR" all the faffy voice procedure we have to follow.

Problem was I locked the Tannoy on so my outburst of obscenities that followed albout my damn f^&*"%&* %^&$*!%^* ()!*>:@ bit of kit that was on fire was heard by the captain and all the othe officers that rushed into the Ships control Center .

Needless to say when I walked in to let them know what happened after the fire had been dealt with to find I could hear all the noise of the machinery room. Realistion dawned on me.....

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
hmmm... I have two stories...

It happened a few weeks after I got my first job. I leaned over on my desk to reach a pen and fell asleep in a stretched position. I still dunno how I did it! I woke up to my phone ringing and realised a coleague had walked passed my office, laughing!

The second one happened in my current job. I was on my chair (with wheels) and I was chatting to a friend on the net. I started laughing for some reason and my chair just dissapeared underneath me! Unfortunately everyone was in the office that day, hehe!

redface

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Well, this didn't happen at work but I vomited in Barbican tube station on my way to work this morning. Lucky they still have bins down on the platforms with the lovely see-through bags. It would have been embarrassing, but it's London so nobody seemed too bothered. I feel rough!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
My screenshot, as promised

What you can see is the official council tax for Swansea program that everyone uses to store data about each council tax payer.
I had to ask my boss how to edit what I had written.

He laughed, lots.

Page: